FM 20 player attributes ridiculously low

Is it just me or are all of the FM players attributes way to low? I understand that they are trying to achive realism and be more strict, but a lot of the top players look ridiculous. For example in my current save there isn't a single defender in the world that has tackling over 18?!?!?! Virgil Van dijk has 16 tackling and he is by far the best defender in the world currently. Players like de bruyne, salah, van dijk etc... don't have a single 20 in their stats. Not a single player currently has dribbling, finishing or heading 20. I could go on with examples but i think everyone gets my meaning. 

You cant look at single attributes in isolation.  The player's CA is made up of a calculation of a range of attributes that are important for their on field role and it is not possible for them all to be 20 as that would disrupt the CA calculation meaning that others would have to be substantially reduced.  Any attribute at 16 or above is excellent and IMO a 20 attribute should be virtually impossible as this is saying that it is impossible to improve.

The attribute system will always have strengths and weaknesses and also remember that these figures are an opinion from the researchers and not fact.

On 20/01/2020 at 23:59, Gazda7 said:

Is it just me or are all of the FM players attributes way to low? I understand that they are trying to achive realism and be more strict, but a lot of the top players look ridiculous. For example in my current save there isn't a single defender in the world that has tackling over 18?!?!?! Virgil Van dijk has 16 tackling and he is by far the best defender in the world currently. Players like de bruyne, salah, van dijk etc... don't have a single 20 in their stats. Not a single player currently has dribbling, finishing or heading 20. I could go on with examples but i think everyone gets my meaning. 

Not a big difference but I have VVD as 17 for tackling. However winning the ball isn't just about one attribute in isolation, its a combination of Aggression, Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning as well as a number of physical attributes. So hypothetically, lets say a defender has 20 for tackling but their Decision rating is 5 - in theory when they challenge they could completely mis-time the tackle therefore negating the quality of their tackling ability.

In real life, a lot of Liverpool players win the ball back when they press as they anticipate where the opponent is going to go with the ball and/or anticipate the passing channels open to the opposition.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

Not a single player currently has dribbling, finishing or heading 20.

Huh? of course there is... but as everyone has said.. it's not about  attributes in isolation... it's the combination that makes players top notch...

Not a single player currently has dribbling, finishing or heading 20.

I mean, Messi has 20 dribbling and finishing. And passing. And technique. And agility. And balance. And decisions. And determination. And flair. And vision

You get my point. There are many with 20, but that's supposed to be pretty much perfection. Ramos has 20 heading, Neymar and Hazard have 20 dribbling, Quaresma has 20 crossing, Ederson has 20 kicking

A bunch of defenders like Ramos, Chiellini, Zabaleta, Wan-Bissaka all have at least 18 tackling so your information is wrong anyway.

On 23/01/2020 at 04:57, xturqz said:

I mean, Messi has 20 dribbling and finishing. And passing. And technique. And agility. And balance. And decisions. And determination. And flair. And vision

You get my point. There are many with 20, but that's supposed to be pretty much perfection. Ramos has 20 heading, Neymar and Hazard have 20 dribbling, Quaresma has 20 crossing, Ederson has 20 kicking

A bunch of defenders like Ramos, Chiellini, Zabaleta, Wan-Bissaka all have at least 18 tackling so your information is wrong anyway.

He's probably a couple seasons in when everyone starts to decline at 31😂😂😂