[U.S.A.] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to U.S.A. here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for U.S.A. should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Eddie Munjoma's full name is Edwin Munjoma and has a Shona last name, so I'm assuming he's eligible for Zimbabwe in some way. 

Sam Junqua's full name is Samuel Junqua and according to his brother's college soccer profile has a French father and a Japanese mother, with Sam most likely speaking both French and Japanese just like his brother.

Goalkeeper Kyle Ihn's playing history shows him scoring 3 goals for Rio Grande Valley, despite not actually scoring any goals at all throughout his entire career.

7 hours ago, Gum said:

Goalkeeper Kyle Ihn's playing history shows him scoring 3 goals for Rio Grande Valley, despite not actually scoring any goals at all throughout his entire career.

Fixed in the ongoing database - simple case of me being fat-fingered on my laptop's numberpad. Thanks for bringing it up, as it would indeed be a hell of a thing for a GK to score three times in three games.

Since the other two are MLS players they belong to Al, but I will say that I wouldn't necessarily presume that Munjoma is available for Zimbabwe because of his last name. I frequently deal with lower-league players (American-born) who have last names traceable to specific countries in Africa but double-checking them shows that they only have American passports.

• SI Staff
On 24/11/2020 at 08:39, KeegBCFC said:

Hi, thanks for your on-going input on the US data stuff.  However, you don't need to post current transfers in 'data issues' forum.  Work on the assumption that we are on top of those, however, there is always a cut off for data changes ahead of a release.  Both the Chinoso and the Austin staff were completed internally on the day of their announcements.

What this forum is for is for things that are incorrect, older, have been missed.

Given the time of year there's going to be a massive amount of turnover and signings in MLS, and those don't need to be posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, USA clubs don’t load players. I do load all USA players and leagues. The clubs are  

Forward Madison FC

FC Tucson

Indy Eleven

Reno 1868 FC

San Antonio FC

and Im sure some more that I haven’t looked into. Please fix this. 
making a USA league is one of my favorite things to do and it sucks that the nation clubs aren't 100% usable. 

On 07/12/2020 at 23:53, iiP0PP3R said:

Hello, USA clubs don’t load players. I do load all USA players and leagues. The clubs are  

Forward Madison FC

FC Tucson

Indy Eleven

Reno 1868 FC

San Antonio FC

and Im sure some more that I haven’t looked into. Please fix this. 
making a USA league is one of my favorite things to do and it sucks that the nation clubs aren't 100% usable. 

This is an issue that has been caught, and as much as I can tell you is that as of the last test version of the game all of the players in the USL D2 and D3 leagues were on their respective teams at the start of a new game when I wanted to check some things out. Multiple different restarts showed that the issue had been sorted out - we're still not sure what had caused it to happen in the first place.

As a friendly reminder, however: if it seems like some players are still missing even after you start a game with D2/D3 playable remember that we can't have teenagers on USL Academy Amateur contracts in the game.

Long time Player; first time poster, so if this is the wrong place for this issue, please forgive me.

I'm playing Austin, the expansion team and the board gives me as a payroll target, the total of the two players under contract; in other words any other players I sign, force me over the boards budget. (In fairness, they don't complain, but if later I go looking for another job, that board freaks out.)

Also the next year, when the expansion draft rolls around, I get a huge message saying I lost John Doe, to Charlotte, however he is still on my roster and I actually lost Richard Roe ( or no one) instead.

Thanks.

On 09/12/2020 at 02:29, tmfc said:

This is an issue that has been caught, and as much as I can tell you is that as of the last test version of the game all of the players in the USL D2 and D3 leagues were on their respective teams at the start of a new game when I wanted to check some things out. Multiple different restarts showed that the issue had been sorted out - we're still not sure what had caused it to happen in the first place.

As a friendly reminder, however: if it seems like some players are still missing even after you start a game with D2/D3 playable remember that we can't have teenagers on USL Academy Amateur contracts in the game.

Thank you for replying. I keep loading old  and new games. Those clubs still have no players. Even when I make my own league

6 hours ago, iiP0PP3R said:

Thank you for replying. I keep loading old  and new games. Those clubs still have no players. Even when I make my own league

Yep, and that was the same issue I was having. It was the same teams every time, even when making an edit file so that American D2/D3 were playable. We still have no specific idea what was causing that to happen (it was an issue that was brought to everyone's attention), but all indications are that it shouldn't be an issue going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeimar Gómez Andrade is set as being 158cm tall in the game when he's actually 188cm according to Transfermarkt. I feel like this was merely a typo but as it stands, he probably wont make a great CB.

https://www.transfermarkt.pt/yeimar-gomez-andrade/profil/spieler/343359

• 4 months later...

The Carlos Vela linked in the MLS records screen for the most goals in a season is the wrong Carlos Vela. Also, the record is 34 and I think (haven't got the game open so may be wrong) his record shows 33 in his player history.

Here is what I noticed is wrong regarding USA Cities in database:

- Niagara Falls (NY) - 20018260 - Is spelled incorrectly. It is is writen Niagra Falls, instead of Niagara Falls.

- Keokuk - 20017565 - The Local Region is missing and in the name doesn't state the state the city belongs, like the rest of the USA cities.

- Perris (CA) - 20018122 - The Local Region is missing.

- Rancho Cordova (CA) - 20018128 - The Local Region is missing.

- Panama City Beach (FL) - 20018927 - The Local Region is missing.

All USA cities from number 2000007482 and 20000073580, the Local Region is missing.

I also request all USA State City Capitals should be included in the database. Here is the 4 missing:

- Augusta, Maine

- Jefferson City, Missouri

- Montpelier, Vermont

- Olympia, Washington

Also would like to ask if the new USA Cities that has 100k or more of population in the new Census 2020 (as time of writing there is still only estimates) be included in the database:

- Jurupa Valley, California

- South Fulton, Georgia

Also, would like to ask few personal requests to be included:

- Atlantic City, New Jersey

- Harlem, New York

- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

- Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania

- Biloxi, Mississippi

- Butte, Montana

- Roswell, New Mexico

Thanks for your time.

Grade