[England National League South – Level 6] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to England's National League South (Level 6) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's National League South (Level 6) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

On 24/11/2020 at 15:39, WK11 said:

Shamir Mullings still playing at Dulwich in game despite having signed for Weymouth in the summer window https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/shamir-mullings/profil/spieler/346423

Hi @WK11,

Mullings is on the DB as at Weymouth but had a Future Transfer set to Dulwich Hamlet in error which has caused this. This has now been corrected.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Billericay Town

There are no listed club legends. I would recommend John Newman (manager), Doug Young (player), John Pullin (player), and Fred Clayden (player). The four were integral to Billericay's success in the FA Vase in the 1980s, with Doug Young famously scoring a hattrick at Wembley. Doug Young and Fred Clayden still turn up to the club pretty regularly and are popular with the fans to this day.

I would recommend Billy Bricknell and Jake Robinson as icons. Billy Bricknell has had two spells at the club, and been fairly prolific during both. He's best remembered by fans for his late hattrick in the Velocity Trophy final, taking Billericay from 3-1 down in the 80th to 5-3 winners - someone else scored the fifth. Jake Robinson is a fan favourite of the current team, and is one of the clubs best ever goalscorers. On that note, he could do with some improved attributes - he's a fantastic goalscorer, but in-game he's fairly average.

There ought to be some listed rivalry with Dulwich Hamlet, as there is some animosity between the two fanbases. This is probably best listed as a 'competitive rivalry,' as it only really got going during the two clubs title battle a few years ago, and has continued since.

The club currently has youth teams at every game, while in-game there is no U18 team. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 15:39, WK11 said:

Shamir Mullings still playing at Dulwich in game despite having signed for Weymouth in the summer window https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/shamir-mullings/profil/spieler/346423

Thanks - he's now been released by Weymouth, which has now been reflected in the db and his history has been updated and attributes tweaked slightly.

On 24/11/2020 at 17:17, fmupdater2k16 said:

Can you guys create Raphe Brown for Maidstone he is not in game pls and transfer Zihni Temelci there as well he used to play in turkey! And Jayden Randell is transfered to Wealdstone!

Raphe Brown is now at Maidstone. Zihni Temelci is a strange one as it did look like he went back to Turkey to play - but as you say he's still playing for Maidstone. I've requested the Turkish researcher transfer him back to Maidstone United.  Randell is now at Concord Rangers, however, I've added his Maidstone and Wealdstone histories and transferred him to Concord.

On 13/12/2020 at 12:44, Clintabn said:

Welling United
Kareem Isiaka (29177371) born in Thamesmead (29061918)

Thanks! I've updated this and found his DOB so updated that too. UTG!

On 15/01/2021 at 23:25, Sophos said:

Billericay Town

There are no listed club legends. I would recommend John Newman (manager), Doug Young (player), John Pullin (player), and Fred Clayden (player). The four were integral to Billericay's success in the FA Vase in the 1980s, with Doug Young famously scoring a hattrick at Wembley. Doug Young and Fred Clayden still turn up to the club pretty regularly and are popular with the fans to this day.

I would recommend Billy Bricknell and Jake Robinson as icons. Billy Bricknell has had two spells at the club, and been fairly prolific during both. He's best remembered by fans for his late hattrick in the Velocity Trophy final, taking Billericay from 3-1 down in the 80th to 5-3 winners - someone else scored the fifth. Jake Robinson is a fan favourite of the current team, and is one of the clubs best ever goalscorers. On that note, he could do with some improved attributes - he's a fantastic goalscorer, but in-game he's fairly average.

There ought to be some listed rivalry with Dulwich Hamlet, as there is some animosity between the two fanbases. This is probably best listed as a 'competitive rivalry,' as it only really got going during the two clubs title battle a few years ago, and has continued since.

The club currently has youth teams at every game, while in-game there is no U18 team. 

Heh! Weirdly I was looking at Billericay today and added Jake Robinson as an icon before I saw your post! OK, so I have added some legends: John Newman and Doug Young following your suggestions, and I've added Colin Searle as well. I've included Pullin and Clayden as icons. Billy Bricknell's been added as an icon now too. Having been to a Dulwich vs Billericay game, I'm inclined to agree with the competitive rivalry - though I haven't set it as a permanent rivalry so it will fade over time.

I'm quite happy with Jake Robinson's attributes on the face of it. He's a pretty decent striker and with a finishing stat of 12, he is one of the highest in the league. I've upped his anticipation and concentration slightly to reflect how he's adapting as he gets a bit older - he should be a pretty good goalscorer in the game with the right tactics. Happy to consider any other specific requests about his attributes - but I'd be more interested in any PPMs he should have included (does he still come deep to get the ball - must admit I've not seen him do that on the handful of times I've seen him this season).

Re: the U18 team that's a deliberate choice. It's very hard to get details of youth team players at this level of the game, and I wouldn't want to imbalance the game by having one or two clubs with full youth teams and the others with none due to data issues. So instead I only add youth team players when they start to look like they'll make the first team, either when they get called up to a squad, or play first team friendlies or sign on first team terms, etc. As NLS is the lowest playable (English) league in the game, the ones who don't make it won't likely end up playing in a playable league anyway, so I think this strategy makes sense.

But Billericay have been set up so that they can have youth team fixtures if the right structure is there (I haven't ticked the "No youth team fixtures" option). Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2021 at 21:03, GillsMan said:

Thanks - he's now been released by Weymouth, which has now been reflected in the db and his history has been updated and attributes tweaked slightly.

Raphe Brown is now at Maidstone. Zihni Temelci is a strange one as it did look like he went back to Turkey to play - but as you say he's still playing for Maidstone. I've requested the Turkish researcher transfer him back to Maidstone United.  Randell is now at Concord Rangers, however, I've added his Maidstone and Wealdstone histories and transferred him to Concord.

Thanks! I've updated this and found his DOB so updated that too. UTG!

Heh! Weirdly I was looking at Billericay today and added Jake Robinson as an icon before I saw your post! OK, so I have added some legends: John Newman and Doug Young following your suggestions, and I've added Colin Searle as well. I've included Pullin and Clayden as icons. Billy Bricknell's been added as an icon now too. Having been to a Dulwich vs Billericay game, I'm inclined to agree with the competitive rivalry - though I haven't set it as a permanent rivalry so it will fade over time.

I'm quite happy with Jake Robinson's attributes on the face of it. He's a pretty decent striker and with a finishing stat of 12, he is one of the highest in the league. I've upped his anticipation and concentration slightly to reflect how he's adapting as he gets a bit older - he should be a pretty good goalscorer in the game with the right tactics. Happy to consider any other specific requests about his attributes - but I'd be more interested in any PPMs he should have included (does he still come deep to get the ball - must admit I've not seen him do that on the handful of times I've seen him this season).

Re: the U18 team that's a deliberate choice. It's very hard to get details of youth team players at this level of the game, and I wouldn't want to imbalance the game by having one or two clubs with full youth teams and the others with none due to data issues. So instead I only add youth team players when they start to look like they'll make the first team, either when they get called up to a squad, or play first team friendlies or sign on first team terms, etc. As NLS is the lowest playable (English) league in the game, the ones who don't make it won't likely end up playing in a playable league anyway, so I think this strategy makes sense.

But Billericay have been set up so that they can have youth team fixtures if the right structure is there (I haven't ticked the "No youth team fixtures" option). Hope that helps!

Searle and Pullin are both good shouts for icon/legend status. And good call on listing the rivalry with Dulwich as temporary - can't imagine it lasting if the two clubs end up in separate leagues, will just be one of those rivalries the long-time fans talk about before kickoff. 

Bumps to Robinson's anticipation and concentration sound good. I wouldn't say he comes deep to get the ball that much anymore, I think that was mostly a tactical thing when the club had quicker strikers to make the runs ahead of him - Moses Emmanuel, mainly. 

As for the youth team, I think Billericay's is a cut above most at the level, so it may be worth giving them a bit more representation. Billericay played their last two games with a team made up mostly of youth players, with a few backup players thrown in: a good draw against St Albans, and a good game against Eastbourne (with the team done in by poor stamina, mostly). That's using results well after my original post to justify it, which I know is quite cheeky! Nonetheless, the youth focus is something the club has strongly emphasised recently, so it's worth a look at least.

Hello,

I have just started a new save with the winter update and have taken over as manager of Braintree.

My first choice goalkeeper is Jack Giddens.  He is 28 years old, 6 foot five, has 16 in jumping and strength 8............  and ONE in aerial reach.

I am thinking this a database error.  But what would be his correct rating here? 

I have the in-game editor so I am able to input a new value on the fly.

Best wishes,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started a game and joined Hungerford as manager.

They have an Angolan player called Bartolo in their squad, currently loaded out to an Angolan club.

I am thinking this is a mistake. Looking in the editor he has an entry saying he has been at Hungerford since 2015.