Plans for FM21

With all the announcements and with a bit of hype being created I have begun to make my plans for my first 'long term' save and wanted to see/hear others plans they have.

My long term save is going to be Leicester. I enjoyed playing with them last year with the core group of young Englishmen and plan on a similar approach this year, with the benefit of Europa League for some squad players.

Every year I try to plan my ideal squad and what they would look like and cover my ins and outs.

These are the players I plan on shipping out of the club. I have tried to gauge how much I will be able to get for them going from this years without expecting too much.1204738429_PotentialOutgoings.png.58277d9d68ddaf07a766da77fe70572f.png

As you can tell I am really only planning on losing players outside of the first XI. In my opinion, none of these have enough to break into the starting XI, and are also on large wages.If I can get these sort of fees for these squad players I would be happy as this would give me a nice £55million plus any money freed up from wages.

In terms of Incomings, I plan on focusing on this young english core throughout the squad and targeting realistic signings for a club like Leicester. Again, I have based my plans on players having similar potential to last season, which for the most part I don't imagine many of these have changed too much.440923476_PotentialIncoming.png.2f54dfa74637482ecbc42cdd93227814.png

As you can see, most of these players aren't your typical FM signings. Don't get me wrong, they have good potential but they aren't everyones go to signings. 

With the goalkeepers, it will probably end up as 2 from the 3, ideally Henderson and Dewhurst.

I'm hoping I can sign the youngsters from the 'smaller clubs' for reasonable fees and make use of loaning from the 'bigger clubs'. Obviously, I won't be able to secure all of these in the same window, so I intend on prioritising squad positions we are thin - AMRL and ST, also depending on what clubs want for players as I don't plan on paying over the odds. For example, Burnley wanting £50million + for McNeil, I will find an alternative.

The blank slots are for youngster who I plan on scouting to go straight into the youth team and are position that are thin within the first team squad.

1468154618_SquadPlans.thumb.png.f005d7cc14d014973c9c7b0423cc5401.png

Ideally, if I can sign all the players I want, keep hold of the current squad, this is what my squad will look like after hopefully 2 seasons or sooner. As you can see it will be very young and very english. This is a squad of 34 players, which is a lot, however many of the younger players will be playing under 23's or under 18's, players such as Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel will be getting on to retires and if I was to receive the right offer for players like Perreira, Soyuncu, Tielemens etc, I would be happy to part ways.

I think I might finally try and be disciplined enough to try a 'Non-League to Legend' style save this year, Not being able to use the player search screen and everything else that goes with it is a good challenge. Too many comfortable saves on FM over the last few editions, need to push myself this year. Also going to get more involved in press conferences and dynamics this year, try and make it a more engaging experience, and create a really strong narrative. 

15 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think I might finally try and be disciplined enough to try a 'Non-League to Legend' style save this year, Not being able to use the player search screen and everything else that goes with it is a good challenge. Too many comfortable saves on FM over the last few editions, need to push myself this year. Also going to get more involved in press conferences and dynamics this year, try and make it a more engaging experience, and create a really strong narrative. 

I think its very possible. From what we have seen we now have a chance to avoid the player search window altogether which is something i like. It's more in line with my current style of play which depends only on the recommendations of the DOF. It certainly is a more compelling way to play instead of the gamey find the perfect XI and off we go, which is frankly too easy a mode of play.

I am even doing a hot potato challenge where managers have to pass the save to the next manager after one game month. During that time, they can do whatever they want but they cannot use a formation that has been used before, and must use a totally new formation each game month. The goal is to turn this into a Journeyman challenge. It's  the ultimate tactical challenge.

@collisonmullanYou do an interesting write up. You should have a look at the FM Career Updates sub forum.

~~~~

I cant make up my mind what I want to do in FM21. For FM20 I started as a manager for clubs I had an interest in and the the general theme was clubs that have been demoted for financial reasons; Bangor and FC Koper.

I enjoyed that, but I think I might just go back to basics with a good old fashioned journeyman. I'll probably wait for leagues such as Luxembourg and the Baltics to be released.

For beta I might stick with FC Koper, but this time in FM21. Though I am tempted to mess about with Bournemouth for the first time in years and see if I can get them back to the PL at the first attempt. I don't normally manage my team because it just frustrates me when players I like aren't good enough (not that I am suggesting the researcher doesn't do good enough).

If Harry Redknapp is not in the game then maybe I'll create him and have him manage Bournemouth.