Sugar's Top Man

1 goal in 6? i blame the delivery from the midfield. it has nothing to do with the fact that i cannot play on my own up front

Well, JoeTheRef by the looks of it likes his midfield role but not forwarding it to you. Takes all the glory haha. And well, PRDH, the defender, has got more than you brambleten. But Im sure you will bang a few more in

Brief Update

Demon4 has been given the captains armband whilst Adam C has been given the role of Vice-Captain. Alan Suger stated the players chosen were down to there "hard work, influence on others, a high level of determination and the decisions they choose to make".

-------

By the way, due to the extra player, the first person to be fired will take place after the 4th match of the league. The next will occur 4 games after that, and then it will be every 3 matches following that.

at least as vice captain if things go wrong you can blame the captain's influence...

Exactly, Can use that in the board room.

Played a few games, wont tell you anything but, I wonder if we will actually win this season? haha

See the bold bits for key info...

A note: For injuries/suspensions, when you miss a game your performance will be rated as 5.5 by Sir Alan to help make his decision upon who to vote off. Injuries/suspensions therefore come with a heavy ‘fine’.

Welcome to the Third episode of Sugars Top Man

Your Fired!

The time has come to see who Sir Alan has voted out of the squad and out of the race to become Alan’s first footballing apprentice. But first, we will take a look at the past four matches to see who was voted off and why.

After a successful pre-season, Sugar FC were set for their first time in the Premier League. What was to come for the players was unknown, but was soon to be found out.

The first league game saw the players pipped against Bolton. Hamilton162 was confirmed as fit, but named as a substitute due to his fitness not being up to par. However, the half time whistle confirmed Brambleton’s worst fears, an injury that has put him out for 2 to 3 weeks. 2v0 down and 70 minutes in, JoeTheRef was substituted off along with Lardman CBD after two appaling performances (6.5 for the former and 5.4 for the latter). To add to the disappointing start to the season, defender PRDH, after a good pre-season let slip and after a second yellow card was sent off for two professional fouls. A further two goals were stuck behind Hawkinio resulting in a 4v0 loss.

Top Rated Players: PRDH(6.9 – but sent off) and DanGLiverpool9(6.7)

The second league game pitched Sugar Fc against one of the toughest competitions they would face all year, Arsenal. The game saw a return for Hamilton162 as the starting striker. The game got off to a bad start as Hawkinio let one slip by in the first 10 minutes, however kept the gunners at bay for the rest of the half with the help mainly coming from Demon4. Hamilton162 proved that he had something to show by getting one back at Arsenal, but the Arsenal team quickly got one back to win 2v1.

Top rated players: Demon4(7.5) and Hamilton162(7.0)

The Third League game saw the return of ex-banned player PRDH. The game saw Tottenham score in the early minutes of the game and Adam C along with Demon4 and PRDH getting booked. A further second goal was put in before half time. JoeTheRef was given special treatment as he left the field injured – An estimated 3 to 4 weeks out: What would Sir Alan think of this? Could his previous performances be noted, or will they be disregarded? Hawkinio made some superb saves throughout and the defenders made some good tackles. The game finished 2v0.

Top Players: Hawkinio(7.3) and DanGLiverpool(7.3)

The Fourth League game saw Fulham come to the Sugar Pot Stadium. Lucky for the players was the two week resting period from the match against Tottenham, allowing the return of Brambleton. The game however proved to be a difficult one for Alan’s Apprentices, going 1v0 down in the 16th minute followed by another in the 52nd. Brambletons’ comeback wasn’t very entertaining and put in a dismal performance of just 5.8, the rest of the team put in a better performance, generally reaching mid to high 6’s, with Almondo the star of the team reaching a rating of 7. F.Brookes managed to injure himself with minutes to go, resulting in a thigh strain. Lucky for him that it is at the end of the four league games.The final score was 2v1 (a non apprentice player got the 1).

On a side note – A few of you played for the international squads – u21’s/u19’s, giving on the whole good performances.

------

So after the first 4 league games, Sir Alan has clocked up the averages of the players as follows. But what will Sir Alan make of them?

[b]Hawkinio[/b]: 6.1 | 6.6 | 7.3 | 6.6 | Average: [b]6.65[/b]

[b]Adam C[/b]: 6.0 | 6.7 | 6.9 | 6.5 | Average: [b]6.525[/b]

[b]Demon4[/b]:  5.7| 7.5 | 7.1 | 6.8 | Average: [b]6.775 [/b]

[b] PRDH[/b]: 6.9| Suspended = 5.5 | 7.1 | 5.9 | Average: [b]6.35[/b]

[b]F.Brookes[/b]: 5.5| 6.4 | 5.4 | 6.1 | Average: [b]5.85[/b]

[b]DanGLiverpool[/b]: 6.7| 6.9 | 7.3 | 6.7 | Average:[b] 6.9[/b]

[b]Almondo[/b]: 6.5| 6.7 | 6.3 | 7.0 | Average: [b]6.625[/b]

[b]JoeTheRef[/b] : 6.5| 6.8 | 6.9 | Inj//5.5 | Average:[b] 6.425[/b]

[b]Lardman CBD[/b]: 5.7| 6.5 | 6.9 | 6.5 | Average: [b]6.4[/b]

[b]Hamilton162[/b]: 5.5| 7.0 | 6.8 | 6.4 | Average: [b]6.425[/b]

[b]Brambleton[/b]: 6.0| Inj//5.5 | Inj//5.5 | 5.8 | Average: [b]5.7[/b]

[b]Bjoggi33:[/b] 5.5| 6.4 | 5.4 | 6.1 | Average: [b]5.85[/b]

After receiving the results, the players were called in to a board meeting.

Sir Alan started by asking all of the players “What the hell do you think you are doing out there? Played four, lost four!”

With DanGLiverpool walking in with the highest rating, he was given a free pack of chocolate buttons and a box of celebrations. However, the fate of the three lowest rated players was yet to be decided.

Bjoggi33, Brambleton and F.Brookes were told straight – “Your s**t”. None of this was received lightly by any of the players. Whilst Brambleton was rated the worst amongst the players, F.Brookes had been playing awfully, but Sir.Alan acknowledged Bramblton's injury stating that perhaps without the injury he would have performed better, but this was no excuse according to Sir.Alan. He pointed his finger…

“Brambleton, Your Fired!”

There we have it, the first player to be eliminated is Brambleton who later said “Sir Alan is a knob anyway, I didn’t want to work with him anyway!” F.Brookes got away this time, along with Bjoggi33, but next time, who will be fired?

I'm injured :'(

Yeah, 3-4 weeks as well. Its not looking good, unless someone else plays real bad or gets injured...

Phew, although I'm not sure that Fred will be around for much longer if he continues to play so badly!! :eek:

Really good updates, KUTGW :thup:

Thanks and yeah, not looking too promising for the guy, but you got another 4 games to battle it out so we will see how things turn out.

Still in it :) Bad form, but, I was fairly safe compared to the lower performers in the side. But need to improve as the other top performers beat me so far.

Yeah, you were quite safe even though it was a mid 6, but on the whole, the squad is on bad form, but the team are more Championship top quality than premiership goodness.

There we have it, the first player to be eliminated is Brambleton who later said “Sir Alan is a knob anyway, I didn’t want to work with him anyway!” F.Brookes got away this time, along with Bjoggi33, but next time, who will be fired?

who is this Brambleton?

fired first? that is quite embarrassing. oh well. i blame the captain for not motivating us, the midfield for pathetic delivery, and the medical staff for not getting me back into the matches quicker.

I took a risk by going for the GK position - but looks like some decent performances and I could get quite far - and of course avoided the embarrassment of not being fired first - excellent! And 3rd overall is pretty good for a Gk at this stage. nice one and KUTGW :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived