Loan out best youngsters or keep them ?

I am managing Derby County in the Championship and I am unsure what will be the better option for some of my better young players. Should I send them out on loan to League One/Two clubs or even Scottish clubs who will obviously have poorer training facilities or keep them at the club and play in the Under 23's with the odd substitute appearance in the first team.

How do I get the most out of my youngsters' potential and what is your strategy in this field ?

Yes, loaning them to better clubs is a good option, as long as you can negotiate some favorable playing time. (You don't want them to just sit on the bench). Check the club has good youth training facilities.

PS: However, if you plan to give them extensive playing time in your first team (because they are good), then it may be better to keep them. Another reason to loan is if a given position is crowded with too many players but you don't want to sell the youngster.

Edited by phd_angel

From my own experience I think keeping them with your first team squad is best. 

I always put my top youngsters into my first team squad and make them available for the yth or under 23’s. Try and give them the game time where you can. 

I think they just get lost out on loan 

Unless the terms of the loan are very strict with a top level lower league club who will guarantee lots of match time, I would always suggest that you keep the best talent at home where you can plan and control their development

Depends where they are going on loan for me. If you are a top team and are loaning them out to the Premier League or Championship they seem to develop really well. Then you can extend the contracts of the better ones and sell them. I've not had anyone good enough to break into the first team yet, but I've made a few million selling them off.

If the loaned club have same or better facilities than yours, and you get minimal first team squad status for your player that will give 30+ games(sometimes 40+ games)

Sometimes I do more checking in loaned club first team for position of the player that will go there, is there any competition for him or he will be their 1st choice. And make sure to check their tactics too, example you do not want to loan your best prospect winger to team that play 4-4-2 diamond