[South Korea] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for South Korea competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for South Korea should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

12 hours ago, Kodiak said:

This system needs to be applied to the K League.

Can you be more specific about what you mean, please? Also please consider whether you're raising this issue in the right forum, I'm not 100% sure what you mean but it sounds like it might be more like a database issue than a league-specific issue.

3 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Can you be more specific about what you mean, please? Also please consider whether you're raising this issue in the right forum, I'm not 100% sure what you mean but it sounds like it might be more like a database issue than a league-specific issue.

I thought this was right, so I wrote it here. The original text is not what I wrote. It is not clear whether this is a  League Specific problem or a database problem, so I wrote here first.

• SI Staff
21 minutes ago, SPaulssonFM said:

I believe the Korean FA cup in game hasn't been moved to accommodate for the COVID condensed season. The First Round of the FA cup started IRL 5/9/20 but starts 15/3/20 in game (nearly 2 months before the start of the season).

Are you absolutely sure about this?  Our head researcher for South Korea requested specific dates for the FA cup, the ones we have set, as recently as 20th October.  Do you have a link you can send us to proof of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Korean_FA_Cup

I know wikipedia isn't gospel but I live in Korea and can confirm there was no live sport at all in March/April (baseball started the beginning of May with football following shortly after). 

I think the 4th round onwards in game seems approximately the same as it was IRL, but rounds 1-3 are too early. 

I believe there might be a bug with the FA Cup. There is Winner Prize Money in all rounds except for the Semi Finals. If I remember correctly, that's not the case in real life, but I can't find the right amount in my notes right now.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, z857924 said:

Every K League clubs can have 5 foreign players at maximum, but some K League clubs are registering too many foreign players and playing the league games. 

It makes me hate playing K League. 

254.png

Thanks, I will look into this issue.

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2020 at 16:39, SPaulssonFM said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Korean_FA_Cup

I know wikipedia isn't gospel but I live in Korea and can confirm there was no live sport at all in March/April (baseball started the beginning of May with football following shortly after). 

I think the 4th round onwards in game seems approximately the same as it was IRL, but rounds 1-3 are too early. 

OK thanks for the information.  I think we will have to stick with what we have been provided by our head researcher for the full release, but this may change for an update.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 23:14, Fr05ty said:

I believe there might be a bug with the FA Cup. There is Winner Prize Money in all rounds except for the Semi Finals. If I remember correctly, that's not the case in real life, but I can't find the right amount in my notes right now.

Yes, this sounds wrong if this is occurring, please update us on what you think the amount should be when you know.

On 17/11/2020 at 18:50, Dan Ormsby said:

Yes, this sounds wrong if this is occurring, please update us on what you think the amount should be when you know.

Ok, now I've got the 2020 FA Cup (https://www.kfa.or.kr/img_src/data_rule/2020_facup_operation_rule.pdf) amounts just to be safe. The value for the Quarter Final currently is wrong as well as it has the winner prize money and the participation money switched. The biggest error is that the winner prize money is shifted 1 round earlier in the game against what's in real life. What I mean by this is that the 1st Round's winner prize money should not be there (there is no winner prize money for the 1st Round), it should be the 2nd Round's, and the rest are shifted as such. The resulting money should be:

1st Round: 0 winner prize, 1 million Won participation
2st Round: 2 million Won winner prize, 1 million Won participation
3st Round: 3 million Won winner prize, 1 million Won participation
4st Round: 4 million Won winner prize, 1 million Won participation
Quarter Final: 5 million Won winner prize, 1 million Won participation
Semi Final: 6 million Won winner prize, 1 million Won participation
Final: 300 million Won winner prize, 100 million Won loser prize, 1 million Won participation

There's also a 10 million Won Fair Play team prize which I haven't been able to verify if it is implemented.

Edited by Fr05ty

image.png.f497101c1fae4209be0a5e3eaa77eb66.png

image.png.58f6da317d166cf3ec2ea92fc846dc45.png

This image from KFA(Korea Football Associate)'s operation rules's 7 page(in pdf file) ( https://www.kfa.or.kr/img_src/data_rule/2020_facup_operation_rule.pdf ). sadly, it written korean.

In this rules, There are 4 types prize.

1. Participation Money

1 million Won (each team's first participation round)

2. Home team

1 million Won

3. Round Prize ( In Rule files, 'advance to the next round prize'.. So I change expression as FM-style '1R winner', instand of 'advance to 2R')

1R Winner - 2 million Won

2R Winner - 3 million Won

3R Winner - 4 million Won

4R Winner - 5 million Won

5R Winner - 6 million Won

4. Team Prize(?)

Champion - 300 million Won

Runner-up - 100 million Won

Fair Play - 10 million Won

(Fair Play team should over 50% of rounds participated.)

22 hours ago, Speng said:

Hiya, with regards to the FA Cup (and K League), I have been told to treat this season as if there was no COVID-19 so I have tried my best to go with the original intended fixtures.

We're mostly arguing about the prize money being wrong with the FA cup, though I suppose your answer is related to the round dates being different than those in the game, right?

19 minutes ago, Fr05ty said:

We're mostly arguing about the prize money being wrong with the FA cup, though I suppose your answer is related to the round dates being different than those in the game, right?

Yes that's correct. Should have been clearer sorry.

14 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

@Speng Could you please let us know if there is any relevant information we need to be aware of from here. Thanks

It's about the rules related to Sangju, the K-League team. Unlike other clubs, they belong to the military, so that post says there is a difference in reality from the rules of fm. For example, a free agent would sign a general contract with the Sangmu team. You put the wrong tag :)

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, a5864003 said:

It's about the rules related to Sangju, the K-League team. Unlike other clubs, they belong to the military, so that post says there is a difference in reality from the rules of fm. For example, a free agent would sign a general contract with the Sangmu team. You put the wrong tag :)

Our head researcher specifically requested that Sangju have stopped being military associated in real life so requested some appropriate changes.  Please look into this as we believe we have it set correctly in game to reflect the new real life situation.  Thanks.

On 22/11/2020 at 12:44, JUFAFA said:

image.png.f497101c1fae4209be0a5e3eaa77eb66.png

image.png.58f6da317d166cf3ec2ea92fc846dc45.png

This image from KFA(Korea Football Associate)'s operation rules's 7 page(in pdf file) ( https://www.kfa.or.kr/img_src/data_rule/2020_facup_operation_rule.pdf ). sadly, it written korean.

In this rules, There are 4 types prize.

1. Participation Money

1 million Won (each team's first participation round)

2. Home team

1 million Won

3. Round Prize ( In Rule files, 'advance to the next round prize'.. So I change expression as FM-style '1R winner', instand of 'advance to 2R')

1R Winner - 2 million Won

2R Winner - 3 million Won

3R Winner - 4 million Won

4R Winner - 5 million Won

5R Winner - 6 million Won

4. Team Prize(?)

Champion - 300 million Won

Runner-up - 100 million Won

Fair Play - 10 million Won

(Fair Play team should over 50% of rounds participated.)

Yes this is what I currently requested SI to be implemented so that should be classed as an in-game bug rather than research issues. 

12 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Our head researcher specifically requested that Sangju have stopped being military associated in real life so requested some appropriate changes.  Please look into this as we believe we have it set correctly in game to reflect the new real life situation.  Thanks.

I requested that Asan (NOT Sangju) to be stopped being military associated. 

On 24/11/2020 at 17:46, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

@Speng Could you please let us know if there is any relevant information we need to be aware of from here. Thanks

Yes what it says is this..

1. Journalists keep on asking the managers about 'extending' the loan when it is just a set period
2. Unattached players signing for Sangju
3. Sangju's U18 players playing for Sangju 1st team when it shouldn't be
4. The number of yearly recruitment of players reduce according to the number of U18 players

• SI Staff
On 25/11/2020 at 07:52, a5864003 said:

11 hours ago, Speng said:

I requested that Asan (NOT Sangju) to be stopped being military associated. 

Yes what it says is this..

1. Journalists keep on asking the managers about 'extending' the loan when it is just a set period
2. Unattached players signing for Sangju
3. Sangju's U18 players playing for Sangju 1st team when it shouldn't be
4. The number of yearly recruitment of players reduce according to the number of U18 players

My apologies - I got the team names mixed up!  Can you let me know what the specific bug to do with Sangju is please and can the original poster provide a save with the bug occurring?  Is it a missing rule?  These points all potentially sound like gameplay bugs, apart perhaps from point number 2 which sounds like it should have a rule saying Sangju should not be able to sign any players, is this correct?  Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

My apologies - I got the team names mixed up!  Can you let me know what the specific bug to do with Sangju is please and can the original poster provide a save with the bug occurring?  Is it a missing rule?  These points all potentially sound like gameplay bugs, apart perhaps from point number 2 which sounds like it should have a rule saying Sangju should not be able to sign any players, is this correct?  Thanks.

Yes they are all related to Sanju and even with number 2 this had been already implemented for a number if years so this again needs to be looked at as part of gameplay bugs (unless this rule was omitted for some reason for FM21)

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
2 hours ago, Mjbruce17 said:

On the team selection page when you choose K-League 2 none of the teams are predicted to finish higher than 6th in the table with 2 clubs predicted to finish 9th and 2 other clubs predicted to finish 10th

Thanks, this is reproducing internally, I will log this in our system, thanks for raising.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 19:13, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks, this is reproducing internally, I will log this in our system, thanks for raising.

Why korean first and second leagues are added under same parent competition?

2 leagues with different division level, reputation under same parent. Seems very wrong.

Is there any reason for this or someone messed up something?

Thanks!

• SI Staff
On 08/01/2021 at 14:13, krlenjushka said:

Why korean first and second leagues are added under same parent competition?

2 leagues with different division level, reputation under same parent. Seems very wrong.

Is there any reason for this or someone messed up something?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  If you could provide a save and screenshot and some further explanation that would be helpful.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  If you could provide a save and screenshot and some further explanation that would be helpful.  Thanks!

When i load default korean rules in editor - its set like this. 2 levels under 1 parent competition.

Level 2 cant be sub division of level 1.  

I thought maybe you know why its set like this.  Cant see any reason for this. Maybe @Speng knows something about this?

I understand this is related to editor but its related to default korean system so i wrote here.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

When i load default korean rules in editor - its set like this. 2 levels under 1 parent competition.

Level 2 cant be sub division of level 1.  

I thought maybe you know why its set like this.  Cant see any reason for this. Maybe @Speng knows something about this?

I understand this is related to editor but its related to default korean system so i wrote here.

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't understand what you are talking about either! Are we talking about K League 1 and 2? 

Can you explain with screenshots please?

1 hour ago, Speng said:

Sorry I didn't understand what you are talking about either! Are we talking about K League 1 and 2? 

Can you explain with screenshots please?

Level 2 league have parent competition set and its level 1 league.

Level 2 shoudnt be sub division of level 1. I use FM editor for 13-14 years and i never find anything similar.

Screenshot_270.thumb.png.26955eb3005011b6fd3ec5ab693591ae.png

Screenshot_271.thumb.png.c0762f00df48da435ae94d9dd4d04c91.png

Now im not familiar with korean league system but i dont see any reason for this. Is there any connection between level 1 and 2 in real life?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021. 1. 12. at 오전 2시 14분, krlenjushka said:

Level 2 league have parent competition set and its level 1 league.

Level 2 shoudnt be sub division of level 1. I use FM editor for 13-14 years and i never find anything similar.

Screenshot_270.thumb.png.26955eb3005011b6fd3ec5ab693591ae.png

Screenshot_271.thumb.png.c0762f00df48da435ae94d9dd4d04c91.png

Now im not familiar with korean league system but i dont see any reason for this. Is there any connection between level 1 and 2 in real life?

It's old bug...

• Sebastian Szlenkier changed the title to [South Korea] (Official) League Specific Issues
  • 1 month later...

From 2023 season, k-league schedule becomes strange.
(I think, 2021 season have a same problem too)

Due to Qatar world cup, 2022 season is terminated early than other season.
(ended before November)

But  this early termination of season schedule is still maintained after 2022 season.
This schedule makes tough for k-leagues teams.
Clubs must play 5 games(split stage round) during 15 days.
If there is additional FA cup final or AFC schedule, the teams should play games every other day frequently.
Case of normal season(ex. 2019), clubs played split stage games during 4~5 weeks. (19/Oct  ~  1/Dec, including A match break)

Another strange thing is the relegation matches dates. 

The relegation matches will take place on December 1 despite the season ending early due to an early termination issue.

I'm concerned this problem would not be solved easily and expecting this issue will be fixed after FM 2024 series.
Because there isn't function for special schedule only for 2022 season in Pre-game editor. 
If I fix the the other seasons schedule properly to solve this problem, K-league 2022 schedule is not fit for World-cup.
(During World cup hold, the club plays k-league. But I think this is better in long-term view. )

Thank you for reading despite the poor English.

2022 season.png

2023 season.png

Edited by Nexus_1