New Rui Costa

his name is Hernanes and is better

IMO Hernanes is the single most overated player on FM09, yes he has two feet, but my god after watching him struggle in my Ath. Madrid team for a season I ditched him.

I have a successful team and he simply could/would not fit in.

Hernanes is a quality player - you have to bear in my mind he is two-footed making his stats look poor relative to other players.

2846331350062691688RXmore_fs.jpg

On my game he has a PA of

He is fairly versatile too in that he can play deep if you need him to rather than just attacking, in my second season he is worth £10M so maybe £20M+ would get him.

firstly who is WHs?

Secondly, is there anyone who plays similar like this who i could sign 4 a league 1 team? (obviously not the talent of the names above)

1. Not sure if you're being serious there but that made me laugh (WHS=what he said)

2. Sorry I'm not much of a lower league player.

general: I agree that it's got to be Hernanes

As a Proud Portuguese and Benfica Nut I can honestly say there is none like "God" himself!! in FM or In real life Rui is unique!!

Have traned up Ruben Micael, through Pablo Aimar and he is showing promise!! and looks like he may join Benfica this summer as well!!, shame he scored a screamer against us this week end!!

As a Proud Portuguese and Benfica Nut I can honestly say there is none like "God" himself!! in FM or In real life Rui is unique!!

I'm not a Benfica fan but I totally agree with you, Rui Costa was truly a unique player, plus his love for Benfica (although I don't agree with it :p) is truly admirable.

Imo there is no next Rui Costa, Zidane, Maradona, etc. there will be great or even better players along the way but nobody will replace them.

Moutinho is probably one of the very best young CMs on the game but I think he isn't attacking enough to be 'the new Rui Costa'. If you want a big name, Deigo or Sneijder. If you want someone younger Kroos or ideally Pjanic. I would have an outside bet on Wilshere though, usually develops into a class player.

Archived