The Random Game!

Finally here we are after a lot of messing on, mostly on my laptop’s part (curse you Advent!!). We are finally ready to start The Random Game. Firstly a brief recap of the rules etc. Everyone has a created player with random attributes. The (not so) flawless scoring system will be used to determine a winner a six month intervals. This has changed from the initial idea as now opposed to one huge group there are 2 groups 1 for Midfielders and another for Strikers. This mean that there will be a Random Card game from both groups with the chance to raise your (or lower an opponent’s) attributes. However for each period there will be one overall winner. However this will not be based on the points obtained but rather on some other information which will be randomly picked by me. To make this interesting it will also be left up to fate. A random draw will decide whether or not it is the lowest or the highest placed player who will play this game. The winner of the 3rd game will be the only player who has the choice to raise or lower his (or someone else’s) CA/PA instead of his attributes. However CA/PA will never be revealed until the end or if someone retires.

The Random Card Game Explained

The Random card game involves choosing from two sets of cards which will be randomised every time there is a draw.

The winning user will ask for his screenshot of the attribute block he would like to see. He then announces publicly to the forum which attribute he would like to attempt to increase or reduce.

He will then be offered a choice of two cards to determine whether the attribute will be increased or decreased. These will be decided using a random number generator using the numbers 1 and 2, with 1 representing – and 2 representing +. The user will not see or know where the symbols are until they have chosen the card.

The User will then need to decide by how much the attribute will be altered. This will be decided by choosing 1 of 5 cards. Each of these cards will have a number associated with it, again decided by a random number generator, the User will pick a card and then using FMRTE I will edit the attribute he nominated.

If there is a tie then both of the tied users will choose from the same set of cards. They do not have to pick different cards but the results will not be revealed until both have submitted their choices.

The winner of the third game also gets a chance to play the random card game except they are the only player who has the chance to change the CA/PA of players. For CA and PA the number you draw will be doubled meaning you CA/PA can be raised/lowered by either 2,4,6,8 or 10. This number will never be revealed to anyone.

A few examples

User H wins at Christmas and decides he wants to attempt to raise his Finishing which is 15 (using the screenshot choice to discover this). He draws his first card and unfortunately he draws the minus card. He then has to draw the card with the numbers on it. He draws 4, which takes his Finishing down to 11 and we all laugh at him.

User G then manages to take advantage of this and wins the end of season period. He then decides to try to gain a greater advantage next season and decides User H is his greatest threat. He asks for a screenshot of User H’s Technical attributes and see that User H’s Finishing has risen to 12 after training. He draws first card and receives a plus card. He then has to choose a number card. He draws 4, which takes User H’s Finishing up to 16.

User J then wins the next Christmas period and decides to try to raise his Stamina, which is 16. He receives the plus card and draws the number 5 card. This raises his Stamina to 20. The remaining number is lost

Additional Information

1. There will be deadlines set as to when you must submit your information if you win the right to play the random card game. This deadline will be 3 days. I will PM you after 2days to remind you that you have to submit information. If you miss too many deadlines you will be removed from the sign up. This 3 day deadline is for every choice you need to make. E.g. User A wins and needs to submit his request for screenshot. It takes him 2days to do this. I then post his screenshot and he has a further 3 days to post his attribute choice and play the Random Card Game. If a user is constantly early with requests they will be given more leeway if they ever miss a deadline. The information only needs to be submitted before the deadline, if I am not around when the deadline expires it still counts. If a person goes away on holiday or an extended period then they will be able to play the game when they come back.

2. Abuse of another member will not be tolerated. So what if he has lowered your PA it’s a game. Good natured banter is encouraged.

3. The 3rd Prize draw explained. This came to me when I was typing all this up. The first 3rd Prize game (in game date - 31.12.2008) will be awarded to the person whose team is placed the highest/lowest in the league (to be decided by random choice at time). This is to ensure that the first one wouldn’t be biased towards the player whose wages/value where the highest due to the randomness. However after this is gets interesting as it will be decided more randomly. Each of the 3 winners will then pick something in game of their choice and a random draw will decide which of these will be the next choice. E.g. Users B, C and D all win the prize in December. B picks Value, C picks Wages and D picks goal to game ratio. A random draw is then made and it comes up as Value. This means for the next 3rd prize it will be the person with the highest/lowest Value. You cannot choose something that has been picked for the last two periods. At certain times (I will say when in advance) I will pick the 3rd Prize criteria if I think of one that hasn’t been done before. Also I can override any choice that gives a clear disadvantage to someone.

4. All players have contracts until the 30th of June 2010 (two years)

5. I reserve the right to do whatever I feel like if it will improve the sign up. I will offer serious changes to a vote which I swear on my honour I will abide by.

p.s. Sorry for the wall.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Players

Midfielders

1. Andrew Jackson (Jack Rudd)

2. Robin van der Dutch (PaulHartman)

3. The Survivor (spartans5)

4. The Cow (hasdgfas)

5. Rick Dawson (fdawsoniv)

6. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

7. Morten Lindtner (Mlo)

8. Tom Hamilton (hamilton162)

9. Ace Gardenia (Coldkohmew)

10. Phil Chimpos (Chimpos)

Strikers

1. Jack Browne (jack.browne)

2. Maz Armley (m123...)

3. mikey twigge (mikeytwigge)

4. Loïc Philippens (Whoopy D)

5. Peter Gorgenhorgen (canvey!!)

6. Seamus Canary (Conners)

7. Fernando Aleatorio (corinthiano)

8. Martien Oak (Martien1974)

9. Bryan McGuinness (~Ian~)

10. Vladimir Smicer (Strawberry fields)

There will be an update later tonight for the first period and it could be a close one. There are a lot of interesting side stories and there are several players who are in International sides of varying levels. There is a clear winner for the 3rd prize if it is highest position but the random draw could make it the lowest which could be interesting. :D

Excited to see this start!

Can you provide a list of the teams the players were supposed to start with?

Just loading the game now. Everyone who picked a club is at the one they picked and the people who put random were put at clubs with no other person.

Random Clubs

1. fdawsoniv - Forest Green

2. Coldkohmeh - Greys Athletic

Just loading the game now. Everyone who picked a club is at the one they picked and the people who put random were put at clubs with no other person.

Random Clubs

1. fdawsoniv - Forest Green

2. Coldkohmeh - Greys Athletic

Looking forward to this :-)

Results - Season 1 Period 1 - 31.12.2008

Midfielders

[u]Position[/u]          [u]Name[/u]              [u]Total Points[/u]

1st           The Cow                   69
   2nd           Tom Hamilton              50
   3rd           Jonathan Desmond Tiny     48
   4th           Ace Gardenia              33
   5th           Rick Dawson               32
   6th           The Survivor              28
   7th           Morten Lindtner           26
  =8th           Robin Van Der Dutch[color=black]        0[/color]
  =8th           [color=black]Phil Chimpos               0[/color]
  =8th           [color=black]Andrew Jackson             0[/color]

Excel Sheets

Part 1

Part 2

Strikers

1st           Bryan McGuinness          56
   2nd           Seamus Canary             42
   3rd           Jack Browne               37
   4th           Maz Armley                27
   5th           Martien Oak               17
   6th           Loic Philippens           11
   7th           Fernando Aleatorio        10
  =8th           Mikey Twigge[color=black]               0[/color]
  =8th           Peter Gorgenhorgen[color=black]         0[/color]
  =8th           Vladimir Simcer[color=black]            0[/color]

Excel Sheets

Part 1

Part 2

3rd Prize Draw

As decided before the result will be decided on league positions so here is the Top Ten in descending order.

10th - Seamus Canary - Ebbsfleet - 14th
9th - Rick Dawson - Forest Green - 13th
8th - Andrew Jackson - Stevenage - 12th
7th - Phil Chimpos - Oxford - 11th
6th - Martien Oak - Rushden - 10th
5th - Loic Philippens - Salisbury - 7th
4th - Tom Hamilton - Burton - 6th
=3rd - Morten Lindtner - Mansfield - 5th
=3rd -Robin Van Der Dutch - Mansfield - 5th
=2nd - The Survivor - Torquay 3rd
=2nd - The Cow - Torquay 3rd
1st - Jonathan Desmond Tiny - Macclesfield 18th [u]in League 2[/u]

There you have it. I wasn't expecting anyone to have moved club so Tiny stole it on a technicality.

Results

Both Hasdgfas and ~Ian~ win the first period for their respective position and need to choose which block of attributes to see in a screenshot. (Physical, Mental or Technical)

LLR you need to request your screenshot for your block of attributes as well.

The Deadline for screenshot requests is the 24th of April at 11 p.m. You will not be able to play the Random Number Game though until all of you have requested and recieved your screenshots.

Top of the strikers, what a start. Already in double figures for goals. :D

Since Eastbourne aren't in the top ten for league positions either shows he must be doing well at a struggling club, which may or may not bode well for the rest of the season.

If I could have the Physical screenshot for McGuinness please.

McGuinness Physical Screenshot.

McGuinnessPhysicalscreenie1.jpg

You need to decide which attribute you would like to attempt to raise but remember if you choose the wrong card it could be lowered. You also can go blind and choose another attribute or you can attempt to lower an opponents attributes. You Cannot attempt to raise your CA/PA. You will also not be able play the Random Card Game until the others have replied.

The Cow Mental Screenie

thecowmentalscreenie1.jpg

You need to decide which attribute you would like to attempt to raise but remember if you choose the wrong card it could be lowered. You also can go blind and choose another attribute or you can attempt to lower an opponents attributes. You Cannot attempt to raise your CA/PA. You will also not be able play the Random Card Game until the others have replied.

Can I have the Physical Screenshot for J.D. Tiny please :)

I am happy with third and knowing that I am getting international caps. And to get the highest league position based on being in a better league is awesome :)

Also I notice in the code bit you have Jonathan Tiny listed twice...I think this might be a typo :)

Can I have the Physical Screenshot for J.D. Tiny please :)

I am happy with third and knowing that I am getting international caps. And to get the highest league position based on being in a better league is awesome :)

Also I notice in the code bit you have Jonathan Tiny listed twice...I think this might be a typo :)

It wasn't a typo it was an error in my table making. To keep the coding line up I copied the first table from the test. I then noticed 3 people had 0 points and one of them was Andrew Jackson so I assumed they were all the same. o_O

Screenie coming up.

Tiny Physical Screenie

TinyPysscreenie1.jpg

You need to decide which attribute you would like to attempt to raise but remember if you choose the wrong card it could be lowered. You also can go blind and choose another attribute or you can attempt to lower an opponents attributes. As you are the 3rd Prize winner you can attempt to raise your CA/PA or to lower an opponents but remember this amount will never be revealed until the end and it could go wrong and you could weaken yourself or strenghen an opponent.

The Random Card Game

Here we are the first random card game of the actual sign up. Hasdgfas, ~Ian~ and LLR you all need to choose a card from both Set 1 and 2. ~Ian~ and LLR also still need to choose an attribute to raise. You Can choose the same cards as an another player. The results will not be revealed until all 3 of you have submitted your choices. You also need to give your suggestion for the next 3rd prize draw.

Set 1 (+ or -)

Please choose one of the two following cards.

-----
|     |
|  A  |    =   -
|     |
-----

-----
|     |
|  B  |    =   +
|     |
-----

Set 2 (numbers)

Now to see how much your chosen attributes are raised or lowered. Please pick one of the following cards.

-----
|     |
|  V  |     =  2
|     |
-----

-----
|     |
|  W  |     =  5
|     |
-----

-----
|     |
|  X  |     =  4
|     |
-----

-----
|     |
|  Y  |     =  3
|     |
-----

-----
|     |
|  Z  |     =  1
|     |
-----

Info Tracking

Hasdgfas

Attribute: Composure

Set 1 Card Choice: B

Set 2 Card Choice: W

3rd Prize Idea: Passing %

~Ian~

Attribute: Pace

Set 1 Card Choice: A

Set 2 Card Choice: Y

3rd Prize Idea: Highest shooting Accuracy %

LLR

Attribute: Own CA

Set 2 Card Choice: X

3rd Prize Idea: Club with most goals.

The deadline for your choices is 25th of April at 8:30 a.m. The cards will be revealed as soon as the last person submits their choices (or as soon as I am online after) with the effects being applied straight away.

Phill Chimpos isn't doing to great, 0 games played. Maybe his south american flair is overlooked in the lower leagues, I'll pretend thats what it is...

Great so far, I wonder who's going to get the minuses, I need to laugh at someone to draw attenetion away for my rubbishness ;)

The Cow is an assist machine, good work.

14 assists! Wow!

Actually pleased to have Forest Green. I just looked up their team and town websites as well as a map. It looks like a nice little village, like any of the small towns in my home state. Too many of these places are dying in advanced countries, so I hope this one is doing well. Really, any accomplishments achieved at such a place would be something to be proud of.

I would hope to produce more than 2 goals and 1 assist in 18 appearances. Then again, maybe a bunch of those were subs.

Not doing so well as a striker :(.

Can you do something with your excel sheets? Can you go to cell B4 and enable 'Freeze Panes' (on my Excel it's Window but yours doesn't have that - it could be view or page layout). Then you can show the names with the second page as well (although you may need to resize a few columns to fit it on).

Not doing so well as a striker :(.

Can you do something with your excel sheets? Can you go to cell B4 and enable 'Freeze Panes' (on my Excel it's Window but yours doesn't have that - it could be view or page layout). Then you can show the names with the second page as well (although you may need to resize a few columns to fit it on).

Thanks for that I wasn't aware I could do that. I'll go back and do it for the screenshots. Does it look better?

Random Card Game Results

Hasdgfas

Attribute: Composure

Set 2 Card Choice: W

Result: Composure +5

~Ian~

Attribute: Pace

Set 1 Card Choice: A

Set 2 Card Choice: Y

Result: Pace -3

LLR

Attribute: Own CA

Set 2 Card Choice: X

Result: CA +8 (as CA/PA is doubled)

Screenshots for Hasdgfas and ~Ian~'s changes to follow.

(I did get that wrong in case anyone noticed)

Next 3rd Prize Decider

1. Highest Shooting Accuracy % (I assume this is Shots on target % please correct if I'm wrong)

2. Passing %

3. Most club goals scored

and the winner is ............

Number 1!!

The next 3rd prize draw will be decided by Highest Shooting Accuracy %. For those who feel this is biased towards the Strikers don't dispair as all it takes is one shot on target to win it so its easily winable by any one.

Just to point something out in case anyone was wondering. The scores are cumative for the season so Period 2's results will include the 1sr period's results. The season will end on the 20th June 2009 in game.

Should there be a minimum shots requirement? It's a bit unfair to have someone win by having their only shot of the year be on target vs. someone who's on target, say 90% of the time with 20 shots.

That would have been fairer but I've holidayed to the end already and it doesn't matter there was a clear winner. Update may come tonight not sure yet as I haven't eaten yet.

Results - Season 1 Period 1 - 31.12.2008

Midfielders

1st           The Cow                  112
   2nd           Jonathan Desmond Tiny     90
   3rd           Tom Hamilton              78
   4th           Rick Dawson               60
   5th           Morten Lindtner           54
   6th           The Survivor              52
   7th           Ace Gardenia              39
  =8th           Robin Van Der Dutch[color=black]        0[/color]
  =8th           [color=black]Phil Chimpos               0[/color]
  =8th           [color=black]Andrew Jackson             0[/color]

Excel Sheets

Part 1

Part 2

Strikers

1st           Bryan McGuinness          91
   2nd           Seamus Canary             78
   3rd           Jack Browne               48
   4th           Maz Armley                42
   5th           Martien Oak               25
   6th           Loic Philippens           14
   7th           Fernando Aleatorio        12
  =8th           Mikey Twigge[color=black]               0[/color]
  =8th           Peter Gorgenhorgen[color=black]         0[/color]
  =8th           Vladimir Simcer[color=black]            0[/color]

Excel Sheets

Part 1

Part 2

3rd Prize Draw

As picked from the options the winners gave this Periods 3rd prize draw will be based on the Shot Accuracy %. Here in descending order is the list.

8th - Fernando Aleatorio - 28% 
7th - Jack Browne - 30%
=6th - The Cow - 31%
=6th - The Survivor - 31%
5th - Ace Gardenia - 35%
=4th - Tom Hamilton - 36%
=4th - Jonathan Desmond Tiny - 36%
=3rd - Morten Lindtner - 45%
=3rd - Seamus Canary - 45%
2nd - Rick Dawson - 46%
1st - Bryan McGuinness - 56%

McGuinness managed to get over half of his shots on target this year and deserves his prize to be fair. If it had been one of the other two options put forward The Cow would have won either of them but The Survivor would have also shared the prize for most club goals scored. But fates a b***h and McGuinness got it.

Results

Again it Hasdgfas and ~Ian~ who have won the prizes again this time. Hasdgfas can request one screenshot and increase his (or lower an opponents) attributes. ~Ian~ needs to request a screenshot and gets the chance to raise his (or lower someone else) CA/PA as well.

Small notice

I messed the scoring system up for Strikers last time. From the next season on Assists will recieve 4 points and up for other comps.

The Deadline for screenshot requests is the 25th of April at 11 p.m. You will not be able to play the Random Number Game though until both of you have requested and recieved your screenshots.

Archived