Razor Tactic: a very consistent diamond tactic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eek: Just to know, what team are you playing?

Cologne in 2nd season. 1st season finished as 13th with knap's tactics, that's ok but nothing special. Now I have bought some very talented players though, Bojan, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Buonanotte, Joe Hart, Lewandowski as example. Everything new, still no blending. That's why I'm wondering your tactics are working that good. Played 11 games, won 10, lost 1. The one which I've lost was very unlucky though, we had 14 shots compared to their 5. But after that game It never happened again :)

Cologne in 2nd season. 1st season finished as 13th with knap's tactics, that's ok but nothing special. Now I have bought some very talented players though, Bojan, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Buonanotte, Joe Hart, Lewandowski as example. Everything new, still no blending. That's why I'm wondering your tactics are working that good. Played 11 games, won 10, lost 1. The one which I've lost was very unlucky though, we had 14 shots compared to their 5. But after that game It never happened again :)

Impressive record, well done.

yeah 1.0 against motherwell and 1.1 against rangers next game was 0-0 at home against st mirren using 1.0

I think that this should have something to do with your players, try to tweak tempo, def line and width (try to go wider if you're playing home and can't create chances with higher tempo)

Try to lower tempo in away matches.

Could you post your team?

right i switched over to my man city save game after having a good run with hudderfield.

first game was in europe and i beat basel 2-0 very convincingly

second game against liverpool at anfield i've made a change cos i don't have any great attcking mid so i have moved the attacking mid to a mid slot and put an arrow forward.

i'm winning 3-0 at halftime they've had one shot and it was off target i've had 5 and scored 3 very happy

the game finished 3-0 to me with liverpool having at second half to be fair they had 4 CCC to my 2 CCC they also had 11 shots overall with 3 on target and 8 off i ended up having 7 shots with just the 3 on target

very happy with this tactic so far i must say i have a young but good goalkeeper in sergio asenjo and my back four are faubert leggrottaglie richards armand so no superstars but still 2 clean sheets.

best tactic i've used in 09 so far easily

I think that this should have something to do with your players, try to tweak tempo, def line and width (try to go wider if you're playing home and can't create chances with higher tempo)

Try to lower tempo in away matches.

Could you post your team?

Starting 11

GK - S Jahic

DR - R Neilson

DC - C Berra

DC - A Rajcevic

DL - L Wallace

DM - A Grauss

RM - L Kingston

LM - M Viler

AM - Z Pavlovic

ST - D Volas

ST - C Nade

right i switched over to my man city save game after having a good run with hudderfield.

first game was in europe and i beat basel 2-0 very convincingly

second game against liverpool at anfield i've made a change cos i don't have any great attcking mid so i have moved the attacking mid to a mid slot and put an arrow forward.

i'm winning 3-0 at halftime they've had one shot and it was off target i've had 5 and scored 3 very happy

the game finished 3-0 to me with liverpool having at second half to be fair they had 4 CCC to my 2 CCC they also had 11 shots overall with 3 on target and 8 off i ended up having 7 shots with just the 3 on target

very happy with this tactic so far i must say i have a young but good goalkeeper in sergio asenjo and my back four are faubert leggrottaglie richards armand so no superstars but still 2 clean sheets.

best tactic i've used in 09 so far easily

Well man, I'm glad about your results, to be honest I never had a defense so strong like yours I won the Champions with Plymouth in my third year with these back four: Jorge Ribeiro, Jordan Loties, S. Ignashevich and Stephen Kelly...:D

Keep up the good work!

Starting 11

GK - S Jahic

DR - R Neilson

DC - C Berra

DC - A Rajcevic

DL - L Wallace

DM - A Grauss

RM - L Kingston

LM - M Viler

AM - Z Pavlovic

ST - D Volas

ST - C Nade

Ok I saw I inspired you quite well :thup:, your major problem could be Nadè, absolutely unable to score!!

Also Kingston doesn't convince me too much.

Try to find a better poacher, meanwhile try with the tweaks I suggested you before.

Which training schedules are you using higgins?

I use my own training regime, I did 5 schedules: Wingers, Midfielder, Strikers, Defenders and Gk.

Nothing so impressive but works well for me, I try not to push my players too hard with strength and aerobics (first notch of medium), to avoid too many injuries.

I use my own training regime, I did 5 schedules: Wingers, Midfielder, Strikers, Defenders and Gk.

Nothing so impressive but works well for me, I try not to push my players too hard with strength and aerobics (first notch of medium), to avoid too many injuries.

Can you upload them mate? I choke on injuries at the moment :(

Playing Leeds in the Prem, was 6th in league so not doing to badly but thought id give your tactics a go. first game againts current champions and top pf the league Man City - lost 3-1 at home but the have a team basically with world class players in every position.

Second game, away FA cup tie against a Burnely side 20th in the Championship. 9-0 win! Ok against a struggling side from a division, but still an excellent result. Looks promising....

Playing Leeds in the Prem, was 6th in league so not doing to badly but thought id give your tactics a go. first game againts current champions and top pf the league Man City - lost 3-1 at home but the have a team basically with world class players in every position.

Second game, away FA cup tie against a Burnely side 20th in the Championship. 9-0 win! Ok against a struggling side from a division, but still an excellent result. Looks promising....

Remember when you play vs a better side also if you're playing a home match you should use version 1.1.

picture's of my latest game against liverpool in the league cup final

match ratings http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchratings.jpg

match screen http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchscreen.jpg

Match stats http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchstats1.jpg

i used tactic 1.1 after going a goal down and it worked wonders for me

picture's of my latest game against liverpool in the league cup final

match ratings http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchratings.jpg

match screen http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchscreen.jpg

Match stats http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/matchstats1.jpg

i used tactic 1.1 after going a goal down and it worked wonders for me

Chapeau Mr. Hough, I think you read the game well and you were able to do the right change at the right time, exactly what I'd have done!

Congrats, this 2 tactics if used in the right manner can make you win a lot.

I won everything with them, starting with a championship side, sometimes you just have to do the right choice! ;)

Congrats, again.

Can you upload them mate? I choke on injuries at the moment :(

Now my training regime is available on my blog, but to be honest injuries are an issue for me too. :mad:

I always try to have a large squad to be able to rotate them heavily.

Good Luck!

Had some good results with your tactics so far higgins with my villa game.

Rosenborg H W 5-1 Euro Vase

Rosenborg A D 2-2 Euro Vase

Bangor City H W 5-0 Euro Cup

Newcastle A L 0-2 Prem

Wigan A D 2-2 Euro Cup

Bangor City A W 9-0 Euro Cup

Middlesborough H W 3-1 Prem

Will keep you updated. On 1.0 i've moved the amc back to mc with FWR as often. Noticed the same trick wasn't working with 1.1 so the amc is still there. Will keep you informed on how I do.

Great tactic!!!!! My first 9.9 with a player in this game!!!! Three games, two wins, one draw.

inter 0 - juve 0 (away)

inter 3 - lecce 1 ( home)

inter 6 - genoa 1 (home) Ibrahimovic scored 5 times.

Thanks mate!!!!

So tempo and time wasting are both controlling the game? If faster tempo and/or slower time wasting, you create more chances but they are not clear chances...if you are already controlling the game, then slower the tempo and/or add time wasting to create clean chances?

If you are being under-attacked, then increase tempo? Is it the idea? Can you give more idea such as:

1) If we are controlling, but not hitting the goal?

2) If we are controlling, but the AI countered us and scored 1 or 2 goals...

3) If we are completely under attack, AI have 5+ sot, whereas we have none

4) 50/50 game

Going to try this tactic with my Newcastle team tommorow, to tired now..

I am in my 5th season with Newcastle, with no trophies, need a lift, been beaten in 2 fa.cup finals.. if this tactic gets me the trophy me and my club need then i would happily kiss the ground you walk on

Hi,

I would just like to add that if you don't ticked the targetman box, the supply to targetman do not work and the people in the list of targetman do not act as targetman.

This has been tested by Cleon and if I remembered correctly, was mentioned by SI too.

You might think that it works, maybe because you are a little biased towards it, so whenever the ball is hit to him, you think "there, its working!"

Anyway, good job on a tactic that is working for people. The game and this forum deserves more credit.

So tempo and time wasting are both controlling the game? If faster tempo and/or slower time wasting, you create more chances but they are not clear chances...if you are already controlling the game, then slower the tempo and/or add time wasting to create clean chances?

If you are being under-attacked, then increase tempo? Is it the idea? Can you give more idea such as:

1) If we are controlling, but not hitting the goal?

2) If we are controlling, but the AI countered us and scored 1 or 2 goals...

3) If we are completely under attack, AI have 5+ sot, whereas we have none

4) 50/50 game

Well, honestly I'm used to look at the highlights (extended versions) and then I react if something is going wrong, but I don't have a so detailed group of preset reactions.

What I can say here is that with this tactic the main areas I tweak (if needed!) are tempo, defensive line and sometimes, width (I go wider when I'm favourite in home matches and can't create chances, I don't touch Width in away matches).

You could also try to leave unticked counterattacking box if you prefer a more reasoned build up of your play, this could be useful sometimes.

From my personal experience if you control a game and create chances but you don't score you can only do 2 things: slow down your tempo to create more clear chances otherwise you may think to brig in some new attackers (pay attention to their composure stats, I never had a striker with less than 12 in this stat).

Hi,

I would just like to add that if you don't ticked the targetman box, the supply to targetman do not work and the people in the list of targetman do not act as targetman.

This has been tested by Cleon and if I remembered correctly, was mentioned by SI too.

You might think that it works, maybe because you are a little biased towards it, so whenever the ball is hit to him, you think "there, its working!"

Anyway, good job on a tactic that is working for people. The game and this forum deserves more credit.

This has been a debated question sir, I can see that doing this my "ghost" target man is more involved in the match and very often my Gk looks for him with his long kicks, often creating a scoring opportunity. ;)

Hi Higgins

Do you use the tactic with new patch??

THX

Are you struggling to build a solid tactic?

I've built a tactic, or better 2 tactics based on a 4 4 2 diamond that have been very successful for me.

One is more offensive, the other one is more balanced.

I used them with Plymouth and Dundee United.

Some achievements I reached:

Plymouth: I won the treble with Plymouth ( premiership, champions league, fa cup) in my third year with them.:eek:

Dundee United: won scottish premiership two times in my first two years plus two league cup and a scottish cup.

In my second year I lost in the champions cup semifinals to Real Madrid.

I'm not saying to you this is a super tactic, but if you use it in the right manner with the right players (however you don't need a team full of world class players, cause such players are not going to come to Plymouth or Dundee United! :D) you could reach some achievements.

If you like to download them or read some info about how to use them you need to go to my blog:

The way I play

If you have some comments or some questions, you could leave them on my blog.

You could also leave your comments in this thread but I'm not here so often so you'll need to wait some days for an answer.

Hi Higgins,

Looks like your a busy guy now huh?! A victim of your own success - very well done to you sir!

I started using this as Blackburn, my first season - and my team are slowly getting used to the tactic - mixed results so far. But I have got in new players and it's not a typical blackburn formation.

My team is:

GK: Robinson

DR: Zebina

DC: Sambe

DC: Nelsen

DL: Warnock

DMC: Radoi

MR: Belluschi

ML: Gamst Pedersen

AMC: Dunn

FC®: Santa Cruz

FC(l): Kerrison

So, a pretty strong first 11 with decent backup too - so hopefully it'll start to work soon. I must admin I never tweaked in the 5 games i've played so far - I need to realise when to tweak the width, d line & tempo.

I have a quick question - for clarity really... forgive me, it HAS been asked above, but I suspect many others are a bit unclear...

For the home tactic - we don't drag a target man into the 'Target Man' list?

For the away tactic - we do drag a target man into the 'Target Man' list?

Congrats on a successful tactic, I hope me and others can help develop it further - as well as boosting your ego! :-D

Hi Higgins,

Looks like your a busy guy now huh?! A victim of your own success - very well done to you sir!

I started using this as Blackburn, my first season - and my team are slowly getting used to the tactic - mixed results so far. But I have got in new players and it's not a typical blackburn formation.

My team is:

GK: Robinson

DR: Zebina

DC: Sambe

DC: Nelsen

DL: Warnock

DMC: Radoi

MR: Belluschi

ML: Gamst Pedersen

AMC: Dunn

FC®: Santa Cruz

FC(l): Kerrison

So, a pretty strong first 11 with decent backup too - so hopefully it'll start to work soon. I must admin I never tweaked in the 5 games i've played so far - I need to realise when to tweak the width, d line & tempo.

I have a quick question - for clarity really... forgive me, it HAS been asked above, but I suspect many others are a bit unclear...

For the home tactic - we don't drag a target man into the 'Target Man' list?

For the away tactic - we do drag a target man into the 'Target Man' list?

Congrats on a successful tactic, I hope me and others can help develop it further - as well as boosting your ego! :-D

My ego thanks you;)!, regarding your questions: I always drag a man in the target man list for my away tactic, never tried for my home tactics (but you could try to...)

Just a not, in my Dundee game I'm using Kerreison as my left striker and he's scoring for fun!!

Archived