Obi Mikel on CM 03/04 (did the researcher use a time machine?)

Although this doesn't really (or even partially) relate to FM09 but nonetheless, I went back to playing the wonderful cm 03/04 recently and noticed that at the start of the game Chelsea have a player in their youth team called John Obi Mikel from Nigeria who has no previous history but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be the same guy. I know there was some issues with his transfer to Chelsea in the first place but still, he wasn't anywhere near the club in 2003 was he? He was only like 15 then anyway...how weird.

It seems to me that researchers do a great job and tend to get a lot of upcoming players right. I remember the original cm in 1992/93 and a certain young striker named Alessandro Del Piero, he turned out to be 'ok'. I've played every carnation of cm/fm and have seen a lot of young players IRL fulifilling their 'FM' potential.

It seems to me that researchers do a great job and tend to get a lot of upcoming players right. I remember the original cm in 1992/93 and a certain young striker named Alessandro Del Piero, he turned out to be 'ok'. I've played every carnation of cm/fm and have seen a lot of young players IRL fulifilling their 'FM' potential.

Very True.

Aguero, Saviola being recent one's that i can remember off the top of my head.

Signed both as 16/17 year olds and they were quality!

That's cos Del Piero was already an established or semi-established player for Juventus. Other players Like Totti and Tachinardi were youngsters I "discovered" on CM Italia 93. Both went on to be very successful IRL. Also found a young Pisa player called Antonio Vitiello, who was amazing in the game but didnt hear anythign about him IRL.

That's cos Del Piero was already an established or semi-established player for Juventus. Other players Like Totti and Tachinardi were youngsters I "discovered" on CM Italia 93. Both went on to be very successful IRL. Also found a young Pisa player called Antonio Vitiello, who was amazing in the game but didnt hear anythign about him IRL.

Yeah he was just breaking into the team in 93/94 so it still would of been a good pick from the researchers.

Del Piero wasn't an established player on the first cm. He had only just signed from Padova and hadn't played a single game for Juve. When he did play for Juve the following season he only made 11 league apps, so for the researchers to correctly get his potential right was very good.

Del Piero wasn't an established player on the first cm. He had only just signed from Padova and hadn't played a single game for Juve. When he did play for Juve the following season he only made 11 league apps, so for the researchers to correctly get his potential right was very good.

Del Piero wasn't on the first CM. CM 1 only had regens. CM 93/94, a seasonal update a year later, had real players in which he may have appeared on the "foreign" transfer list. IF the researchers had spotted him - this would have been good research, I can't say off the top of my head though it's been years since i played CM93, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't. In CM93/94 Italia he was at Juve and had already been touted around as a top class young player.

mikel did a lot of training with chelski, not on trial as such but whenever he had time he was at stamford bridge training with them.

wether he had the blessing of the lyn management or not i dont know but thats why chelsea kicked up a stink when he joined utd....well initially anyway

Evandro Roncatoo was amazing in FM 2005, now he's in Belenenses and doesn't get many goals. He didn't fulfill his FM potential >_>

i remember this guy i always used to sign him at the start of the for about 2mill iirc. always managed to sign him in league 1 (i used give my-self 3-4mill for transfers:D)

anyway he was quality banged in goal left right and centre for me

Archived