Prize Money

i am in my seconde saison in italy and i wonder why the prize money in germany for first place is 107 mio and in england only 45 mio euros and in italy 4,5 mio. i know italy is poor with money in football but i do not understand the gab between bundesliga and premier league.

so is there something wrong because i thought that premier league was the highest prize money?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb kombinat13:

i am in my seconde saison in italy and i wonder why the prize money in germany for first place is 107 mio and in england only 45 mio euros and in italy 4,5 mio. i know italy is poor with money in football but i do not understand the gab between bundesliga and premier league.

so is there something wrong because i thought that premier league was the highest prize money?

Prize money is just one part of the big money in the PL.

D7aEl6CW0AAlTsa.thumb.jpg.8080fb3233bc7e0fc15bb992719d1299.jpg

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Prize money is just one part of the big money in the PL.

D7aEl6CW0AAlTsa.thumb.jpg.8080fb3233bc7e0fc15bb992719d1299.jpg

so this is what the premier league is paying?

DFL is paying in the saison 19/20 for first place only 68 mio.
how does the prize money in FM work? because i do not understand the gab in saison 20/21 between premier league and bundesliga.

2 hours ago, kombinat13 said:

yes i know that is vary but i was wondering why it is now such a big difference. because in reality bundesliga is not even close to what the premier league is giving. or am i on a wrong track here?

You are. As far as I know, Bundesliga prize money includes television rights, so to make a fair comparison you'd need to add up prize money and television money from a PL team to compare. 

I checked Bayern (who I was playing in a save) and City (added a manager to take a quick look). City finished third in the PL, Bayern second. 

City: 135M TV revenue + 44M prize money for finishing third place
Bayern: No TV revenue + 93M prize money for finishing second

So the PL still comes out on top, by far. :)

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

You are. As far as I know, Bundesliga prize money includes television rights, so to make a fair comparison you'd need to add up prize money and television money from a PL team to compare. 

I checked Bayern (who I was playing in a save) and City (added a manager to take a quick look). City finished third in the PL, Bayern second. 

City: 135M TV revenue + 44M prize money for finishing third place
Bayern: No TV revenue + 93M prize money for finishing second

So the PL still comes out on top, by far. :)

thx. i always thought that tv revenue was always included in the prize money. in reality DFL who are giving out the prize money for the bundesliga have included the tv revenue andis still less than in the premier league. 

thats why i got confused with the fm20 prize money.

• 4 months later...

hi guys - so just confirming this. I've been promoted with Kaiserslautern into Bundesliga and BADLY need to strengthen...so it looks like there's no windfall coming my way then until the end of the first season?!

58 minutes ago, burdinho said:

hi guys - so just confirming this. I've been promoted with Kaiserslautern into Bundesliga and BADLY need to strengthen...so it looks like there's no windfall coming my way then until the end of the first season?!

basically, yeah. You'll lose money during the season in most cases until you get the money end of May.

14 hours ago, burdinho said:

Keep in my that the premier league doesn't pay out TV money before a season either, you just get the news item early. The money coming in is actually spread throughout the season on a per month basis. 

On 29/12/2019 at 07:40, kombinat13 said:

thx. i always thought that tv revenue was always included in the prize money. in reality DFL who are giving out the prize money for the bundesliga have included the tv revenue andis still less than in the premier league. 

thats why i got confused with the fm20 prize money.

Yeah, Premier League TV money is split a few ways. A portion is evenly split across all teams, another portion is split based on how many games a team is shown on TV, and the final point is "merit" based, given out based on the team standings at the end of the year.

I still remember my first time getting promoted from Championship and I was concerned because I did not get the £5m in solidarity payment which I counted on every year to put me in the black. Was worried how I'd get money for the upcoming season and if I was going to have to run in the red and hope for prize money. Then I got the notification that I was going to make like £90m in TV money and I just went "oh..."  It's totally bonkers haha.

Bundesliga have theirs set up purely as merit based, but it's also why it looks like their prize money for their poor teams looks so high. Basically just a lump sum at the end of the year.

Edited by alanschu14

• 5 months later...

I am  am curious about this.. and still have issues, because in my game about 10 years in and the prize money for La Liga is NOTHING.. while the PL is huge, so it cases a great gap in the talent and doesn't allow the less competitive La Liiga teams to advance. I found a recent image that had the La Liga payouts were closer to 60 mil.  I am hoping this will be fixed in FM21. 

865151682_ScreenShot2020-09-20at1_03_06PM.thumb.png.c1c845dd3741bfca463196784b3ab6df.png