Steve Cox

9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

774 posts in this topic

[quote name='hullcitytigers']I'm experiencing a crash dump when I try and start a new game under the patch. As well as fm.exe corrupt file and an XML parsing error that states not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml. Didn't have any problems before I've installed this patch. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the problem is here.

Can you try deleting your Cache files and running the game again.

Was the patch Successful?

Your cache files should be here:

[quote]Q - How do I delete my cache files?
A - This has changed slightly from Football Manager 2008. For Football Manager 2009 please use the following instructions:

Windows XP:
1. Open “My Computer”
2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.
5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.
6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX
1. Open Finder.
2. Select <User>
3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.
5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"
6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.[/quote]

[quote name='irons_4_ever']can i just add the specs for the game are so wrong my laptop doesnt really get near the requirments needed, yet i can use all the features on the game[/QUOTE]

We've been working on updating compatability.

Glad it's working well for you.

When i go to download it on bittorrent i have the option of "save" and "open" , which one do i choose ?

patched from Steam and game crashes. It says something about the wsm.exe not working or something like that.

thanks...dcc

[quote name='BrianQuinn']When i go to download it on bittorrent i have the option of "save" and "open" , which one do i choose ?[/quote]

Save it to your desktop.

[quote name='Steve Cox']You should be able to turn off automatic updates or switch on offline mode to stop it from doing this.[/QUOTE]

"this game is not ready to be played in offline mode"

:thdn:

[quote name='HuwFlet']Launch Steam, Goto my games right click on Fm 2009, select properties, updates and select dont update. you should be able to launch as normal[/QUOTE]

Iv done that but when I launch game, it tries to update them and doesnt let me play it

Help! I downloaded the patch, no problem. I install to the same folder where I installed patch 9.1 og and 9.2.

But when I start a new game, I can't select the 9.3.0 database.

9.3.0 seems to have made all my text fuzzy/distorted? [url=http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/kadafi_/Lyon%20FM09/Screenshot%20Requests/Fuzzy.jpg][B]Text Fuzzy[/B][/url]

Was fine on 9.1.0 and 9.2.0.

[quote name='HoPeY']9.3.0 seems to have made all my text fuzzy/distorted? [URL="http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/kadafi_/Lyon%20FM09/Screenshot%20Requests/Fuzzy.jpg"][B]Text Fuzzy[/B][/URL]

Was fine on 9.1.0 and 9.2.0.[/quote]

Try minimizing to task bar and bringing back up again? Works for me :thup:

[quote name='HuwFlet']Try minimizing to task bar and bringing back up again? Works for me :thup:[/QUOTE]

Still the same, also reloaded and restarted. :(

[quote name='HoPeY']Still the same, also reloaded and restarted. :([/quote]

Well I did think it was rather obivous tbh. Are you on xp or vista?

Hi, I've just downloaded the patch. And I installed it, but couldn't play itj through steam, becouse it said that I needed to activate it. So I entered the serial number. But got following message:

This key is allready active, please go to bla bla to get a new key.

So I unstalled the game, installed it without STEAM, but got the same soft anchor problem again.

Please help me :)

I've tried to find some info about this bug and the 9.0.3 but I did not find any !

My question: Does the 9.0.3 solve the network score change bug between MAC and Windows computers online ?

[quote name='irons_4_ever'][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4199/fmerror.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

I know its obvious but have you tried rebooting? Should free up any processes that are stuck in task manager?

Restart computer and try again, it thinks the file is still in use.

irons 4 ever - press CTRL+ALT+DEL and goto task manger-->processes and find fm.exe, end task and try again.

[quote name='HuwFlet']Well I did think it was rather obivous tbh. Are you on xp or vista?[/QUOTE]

XP, old school is where its at. :p

[quote name='HoPeY']XP, old school is where its at. :p[/quote]

Vista is where its at;)

Are your buttons slightly ofset as well? I have no idea whats causing it but im trying to establish if its the same as I get occasionally on vista.

[quote name='irons_4_ever']nah its saying its being used but it isnt[/quote]

It still sometimes shows in the task manager under processes, otherwise, do as the other guys have said and reboot.

[quote name='still_allan']Iv done that but when I launch game, it tries to update them and doesnt let me play it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='still_allan']"this game is not ready to be played in offline mode"

:thdn:[/QUOTE]

can anyone help???

[quote name='HuwFlet']Are your buttons slightly ofset as well? I have no idea whats causing it but im trying to establish if its the same as I get occasionally on vista.[/QUOTE]

Which buttons are you referring too? Not noticed any off set buttons though.

When I have that problem I find that I have to click slightly under all the buttons to get a response out of them. Its really hard to explain and makes me sounds very crazy:confused:

[quote name='HuwFlet']When I have that problem I find that I have to click slightly under all the buttons to get a response out of them. Its really hard to explain and makes me sounds very crazy:confused:[/QUOTE]

I get what you mean (I think) no I don't have that problem, I just have fuzzy text. On some of them it’s so bad, can barely make out the word.

I thought my eyes had gone when I first loaded up FM with the new patch. I than thought, I hope it’s not just a giant smudge on my monitor. :D

[quote name='HoPeY']I get what you mean (I think) no I don't have that problem, I just have fuzzy text. On some of them it’s so bad, can barely make out the word.

I thought my eyes had gone when I first loaded up FM with the new patch. I than thought, I hope it’s not just a giant smudge on my monitor. :D[/quote]

No its not the same problem cause my text is only slightly fuzzy. Have you tried changing your screen res and dpi settings?

We know what microsoft can be like sometimes!

Is your direct x up to date?

[quote name='Gengis']I've tried to find some info about this bug and the 9.0.3 but I did not find any !

My question: Does the 9.0.3 solve the network score change bug between MAC and Windows computers online ?

I would like to know about this too

[quote name='Neji']It still sometimes shows in the task manager under processes, otherwise, do as the other guys have said and reboot.[/QUOTE]

rebooted i dunno how to see what i have running as ctr alt del dont work on my laptop it logs me out if i do that lol

[quote name='HuwFlet']No its not the same problem cause my text is only slightly fuzzy. Have you tried changing your screen res and dpi settings?[/QUOTE]

Yep, tried full screen and different resolutions, still fuzzy. It seems to be alright on the left hand side of the main screen, but when I go into the settings its all quite fuzzy. :(

[quote name='HuwFlet']We know what microsoft can be like sometimes!

Is your direct x up to date?[/QUOTE]

Yes, direct x is update, as is graphic card drivers, net framework etc...

[quote name='Feltus']Hi, I've just downloaded the patch. And I installed it, but couldn't play itj through steam, becouse it said that I needed to activate it. So I entered the serial number. But got following message:

This key is allready active, please go to bla bla to get a new key.

So I unstalled the game, installed it without STEAM, but got the same soft anchor problem again.

Please help me :)[/QUOTE]

Anybody who could help me?

[quote name='HoPeY']Yep, tried full screen and different resolutions, still fuzzy. It seems to be alright on the left hand side of the main screen, but when I go into the settings its all quite fuzzy. :(

Yes, direct x is update, as is graphic card drivers, net framework etc...[/quote]

Afraid Im all out of ideas, I havent seen in reported anywhere else (YET) so its difficult to say what causing it and Ive drained my ideas for the moment :(

If I have any brain waves I'll pm you HoPeY:thup:

Feltus try the known issues thread im sure thats been covered in that one

Iv been trying for a while now using bit-torrent and when i click save to desktop the file is just a blank white sheet and doesnt open , any help ?
Cheers

[quote name='HuwFlet']Afraid Im all out of ideas, I havent seen in reported anywhere else (YET) so its difficult to say what causing it and Ive drained my ideas for the moment :(

If I have any brain waves I'll pm you HoPeY:thup:[/QUOTE]

Sucks to be me. :(

[quote name='irons_4_ever']might ad still the same problem[/QUOTE]

[quote name='irons_4_ever']rebooted i dunno how to see what i have running as ctr alt del dont work on my laptop it logs me out if i do that lol[/QUOTE]

please help doing me nut in:mad:

[quote name='irons_4_ever']please help doing me nut in:mad:[/quote]

How did you activate your game?

[quote name='still_allan']can anyone help me no[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that the game has already started it's upgrade so is unable to run until the update is complete.

chris can ya help me i have done everything people have said and still the same error, i havent had a problem befor with patch 1.0 or 2.0 just this one

Its not doing anything for me. I downloaded it and when i double click on "FM2009_v9.3.0_patch_installer" It just opens up a black box and then nothing else happens. Anybody else had this happen?

When download from rapidshare.de, it says that is downloaded, but isnt.

[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/202931948/fm2009_930-pc.rar[/url]

Here is rapidshare.com link

My games now completely knackered I'm afraid :(. It was fine before installing 9.3.0 patch, fully uninstalled/reinstalled the game but it just won't work, I get a crash dump when trying to start a new game and none of my games at all will load! Can't believe it.

[quote name='Barnsleyfc4life']My FM Is downloaded, will this patch work on it?[/quote]

You mean the full game? Did you download it from Steam?

[quote name='hullcitytigers']My games now completely knackered I'm afraid :(. It was fine before installing 9.3.0 patch, fully uninstalled/reinstalled the game but it just won't work, I get a crash dump when trying to start a new game and none of my games at all will load! Can't believe it.[/QUOTE]

What .net framework are you running?

[quote name='HoPeY']What .net framework are you running?[/QUOTE]

3.5 I believe.