Games on the last day of the season.

Why aren't these played simultaneously, like in real life? Often you will need a certain result, and in real life, you will know what's going on in the other games but in FM, you have to wait until your game has finished. Or am I the only one who this annoys?

I've usually won the title by then so it doesn't bother me. No only joking I think it would be more realistic if they were played simultaneously because then it would be more realistic but it won't stop me playing the game or anything.

Originally posted by brianb:

Why aren't these played simultaneously, like in real life? Often you will need a certain result, and in real life, you will know what's going on in the other games but in FM, you have to wait until your game has finished. Or am I the only one who this annoys?

They are played simultaneously, so I assume you mean you'd like to be kept updated on the "latest scores" screen?

I've always found them to be played simultaneously. You can look at the "latest scores" screen to see them updated. If I'm wrong, I've never noticed it on FM08. Once, on FM07, I had my final game of the season played the Wednesday before FA cup day due to fixture congestion, but it was a nothing game as I'd tied up the league before the end of April.

You can also watch the league table update if you are monitoring more than one team.

Do you have a screenie showing the different KO times on this day? If so I'd suggest you mention it in the bugs forum.

Is the latest score option still working in FM08. I looked at it a couple of times and found that the other teams were showing 'kick off' against their fixtures, with the time as the same as my match kick off time.

Is it due to the settings selected or is it different for certain fixtures?

Originally posted by polegategavin:

Is the latest score option still working in FM08. I looked at it a couple of times and found that the other teams were showing 'kick off' against their fixtures, with the time as the same as my match kick off time.

Is it due to the settings selected or is it different for certain fixtures?

You may need to change processing speed from fastest to faster in the preferences menu (or change the detail levels), depending on your computer specs and the options you've selected the game won't always play all the games at the same time, to keep the game running smoothly.

Originally posted by brianb:

i thought they wer played simultaneouslybut in real life if you were a manager you would only hear the result by word or if you were listening to it like most people wouldnt do as a manager Eg, rangers needed dundee utd to beat celtic to win the league and the players wouldn't know the score or the manager unless someone told him in the real world you can't just click a mouse and get latest scores

I do recall watching that said celtic game and they had a laptop so i think they could find out with a few clicks of the mouse - it might not be instantly updated like on FM but they can do it

I've always thought that the comments should be much more dynamic in the last games of the season.

The comments should mention that your team needs to win by a particular number of goals, or tell you that the other team challenging for the title scored.

Originally posted by Jedaye:

I do recall watching that said celtic game and they had a laptop so i think they could find out with a few clicks of the mouse - it might not be instantly updated like on FM but they can do it

most teams choose not to find out the scores till after the game.. celtic did say they weren't going to find out the score and i didnt watch it as im a rangers fan so i have seen it but i didnt see anyone in rangers dugout with anything to find out the score

I have a question about kick-off times. What is happening is that league cup ties (all fixed for the same time) were being played at different times i.e. my game was in extra time but most games were just at 'kick-off'. I had been in my preferences and was wondering had I accidently changed something. But I did change from 'faster' to 'fastest' not knowing this made a difference to match-day. So is this what has caused the kick-off diffences? Because I find it slower now as my game is finished,I have to wait for all the other games to process, and is it not surely quicker playing them all at one time? Any help appreciated.

players wouldn't know the score or the manager unless someone told him in the real world you can't just click a mouse and get latest scores

sky sports news, bbc sport. all pretty quick, and they could have a telly down there, or a radio. and half time announcers (thats only half time though)

i have the same problem where it doesnt update till about the 80 minute, alwasy celebrating then its 3-0 to my rival all of a sudden, ill have to try changing some settings.

I had been in my preferences and was wondering had I accidently changed something. But I did change from 'faster' to 'fastest' not knowing this made a difference to match-day. So is this what has caused the kick-off diffences?

I'm almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here, but in preferences one option is to tick the kick-off times for games on TV. I'm wondering if this has confused matters.

Archived