Cup finals-Neutral venue advantage for team listed 1st?

If your a top team and playing another top team you usually control more possession and shots ,control the game etc if your the home team.

Just going back over all the seasons and looking at cup final neutral venue results between myself as man united and barcelona vs real and arsenal/liverpool/chelsea. When the final was listed as Barcelona vs Real Madrid i won most of the time, had much more shots and generally controlled the game, same with United.

When it was listed with the computer controlled team 1st it was the reverse, they controlled the game and won.

Just curious if anyone else ever noticed this when playing cup finals that they lost more when listed in the away teams place.

Yes i know this is random sorry

I make this point all the time

"Why is it that although most finals are played on a neutral ground, it seems that the match is still being played as if the team that are scheduled to be playin as the 'home' team play as if they are at their own ground and possestion seems swayed to them and also you need to counter attack to win just like playing away.

I had the same problem in 08 and im suprised it hasnt been fixed."

I've never noticed it with regards to the outcome, though in one aspect, I have seen the "home" team if you like, perhaps being more adventurous tactically on occasions than they might normally be, although that could just be because it's the cup final.

Woo... I love a good conspiricy theory. Where's Mulder & Scully when you want them ;)

I've also noticed it. Also, in previous FM's it always bugged me that the crowd reacts like it's the home crowd for the first listed team. Extremely annoying and further enhances the feeling it's a home team vs away team game. I haven't payed attention to it yet in FM 09 though.

Archived