[Ireland] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Ireland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Ireland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

I don't know if it's a data issue, or should be brought up elsewhere, but there's a problem with the promotions/relegations when choosing a team in the league.

If you go to pick which team to manage, both Cork City and Shelbourne will be shown in the premiership, and Drogheda and Longford Town will be shown in the first division. When you start the save properly, but will be placed in the correct leagues (i.e. swapped around.)

Edit: After starting a game with a premiership team (Dundalk, I think) I went back to the start a "Career" screen again, and the teams were shown in their correct division, so maybe the selection was cached for me. Either way, they're in the right division.

Edited by Little Miss Lump Kicker

• SI Staff
21 minutes ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

I don't know if it's a data issue, or should be brought up elsewhere, but there's a problem with the promotions/relegations when choosing a team in the league.

If you go to pick which team to manage, both Cork City and Shelbourne will be shown in the premiership, and Drogheda and Longford Town will be shown in the first division. When you start the save properly, but will be placed in the correct leagues (i.e. swapped around.)

Edit: After starting a game with a premiership team (Dundalk, I think) I went back to the start a "Career" screen again, and the teams were shown in their correct division, so maybe the selection was cached for me. Either way, they're in the right division.

Sounds like it could've been a cached issue, like you say.

Something that isn't reproducing for us here, but let us know if it does happen again.

Cheers for raising it, and we'll continue to have a look into why that would appear like that for you.

On 25/11/2020 at 21:19, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Club History...

Mervue United & Mervue Juniors

When Mervue competed in the national league, they entered a 2nd team in the local division...I feel the histories should be linked as below

1412856962_MervueLinkedHistory.jpg.8f78f33a8dcf52e4537cd8a2a320f9e0.jpg

Thanks for this, were you able to achieve it via the in-game editor? Happy to replicate what you've done if you can outline the steps you used. Cheers.

PS: Received your email with the Munster Junior League info, will be working through it in the coming weeks to get it in for the mid-season patch/update.

1 hour ago, Irish Researcher said:

Thanks for this, were you able to achieve it via the in-game editor? Happy to replicate what you've done if you can outline the steps you used. Cheers.

PS: Received your email with the Munster Junior League info, will be working through it in the coming weeks to get it in for the mid-season patch/update.

I did the mervue change, via pre game editor can sent you a screen shot of how it was achieved, it's the same way Newcastle West in the Desmond league...I can compile similar files for the majority of the junior leagues, if the format is sufficient...

I have been trying to built an archive of historical result and history for junior football in Ireland

Some competitions need histories added

• EA Sports Cup - 2019 Dundalk, 2020 postponed
  • Munster Senior Cup - 2020 Rockmount
  • Leinster Senior Cup - 2019 St Pat's, 2020 postponed
  • President's Cup - 2020 postponed

Darragh Crowley made 10 appearances for Cobh, scoring 1 goal, for Cobh Ramblers in the 2020 First Division

Edited by adineen98

21 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

EA Sports Cup - 2019 Dundalk, 2020 postponed

Munster Senior Cup - 2020 Rockmount

Leinster Senior Cup - 2019 St Pat's, 2020 postponed

President's Cup - 2020 postponed

Thanks Alex, all amended and updated now.

2 hours ago, adineen98 said:

• EA Sports Cup - 2019 Dundalk, 2020 postponed
  • Munster Senior Cup - 2020 Rockmount
  • Leinster Senior Cup - 2019 St Pat's, 2020 postponed
  • President's Cup - 2020 postponed

Darragh Crowley made 10 appearances for Cobh, scoring 1 goal, for Cobh Ramblers in the 2020 First Division

Thanks Alex, our data lock was before the end of the Irish league season so we haven't added all the 2020 apps/goals data yet, Cobh is one of the outstanding clubs so Darragh's records will be revised then.

20 hours ago, Irish Researcher said:

On the Munster Senior Cup, 2018 and 2019 are missing the host stadium. Should be Turners Cross for both years. Date Decided needs filling in as well, 23/3/2018 and 22/3/2019. 4/8/2020 for this year.

Leinster Senior Cup 2019 was at Richmond Park on 16/11/2019. 

On 27/11/2020 at 15:07, Irish Researcher said:

1827686560_Annotation2020-11-28183311.jpg.3530f9d0316e7434313bfda2102e5c39.jpg

Adding Mervue United under the "New Club" tab for the Mervue United Juniors achieves the linked history

Also looking at the competition history in the database...

Most of the leagues in Ireland run along a different timescale than the LOI...

So looking at Mervue screenshot , the titles should be listed 2001/02 instead 2002 etc etc

All the leagues in the Munster file i sent run along the same time frame as the Galway league (Starts late summer/Autumn and Finishes Spring the following year, so season records should read 2000/01 instead of 2001 for example)

PS...I have sent another email to round out the Munster Junior Leagues file

Edited by A_Sober_Paddy

On 28/11/2020 at 17:09, metal_guitarist said:

On the Munster Senior Cup, 2018 and 2019 are missing the host stadium. Should be Turners Cross for both years. Date Decided needs filling in as well, 23/3/2018 and 22/3/2019. 4/8/2020 for this year.

Leinster Senior Cup 2019 was at Richmond Park on 16/11/2019. 

Thanks, all now added.

On 28/11/2020 at 18:42, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Also looking at the competition history in the database...

Most of the leagues in Ireland run along a different timescale than the LOI...

So looking at Mervue screenshot , the titles should be listed 2001/02 instead 2002 etc etc

All the leagues in the Munster file i sent run along the same time frame as the Galway league (Starts late summer/Autumn and Finishes Spring the following year, so season records should read 2000/01 instead of 2001 for example)

PS...I have sent another email to round out the Munster Junior Leagues file

Cheers, starting to work through amending these seasons for junior leagues now. The ability to switch from 'Straight' seasons to 'Cross-over' seasons for leagues below the top two divisions is only a recently added feature to the database but hope to get them all fixed in the coming month.

Received the second file, cheers. So far I've all the Clare District League stuff updated that you sent. I'm going to get you added to the official database editor and link you up with another guy who is keen to tidy up and work on the Irish non-league stuff. What you've been sending over is excellent info and it will be great to get it into the official database.

16 hours ago, Irish Researcher said:

Cheers, starting to work through amending these seasons for junior leagues now. The ability to switch from 'Straight' seasons to 'Cross-over' seasons for leagues below the top two divisions is only a recently added feature to the database but hope to get them all fixed in the coming month.

Received the second file, cheers. So far I've all the Clare District League stuff updated that you sent. I'm going to get you added to the official database editor and link you up with another guy who is keen to tidy up and work on the Irish non-league stuff. What you've been sending over is excellent info and it will be great to get it into the official database.

Cheers, to be honest I have varying levels of inform for all junior leagues, not all are as detailed or complete as Limerick & District league...

Ah that would be brilliant

Edited by A_Sober_Paddy

On 27/11/2020 at 20:01, Irish Researcher said:

On 27/11/2020 at 22:02, Irish Researcher said:

Thanks Alex, our data lock was before the end of the Irish league season so we haven't added all the 2020 apps/goals data yet, Cobh is one of the outstanding clubs so Darragh's records will be revised then.

Perfect, thanks.

Sean Barron and Naythan Coleman should be part of the Cobh Ramblers squad, they signed for them during the summer. They're not currently present in the database, though I'm certain they featured in previous FMs.

Sacred Heart and Firhouse Clover are seperate clubs in the database, but they merged to form one club in 2019.

Edited by adineen98

• 2 weeks later...

Leeside AFC should be in the Munster 1st Division.

Pearse Celtic, Lakewood Athletic, Carrigtwohill Utd, Tramore Athletic, Macroom, Innishvilla and Buttevant should be in the Munster 2nd division after they moved from their respective Cork AUL and Munster Junior divisions recently.

Mallow Utd dropped down to Munster Junior 2nd Division, leaving the senior divisions like Ballincollig, Glasheen and Crosshaven did in recent years.

Temple Utd, Glen Celtic. Village Utd and City Wanderers should be in the Cork AUL Premier Division. Waterloo were relegated to the Premier A Division, while it seems as if Knocknaheeny haven't fielded a team this season.

Edited by adineen98

• 2 weeks later...

Damien Duff has stepped down from the national team coaching staff - but he is still working in the Shelbourne academy and this role is not active in game?

Jim Crawford also needs setting us the U21 National Team Manager

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/damien-duff-returning-to-league-of-ireland-after-agreeing-coaching-role-at-shelbourne-39314159.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just out of a matter of interest, it seems as if both Dublin County and Treaty Utd are confident they'll be getting licenses to play in the LOI, but with licenses not being given out until the 23rd of February, will this be too close to the winter update to see them included?

On 23/01/2021 at 03:43, Kloppy said:

Drogheda Town seem to be removed? 

Drogheda Town currently play in the Leinster Major Sunday which isn't in the game (it's the division below the Leinster Senior 1B)

6 hours ago, adineen98 said:

Just out of a matter of interest, it seems as if both Dublin County and Treaty Utd are confident they'll be getting licenses to play in the LOI, but with licenses not being given out until the 23rd of February, will this be too close to the winter update to see them included?

Drogheda Town currently play in the Leinster Major Sunday which isn't in the game (it's the division below the Leinster Senior 1B)

My understanding is that the FAI will be releasing fixtures tomorrow with a 10th team listed as 'blank'. That 10th team I believe is Treaty United, replacing Shamrock Rovers II.

In terms of the 2021 start date, I've added Treaty United with their chairman and Tommy Barrett as manager but squad list is blank for now until they begin to confirm names.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 21:24, holidaysong said:

Will Patching has left Dundalk FC.

Jim Magilton in as Director of Football. I'm very much looking forward to a Dundalk DoF challenge with him as DoF.

I jumped the gun here on Will Patching. He is still under contract with Dundalk for 2021.

https://www.jamesrogers.ie/patching-set-to-return-to-oriel-park-for-pre-season-training/amp/

It looks like he'll be loaned out to Derry City though.

On the new update, I assume the Treaty United call came too late for the cut off. Hopefully it will be in the next update?

Some Dundalk FC changes too which I guess were not in time (but for completeness);

In;

Peter Cherrie (Derry)

Ryan O'Kane (Cliftonville)

Taner Dogan (Athlone)

Out on loan;

Andrew Quinn (Bray)

Will Patching (Derry)

3 hours ago, holidaysong said:

On the new update, I assume the Treaty United call came too late for the cut off. Hopefully it will be in the next update?

Some Dundalk FC changes too which I guess were not in time (but for completeness);

In;

Peter Cherrie (Derry)

Ryan O'Kane (Cliftonville)

Taner Dogan (Athlone)

Out on loan;

Andrew Quinn (Bray)

Will Patching (Derry)

Thanks. Just going to try and clear this up for everyone:

- The database was locked 15-02-2021. Everything officially announced LOI wise made it in up to and including changes on 14-02.

- We have been doing officially announced changes daily since then and can continue to do so up until a second database lock around 28-02. 

- The League of Ireland Transfer Deadline for non-free agents is this Thursday so hopefully every side will be fully populated by this weekend prior to the second deadline.

- Since the database lock on 15-02, there have been a further 1,676 changes to the Irish database as of close of play yesterday!

21 hours ago, tim tellean said:

Bray Wanderers have posted a treasure trove of stats. Results, lineups, season by season stats for 1985-2020 https://braywanderersfc.ie/club-statistics/?fbclid=IwAR18QYz5Uc54k1a-sjEH6bpIi2rAXA0Ghlf8KIQU4sRWX-Y5dlImsWLSgOU

Wow super stuff thanks Tim, that's great to see. Will definitely have to get a deep dive into that for the next edition of FM!

On 24/02/2021 at 20:53, adineen98 said:

@Irish Researcher just thought that I'd mention that Sean Barron is not currently in the Cobh Ramblers squad, I've noticed that on the ORDB he is marked as NFE. Apologies if this has already been addressed and I've missed it.

Cheers, this was spotted just in time for the imminent data update so thankfully he'll appear now! Will DM you about the next research phase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shane Blaney (Sligo) - ID 29197328

Should be listed as a left-footed central defender as per link below and is own description from 6.05 in the video. Good technique is mentioned a few times, might be worth reviewing?

https://www.sligorovers.com/shane-blaney-signs-for-sligo-rovers/

And probably his leadership should probably be nudged up?

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/blaney-enjoying-u23s/

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just looking at the club reputations of many junior clubs in Ireland and comparing them with clubs around Scandinavia

Ireland

Fairview Rangers (8 time Junior Cup Winners - A Record), flloodlit, 3G pitch & currently building a seated stand...Reputation 500

Finland

Laajasalon Palloseura (Not won much of note), using a football ground no different from a regular junior side in Ireland...Reputation of 2300...

I can understand that, Laajasalon Palloseura play in the Finnish Third Tier(which has over 90 Teams) but they are still classed as amateur like Fairview Rangers...But the football system in Ireland isn't really a linear one, with many junior sides comparable with Intermediate sides and in some cases Junior sides potentially comparable to some senior sides

Even just looking at the Finnish Third Division(a mix of Ameteur & Semi Pro teams) the average reputation is 1325, compared to the "Third Tier" in Ireland which is 915...

I understand Football infrastructure is a lot better in the Top 2 tiers in Finland compared to LOI but below that its very mixed...

Maybe i'm living in Cuckoo land, but is there room on a discussion on the club reputations to be had for Irish clubs?