The National Team club challenge

For the lack of a better name for this challenge, the subject is not telling much other than it has to do with national teams to do, but that is only half the truth! This challenge is something I thouhgt up in my bored spare time.

How to get started:

*Take over a club in any league of preference (any club in any league). Do not take over a national team.

As a tip of the trade I would say taking over a team with a lot of players from one nation or a lot of transfer money would be a good start, but if not you will just give yourself more of a challenge. It is up to you.

What is your goals?

Firstly the whole point og this challenge is to start making your club focus on players from one nation, preferably national team players to make it easier to archieve the hardest goals of this challenge

Goal 1 (easy): Have at least 4 players from one nation that plays for the national team of that nation.

Goal 2 (medium): Have at least 10 players from one nation that plays for the national team of that nation.

Goal 3 (hard): Win three trophies in one year with a first team that consists of 80% people from your nation of choice.

Goal 4 (insane): Without in any way controlling the national team of your nation of choice have 11 of your players playing in the same national team match.

Goal 5 (godlike/lucklike): Win three trophies in one year with 90% of your first squad being from your nation of choice and having that nation winning every national team match that year with atleast 6 of your players playing in every game.

Ok so I have not played through this myself yet even, but im working on it to see if it is even possible, but I reckon it should be unless AI national managers dont like to take too much players from one team.

The easiest way to start this of seems to me to pick Arsenal. And either go for French or Spanish as the nation of choice.

Spain is good because of a lot of young players with extreme skills. Beside if you start with Arsenal you have Fabregas, can buy Silva and Villa the first season and have a good start already there.

If you go for a French solution Arsenal is just as good. Buy players as Lloris, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Sakho, Saivet, Acapandie and so on.

Looking forward to hear if anyone is interested in trying this and how it goes for you that tries. Just ask if theres any holes or unclear stuff in my post.

• 1 month later...

Good Challenge. In regards to the 5th tier, I've actually done that. In FM06 I was Arsenal and England manager, and 19 of my players were in the England squad, where I got the media message of "Manager favors own players" or however it was. I won the World Cup with England, and in the Final, the starting 11 were entirely made up of my players. :cool:

i agree, it's a good challenge. i must admit, i looked at the thread name and thought it'd be rubbish, but i'm pleasantly surprised!! :D

might think about giving this one a go actually after my weekend break...

Its a good idea but there are a few teams that would make this really easy (assuming you make your club side good). For example FC Vaduz (Liechtenstein), San Marino, DPMM (Brunei), and perhaps Toronto, Wellington and the Welsh sides in English leagues would all be stashed with national team players making it a bit simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this was awful. I signed a few Icelandic players for Bolton: Teddy Bjarnason from Lyn, Birkir Bjarnason from Viking and Eggert Jonsson from Hearts, played them all along with Steinsson and Helguson: we got thrashed 6-0 in our first match in the league and I immediately lost all hope and gave up.

Archived