I find talents and my board keep on selling them!

Nothing to add, it's the 4th talent that my board force me to sell. They are not so common then how am I supposed to reach Premiere if they keep on selling my best ones ?

tx

some boards dont want you to reach the premiership. becuase they know to stay there would cost a fortune and if they fail then they lose alot by getting relegated.

they would think that its best to consolidate yourself in the league your in and make sure your financially sound for the next 12 months.

jump ship to another club.

some boards dont want you to reach the premiership. becuase they know to stay there would cost a fortune and if they fail then they lose alot by getting relegated.

they would think that its best to consolidate yourself in the league your in and make sure your financially sound for the next 12 months.

jump ship to another club.

this is not true, if a team gets promoted to the prem then they get a absolute fortune compared to staying in the championship. Then, even if relegated straight away will get parachute payments. The reason they keep accepting bids is simply they think you need the money rather than the player.

So, the problem is that the offer is to good to be refused ..,this happens to all clubs in the world ...even if you were at Man utd and Real offered 100 mil for Ronaldo or a big sum they would accepted it. try to buy more good players with the money not just one or two with lots of money...and you won't feel thei disappear. this happened to me once untill now

buy I replaced that player with 3 others with that money

Not neccessarily true, I'm managing Manchester United, and in 2012, but best youth prospect was sold under my nose to league rivals Arsenal. He was on loan in France at the time (so Arsene's scouts obviously saw him) and they came along with 30mill, board accepted what was, to be fair, a high price for him. But he's priceless to me, I've invested time in his development, he was happy at the club and had many of my players on his favoured personel list. I just hope Arsenal don't play him and I can snap him back at a profit.

i am sure that someone on here a few months back said that if you set their asking price to £0 in the transfer status then they would not be sold.....as the board are not going to accept a figure of £0 for anyone!!!!! Thus the board will not interfere and sell a player behind your back....this is only what i read on a thread while ago....i have set a few of my key players to £0 and they are still at the club!!

this is not true, if a team gets promoted to the prem then they get a absolute fortune compared to staying in the championship. Then, even if relegated straight away will get parachute payments. The reason they keep accepting bids is simply they think you need the money rather than the player.

problem is, is that if they want to stay up their going to have to spend on new players, not to mention the current players will probably have promotion wage increase clauses.

then they may still get relegated again, and even with parachute money, a lot of the players have to be sold off anyway.

i am sure that someone on here a few months back said that if you set their asking price to £0 in the transfer status then they would not be sold.....as the board are not going to accept a figure of £0 for anyone!!!!! Thus the board will not interfere and sell a player behind your back....this is only what i read on a thread while ago....i have set a few of my key players to £0 and they are still at the club!!

You need to set asking price as £0 and set 'Reject all Offers'. If you do this, no player will be sold over your head.

problem is, is that if they want to stay up their going to have to spend on new players, not to mention the current players will probably have promotion wage increase clauses.

then they may still get relegated again, and even with parachute money, a lot of the players have to be sold off anyway.

true in part, but the board will allocate the money it believes you need to stay up, for example if as is widely reported you make about 50 mil minimum from getting promoted then if the board at the very most said to you as manager here is 30 mil for transfers and extra wages do your best, then yr still making 20 mil minimum more than a season ago, and with some luck and good management you may well stay up and make a ton more and conversely if things go wrong and you get relegated you sell a couple of players take the parachute payments and still make a ton and can then try again. It's a win win getting promoted.

Thats a good idea, but you could run the risk of unsettling the player as if he is half decent there are always going to be clubs sniffing and making bids for £0...

Yeah ambitious players do get unhappy but once the interest dies down, you can get him happy again :thup:

And encatuse, yes it does work.

Just happened to me with Toulouse in 3rd season. Just been given the job after two really solid years with Tours in Ligue 2.

Was building a team and tactic around Gignac when Man-Yoo came in with a £21m bid.....instantly accepted by chairman. Weird thing is my Assistant Manager thinks he is the weak link of my team...i just don't see it.

Big annoyed but at the same time, i have a fair amount of money to spend.

• 3 months later...

You could edit your board inteference and set it to 0 or 1.

This DOES NOT prevent the board from keeping on selling players, they will keep on selling them at least 5-6 per year, but at least you should be able to slightly mitigate its deeply insane and frustrating behaviour.

I wish to have an editor to lobotomize the board once for all.

Does it really work? Then it would be a bug.

This should really be a user selected option to have the board sell players. Remember, this is a game. Many people work difficult, dehumanizing thankless jobs. Having the game we play further this can be a bad thing for some people. Others will prefer to allow the board to sell players.

That's the golden rule SI applied everywhere and that's one of the best option a game can have : the possibility to turn on or off a devastating feature like that.

I hope SI on FM10 won't be blind anymore on this delicate matter

I would leave and join a club that matches my own ambition.

You are right, but how many times have you seen 6 players within few weeks doing that starting the day after having signed a 5 years contract ?

In addition the board force you to sell them.

That's outrageous !!!! It took a year to me to spot those young talent and within a month and a half I'm obliged to sell them all.

Wanna know cause it is ridiculous ? Cause with the editor I set the board influence to 1.

I would leave and join a club that matches my own ambition.
Maybe the editor caused the game to have a chairman bug. Editors can cause all sorts of problems.

Such a behaviour has never been reported from players who set the influence of the board to 1.

The real fact is that the edited value is acting as assumed, but FM09 internal and hidden routines prevent the player to exploit it, otherwise with thousands of guys playing it at least a bunch of them should have found a way to exploit it with a super tactics or something like that but it never happened and it won't neither.

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this thread at just the right time, as I’ve been wondering about this myself.

Like many others I’m trying to keep myself entertained on FM 09 while eagerly awaiting the new release.

I’ve just taken over an English championship team who have very healthy finances, and will be pushing for promotion into the premiership. I’m about to bring in a bunch of talented players who I want to stay at the club for at least a few seasons (some young ones with high PA’s for as long as possible), but I don’t want them to be sold off from under my nose.

I have already changed the chairman’s interference attribute to 1, and increased his business attribute. Will this in itself (coupled with the club’s ambition and healthy finances) prevent them from selling my promising players behind my back, or should I do the other suggestion and set individual player values to 0/reject all?

Feedback from those with experience with this would be much appreciated.

I have already changed the chairman’s interference attribute to 1, and increased his business attribute. Will this in itself (coupled with the club’s ambition and healthy finances) prevent them from selling my promising players behind my back....?

Feedback from those with experience with this would be much appreciated.

Yes, I believe that with his interference at 1 and no money problems, he should leave you alone.

I think that the strong unhappiness of players who are not allowed to leave already hits a lot their performances, adding the fact they always act like moaning kids renders this a delicate matter to mitigate for sure.

The board must be stopped at any cost, let's give us an option to hire a killer to try to kill the chairman instead.

This might happen also in true life BTW.

Archived