Suggestion: Talk Options for subs coming in

TBH I have lost count of the number of times that Peter Taylor (Wycombe Manager IRL) has done this this season and the sub has made the crucial difference. A small yet good feature that could improve the game even further. I was supprised when it wasn't included when the team talks were introduced TBH. Hopefully it will be implemented into next year's game, it wouldn't take a lot of coding :)

I think I've seen this idea mentioned before, and it's a bloody good idea.

Makes perfect sense to say something to a sub as you bring him on.

"This game is as good as lost, just go out and enjoy yourself" - to a kid who's brought on to replace a star player in the 2nd half

"Just go out there and drop a few hand grenades all over the place, son" - to Kenny Dalglish-type players

"That right winger is destroying us, take him out of the game" - obvious

etc etc :thup:

I was thinking about this yesterday: my experienced striker got injured about 15 minutes into the match, and I chose my 17 yrs old striker as the sub: it was his first professional match, and I would have liked to tell him "no pressure" or "I have faith in your ability" instead of waiting half time.

It’s been brought up ever since the conception of team talks so I’ve no idea why it hasn’t been implemented. Only thing I can think of is SI have tried to add them but haven’t been able to get them working as they like so haven’t included them as of yet.

I've seen this mentioned before aswell and I liked the idea then and I still like it now :thup: I also want to see the addition of being able to cancel a substitution after you have confirmed it on the tactics screen - there have been numerous occasions where I have chose to replace a player for him to go and lay on a beautiful assist or score a crucial goal. :confused:

I think I've seen this idea mentioned before, and it's a bloody good idea.

Makes perfect sense to say something to a sub as you bring him on.

"This game is as good as lost, just go out and enjoy yourself" - to a kid who's brought on to replace a star player in the 2nd half

"Just go out there and drop a few hand grenades all over the place, son" - to Kenny Dalglish-type players

"That right winger is destroying us, take him out of the game" - obvious

etc etc :thup:

About the grenades-thing: That is literally what Kevin Keegan said to Paul Scholes before he came on as a substitute for England about 10 years ago when he got 2 yellow cards in 10 minutes. Or so I've read. Might wanna be careful with using that one :D

Here's one I've heard at least 100 times to on-coming strikers: "Just score a goal lad."

Funniest thing I've ever heard: "**** the entire world, you're officially a Feyenoord-player now." Physio Gerard Meijer to Pattinama when he made his debut for Feyenoord against NAC, replacing Luigi Bruins. (never mind the names, it's the quote that counts ;) )

Funniest thing I've ever heard: "**** the entire world, you're officially a Feyenoord-player now." Physio Gerard Meijer to Pattinama when he made his debut for Feyenoord against NAC, replacing Luigi Bruins. (never mind the names, it's the quote that counts ;) )

He's a great little player. I used to buy him loads in FM08, not really checked him out on FM09 yet. Think i'll have a look when I get home from work. :D

Haha. I've had a season ticket for Feyenoord for about 5 years now. I always like to compare Luigi Bruins with Dimitar Berbatov. He walks around on the pitch as if he's just woken up. You know, like the old guys that jog in the park on sunday mornings. When he steps of the pitch at the end of the game his kit is so clean it's almost like he just came back from the laundry. That's why I always call him Louisa.

To be fair, the lad has great technique. And he can split defenses with his cute little passes in such a stylish manner, even Fabregas could learn a thing or two from him.

Good idea. But keep to simple instructions. Make it too complicated and it will become a bore.

Personally im against this. I got bored just reading this discussion. Imagine how bored i would be if i had to do this 300 times in a season. FM needs less micromanaging and more gameplay IMO.

Remove team talks and everybody will be happy. The damn thing is of no help and you can seriously screw up things by choosing the wrong response. Its like talking to my girlfriend. A perfectly reasonable response will almost always backfire for some unknown reason. I dont need this kind of pressure in a game. I have RL for that kind of "fun".

Archived