Raware

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2028/29

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes Premier League/Ladbrokes Premier League progress/Ladbrokes Premier League fixtures : Once again, it was a three horse race for the title as we battled it out with the two Glaswegian clubs.  We couldn’t go one better than last season though as both proved to be too strong for us as we finished the season in 3rd place, meaning that we qualify for the Champions League Qualifying rounds next season.

Scottish Cup : No luck of the draw this year for us in this competition as we deservedly lost to Celtic in the Semi Final.

Betfred Cup : Once again this season Celtic ended our cup hopes as they beat us in the Semi Final of this competition too.  Revenge for our 4-0 drubbing of them in last seasons final I think.

Champions League Group D/ Champions League fixtures : I was just delighted that we made it out of a very tough group that included Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Napoli!  We never stood a chance in the 1st knockout round really as Barcelona were miles better than us and comfortably beat us 5-1 on aggregate.

Transfers : Along with the additions of Ali Chebli and Rodolphe Picard during pre-season, we made 4 further signings as Scott Thomson joined us from Hibernian for £1.3 million, Ramiro Rolon Martinez joined us from Paris Saint Germain for £4.5 million, Lucas Andrade joined us from Estudiantes (LP) for £3.5 million and Kieran Foster joined us from Aberdeen for £150k which took our season spending to £15.75 million.

Squad : While for the first time in 2 seasons we didn’t pick up any silverware, I felt that we actually improved as a squad and got closer to both Rangers and Celtic in terms of squad quality and depth.  The players were a bit slow to start the season as we managed to win games by the odd goal up until December time but after Christmas they seemed to hit form as they started to find their goal scoring boots.  Billy Campbell finished as the clubs top scorer again as he netted 22 times while Paul Logue also hit double figures as he scored 12 times.  Craig Mackintosh chipped in with 10 goals for the season while Rodolphe Picard had  fantastic debut season for us as he picked up both the Scottish Young Player of the Year award and the Football Writers Young Player of the Year award.  We also said farewell to a club legend as Jack Thomson left the club after spending 9 seasons with us in which he became our all time record appearance holder with 261 league appearances.  While it was disappointing to see him go, there’s no room for sentiment if we want to continue pushing to be the best club in Scotland and unfortunately, he just wasn’t able to perform at the highest level any more.

Finances : Our finances are very secure now and we’re actually classed as a rich club now :D

My views of the season… : For just the 3rd time in the 10 seasons that I’ve been at Edinburgh City, we didn’t pick up any silverware this season as we finished 3rd in the league, reached the Semi Finals of both the Scottish Cup and Betfred Cup and reached the 1st knockout stage of the Champions League…and yet I still feel like it’s been a really successful season for us as I think we edged further away from both Hearts and Hibs, which was the first aim of this save, while we also edged closer to Rangers and Celtic in terms of club progression and squad strength and depth.  Plans to build our new stadium have also been given the green light and we’ll be moving into the new imaginatively named ‘Edinburgh City Stadium’ in 2032 while the board also announced that our youth facilities will once again be upgraded.

My aims for next season… : I think we’re in a very good position now to continuously finish above both Hearts and Hibs if we can keep the core players of the squad together and continue to play the football that we’re producing.  If I’m honest, after the last 4 seasons that has seen us finish in the top 3 of the SPL, next seasons aim has to be trying to break the Old Firm now.  For us to do this though, we need to make sure that we’re picking up more points against the ‘lower ranked’ teams in the league as this is where I think we’ve lost points over the last few seasons and we’ll also definitely need to bring in quality signings next season rather than quantity.

Career Summary

Season     Team          	League          	   Position       Champions League   	Europa League	Scottish Cup	 Betfred Cup	Tunnocks Wafer Cup     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City    	Ladbrokes League 2     	     1st          -                     -               5th round	 Semi Final	Quarter Final	       League Champions
2020/21	   Edinburgh City	Ladbrokes League 1	     2nd       	  -                     -               Quarter Final	 2nd round	Semi Final	       -
2021/22	   Edinburgh City	Ladbrokes League 1	     1st       	  -                     -               4th round	 Semi Final	Quarter Final	       League Champions
2022/23    Edinburgh City	Ladbrokes Championship	     4th          -                     -               Quarter Final	 2nd round	Winners		       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2023/24	   Edinburgh City	Ladbrokes Championship       2nd          -                     -               Quarter Final	 Semi Final	Winners		       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2024/25    Edinburgh City	Ladbrokes Championship	     1st          -                     -               5th round        2nd round	Semi Final	       League Champions
2025/26	   Edinburgh City       Ladbrokes Premier League     3rd          -                     -               Runners up       Semi Final     -                      -
2026/27    Edinburgh City       Ladbrokes Premier League     2nd          -                     Semi Final      Semi Final       Winners        -                      Betfred Cup Winners
2027/28    Edinburgh City       Ladbrokes Premier League     2nd          1st knockout round    -               Winners          Winners        -                      Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2028/29    Edinburgh City       Ladbrokes Premier League     3rd          1st knockout round    -               Semi Final       Semi Final     -                      -

Trophy Cabinet

Ladbrokes League 2 Winners    - 2019/20
Ladbrokes League 1 Winners    - 2021/22
Ladbrokes Championship Winners - 2024/25
Tunnocks Wafer Cup	      - 2022/23, 2023/24
Betfred Cup                   - 2026/27, 2027/28
Scottish Cup                  - 2027/28

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2029/30

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes Premiership : Board expectation - Qualify for the Champions League : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 12)

Cup expectations

Scottish Cup : Final

Betfred Cup : Final

Champions League : Group Stage

Transfer budget : £30 million - (last season : £10 million later raised to £15 million)

Wage budget : £310k p/w - (last season : £140k)

Current wage bill : £250k p/w - (last season : £122k)

Season tickets sold : 2198 - (+160 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : Once again the media are predicting us to finish behind Rangers and Celtic in the league while the board are expecting us to finish in the top 3 too.  This is our minimum expectation now as I think we have surpassed Hearts and Hibs in terms of club size and quality of squad and we should now be looking to break the Old Firm over the next few years.  It’s not going to be an easy task though so I’ve spent most of the hefty £30 million :eek: that the board have given me by bringing in Johnny Curry from Celtic on a free transfer, Craig Clark from Rangers on a free transfer after spending the last 2 seasons on loan with us, Dennis Gray from Newcastle United on a free transfer, Come Boissinot from Rennes on a free transfer, Ethan Mouchel from Napoli on a free transfer, Aurelien Leroux from Nice for £2.5 million and Ignacio Puljic from Belgrano for £4 million…who left just 24 days later!

Most of our transfer budget though was spent on what I think could be 3 key signings for us over the next few years as wonderkid Nana Tetteh joined us from Arsenal on a free transfer, another wonderkid Philippe Le Roux joined us from Juventus (or Zebre as they’re known on this seasons FM) for £7 million and another wonderkid Einar Sigporsson (many of you old CM/FM’ers like me will be familiar with the name Sigporsson from classic Championship Manager) joined us from Sparta Prague for a club record £14.25 million!

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2029/30

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes Premier League/Ladbrokes Premier League progress/Ladbrokes Premier League fixtures : We did it! :D  We finally did it! :D We managed to secure the title after 4 years of coming close!  While Rangers fell away towards the end of the season, Celtic pushed us all the way as we clinched the title with 3 games remaining. 

Scottish Cup : We simply failed to turn up as Rangers comfortably beat us 3-0 in the Quarter Final.

Betfred Cup : Our 3rd victory in this cup as it’s fast becoming a favourite competition of ours.  A nice run to the final saw us somewhat surprisingly rout Celtic 4-0!

Champions League Group D/ Champions League fixtures : When the group draw was made, I was left bemoaning our luck as we were drawn in Group D alongside Man City and Real Madrid, so I didn’t hold any hope of making it out of the group stage.  However, some fantastic results which included draws at both the Etihad and the Bernabeu and a win at home against the Spanish giants saw us finish 2nd in the group which left us facing Inter Milan in the 1st knockout stage.  We actually beat them a few years ago in the group stage so I was quietly optimistic about repeating that and we did as we progressed 4-1 on aggregate.  Having drawn Barcelona in the Quarter Finals though, who actually knocked us out of the competition last year, I was less optimistic and that was proven to be right as they beat us 1-0 in both legs to go on and actually win the Champions League. 

Transfers : Along with the additions of Johnny Curry, Craig Clark, Dennis Gray, Come Boissinot, Ethan Mouchel, Aurelien Leroux, Ignacio Puljic, Nana Tetteh, Philippe Le Roux and Einar Sigporsson during pre-season, I also brought in 3 more players in the January transfer window as Adilson Canete joined us from Cerro Porteno for £875k, Scott Docherty joined us from Aberdeen for £3 million and Jacques Joly joined us from Rennes for £3.9 million, which took our season spending to £35.5 million!  We did recoup £21 million over the course of the season and most of that was through the departure of Mitchell Harrison who moved to Southampton in January for £12 million after spending 4 seasons with us.

Squad : I said last season that despite us not picking up any silverware, I felt that we actually improved as a squad and got closer to both Rangers and Celtic in terms of squad quality and squad depth and that was proven this year as we went one better and beat both of them to the title :D.  There’s no doubt that obviously the new additions to the squad improved us but most notably it was Nana Tetteh, Philippe Le Roux and Einar Sigporsson who made the biggest difference as Tetteh shored up the defence as we only conceded 18 goals in the league, Le Roux chipped in with 14 goals and Sigporsson smashed in 25 goals in his debut season while also claiming the SPL Top goal scoreraward, the Scottish Young Player of the Year award and the European Golden Boy award!  Nathan Kenny also had a great season for us as he formed a formidable defensive partnership with Nana Tetteh as he claimed the Football Writers Young Player of the Year award while Robert Thomson, Paul Logue, Craig Clark and Billy Campbell all hit double figures, hitting 61 goals between them! 

Finances : Despite a loss of £13.5 million through transfers this season, we’re still comfortable thanks to high gate receipts, TV money and prize money.

My views of the season… : Without a doubt our best season yet in the 11 seasons I’ve been at Edinburgh City.  Another win in the Betfred Cup, the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup and the Quarter Final of the Champions League were all fantastic achievements for us but it was the league title that I wanted after going close over the last 4 years.  To break the dominance that Rangers and Celtic have had on the SPL is no mean feat so to finally have done it and for the first time in the clubs history too is obviously very pleasing :D  We also made more progress off the field too as the board confirmed that both the training facilities and the youth facilities are to be upgraded again at a combined cost of £3.8 million.

My aims for next season… : Having claimed the title this season for the first time in the clubs history, the hardest part now will be trying to maintain that challenge as both Rangers and Celtic, with their financial clout, will strengthen over the summer and with some of our players catching the attention of some of the bigger clubs with the likes of Einar Sigporsson, Nana Tetteh, Nathan Kenny, Lucas Andrade, Philippe Le Roux and Rodolphe Picard all being closely monitored, only time will tell if we’re able to keep them and build on what we’ve achieved so far.

Career Summary

Season     Team          	League          	  Position    Champions League       Europa League    Scottish Cup     Betfred Cup     Tunnocks Wafer Cup    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 2     	    1st       -                      -                5th round	       Semi Final      Quarter Final	     League Champions
2020/21	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	    2nd       -                      -                Quarter Final    2nd round       Semi Final	     -
2021/22	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	    1st       -                      -                4th round	       Semi Final      Quarter Final	     League Champions
2022/23    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	    4th       -                      -                Quarter Final    2nd round       Winners		     Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2023/24	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship        2nd       -                      -                Quarter Final    Semi Final      Winners		     Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2024/25    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	    1st       -                      -                5th round        2nd round       Semi Final	     League Champions
2025/26	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      3rd       -                      -                Runners up       Semi Final      -                     -
2026/27    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      2nd       -                      Semi Final       Semi Final       Winners         -                     Betfred Cup Winners
2027/28    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      2nd       1st knockout round     -                Winners          Winners         -                     Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2028/29    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      3rd       1st knockout round     -                Semi Final       Semi Final      -                     -
2029/30    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      1st       Quarter Final          -                Quarter Final    Winners         -                     League Champions, Betfred Cup Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Ladbrokes League 2 Winners     - 2019/20
Ladbrokes League 1 Winners     - 2021/22
Ladbrokes Championship Winners - 2024/25
Ladbrokes Premier League       - 2029/30
Tunnocks Wafer Cup	       - 2022/23, 2023/24
Betfred Cup                    - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2029/30
Scottish Cup                   - 2027/28

Edited by Raware

On 10/04/2020 at 18:24, kidthekid said:

Fantastic season, both in the league and in Europe.

Thanks @kidthekid :thup: Pleased with the league title especially as we're the first team other than Rangers or Celtic to win it since 1985 when Aberdeen won it!  Europe was crazy, I'm still amazed we made it out of the group!

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2030/31

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes Premiership : Board expectation - Challenge for the Scottish Premier League title : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 12)

Cup expectations

Scottish Cup : Final

Betfred Cup : Final

Champions League : Group Stage

Transfer budget : £23 million - (last season : £30 million later raised to £35 million)

Wage budget : £461k p/w - (last season : £310k)

Current wage bill : £296k p/w - (last season : £250k)

Season tickets sold : 2574 - (+376 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : After last seasons unprecedented accomplishments, the board are expecting us to challenge for the title while the media are predicting us to once again finish 3rd, behind Rangers and Celtic.  I said at the end of last season that the hardest part now is trying to maintain challenging the big two Glaswegian clubs and much of that would depend on whether we can keep hold of our better players.  After Einar Sigporsson’s incredible debut season that saw him finish as the clubs top goal scorer while also claiming an array of awards that included the European Golden Boy award, Newcastle United came in with an offer that met his release clause and he left for St James’ Park for £21.5 million :(.  With other big clubs closely monitoring other players like Nana Tetteh, Nathan Kenny, Lucas Andrade, Philippe Le Roux and Rodolphe Picard, it remains to be seen whether they’ll stay or go just yet which will have a telling factor on how our season goes.  In preparation for that, I’ve spent £11 million of the £23 million I’ve been given and have brought in Alex Rice from Motherwell on a free transfer, Luciano Llamas from Newell’s for £3.5 million, wonderkid Romain Hauata from Manchester United for £6 million who looks like a very exciting talent and Srdjan Trajkovic for £1.5 million from Red Star who I’m hoping can fill the gap left by Einar Sigporsson.

6 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

A Tahitian wonderkid!  That is bloody brilliant.  :D

I doubt @Makoto Nakamurahas ever had one of those!

I have not! Closest was back in FM14 where I got a Timor-Leste wonderkid at Barcelona, but that was only because that's what I set my nationality to. :lol:

Romain Hauata gives me another reason to follow this thread as it progresses! :D 

Who doesn't love a Tahitian wonderkid?!?! :lol:

On 15/04/2020 at 10:37, DazRTaylor said:

A Tahitian wonderkid!  That is bloody brilliant.  :D

I doubt @Makoto Nakamurahas ever had one of those!

On 15/04/2020 at 10:45, Makoto Nakamura said:

I have not! Closest was back in FM14 where I got a Timor-Leste wonderkid at Barcelona, but that was only because that's what I set my nationality to. :lol:

Romain Hauata gives me another reason to follow this thread as it progresses! :D 

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2030/31

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes Premier League/Ladbrokes Premier League progress/Ladbrokes Premier League fixtures : We had an amazing first half of the season that saw us sit top of the league by the beginning of January after going 25 games undefeated!  The defeat to Celtic though coupled with losing some key players in the January transfer window and drawing too many games in our remaining 12 games meant that we were unable to defend our title as we finished as runners up, 8 points behind champions Celtic.

Scottish Cup : A fairly straight forward route to the final saw us claim our 2nd Scottish Cup as we beat Celtic 3-2 in the final.

Betfred Cup : After last seasons triumph in this cup, we couldn’t defend it as Rangers beat us in extra time.

Champions League Group D/ Champions League fixtures : We were surprisingly seeded 1st in the group draw which gave us more of a chance of avoiding the big clubs as we comfortably qualified from Group D which consisted of Arsenal, Monaco and Shakhtar, who we somehow smashed 8-2 and 9-2 :eek:  I didn’t hold much hope for us in the knockout stages as we drew Spanish giants Real Madrid in the 1st knockout round yet we somehow beat them, with a bit of luck, 3-2 over the two legs!  Lady luck seemed to be on our side as it started to feel a little like the Europa League as we avoided all of the big boys such as Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Manchester City, etc as we went on to beat Borussia Dortmund, Lazio and Atletico Madrid in the final, thanks to another lucky penalty to claim the Champions League trophy!!!

Transfers : Along with the additions of Alex Rice, Srdjan Trajkovic, Luciano Llamas and Romain Hauata during the summer transfer window, I added 3 more faces to the squad over the course of the season as Norbert Nemeth joined us from Granada for £800k, Marcus Palmberg joined us from Hammerby IF for £2.8 million and Martin McIntosh joined us from Fulham for a club record £16 million.  It was a lot busier going out the door for us though as my pre-season fear of losing our better players was proven to be true in the January transfer window as Nana Tetteh left for £50 million after Liverpool met his release clause, Lucas Andrade left for £19 million after Real Madrid met his release clause and Rodolphe Picard left for £50 million after Beijing met his release clause.  One other main departure was Billy Campbell who after scoring 66 goals in 161 games for us, just couldn’t reach those heights anymore so he was allowed to leave for Huddersfield Town for £7.5 million.

Squad : Any team would be weaker after losing players such as Nana Tetteh, Lucas Andrade, Rodolphe Picard and Einar Sigporsson and that seemed to be the case as we faltered in the league and eventually fell away from Celtic who went on to claim the title.  Saying that, the players did somehow, miraculously, with a lot of luck, manage to win the Champions League so the squad can’t be that weak!  Romain Hauata had a great debut season for us as he finished as the clubs top goal scorer with 22 goals…from right wing :eek: while also claiming the Scottish Young Player of the Year award and the Oceanic Footballer of the Year award.  Adilson Canete also had a great season as he hit 10 goals from midfield while also claiming the Football Writers Young Player of the Year award, as well as drumming up interest from some big European clubs :mad:.  New signing Srdjan Trajkovic went some way to filling the boots left by Einar Sigporsson as he scored 18 goals while our other striker Philippe Le Roux knocked in 19 goals for the season. 

Finances : After spending just over £30 million on players this season we’re still very comfortably sitting on a lot of money thanks mostly in part to prize money and of course player sales which amounted to £150 million! :eek:

My views of the season… : A quite strange but very successful season for us as while we failed to defend our league title, we somehow won the Champions League as well as claiming the Scottish Cup for a 2nd time.  We lost 4 of our best players and our squad became weaker yet we still picked up 2 pieces of silverware and £150 million in the process!  While winning the Champions League was obviously an aim of mine, I never thought it would come so soon and so unexpectedly and if I’m honest, I don’t know if it will arrive again given the quality of a lot of European clubs.  But we’ll make the most of it and certainly enjoy being the Champions of Europe…even if we’re not the Champions of Scotland. 

My aims for next season… : The title will obviously be the main aim for next season and the board have already outlined that they expect us to win the league so I’m not sure how much leniency I have with them as it’ll be tough breaking the dominance of Rangers and Celtic.  They’re also expecting us to win both the Scottish Cup and the Betfred Cup…so they’re not expecting a lot!  Maybe our over achievements have come back to bite us in the backside?  As for the Champions League, there’s no way that we’re going to get the luck of both the draw and the luck in games that we had this season so to get out of the group stages will be an achievement for us.  I’m under no illusion that what we did this season was a complete fluke and as I said, I’m not even sure if we’ll be able to win the Champions League again.

Career Summary

Season     Team          	League          	  Position    Champions League       Europa League    Scottish Cup     Betfred Cup     Tunnocks Wafer Cup    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 2     	    1st       -                      -                5th round	       Semi Final      Quarter Final	     League Champions
2020/21	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	    2nd       -                      -                Quarter Final    2nd round       Semi Final	     -
2021/22	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	    1st       -                      -                4th round	       Semi Final      Quarter Final	     League Champions
2022/23    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	    4th       -                      -                Quarter Final    2nd round       Winners		     Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2023/24	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship        2nd       -                      -                Quarter Final    Semi Final      Winners		     Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2024/25    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	    1st       -                      -                5th round        2nd round       Semi Final	     League Champions
2025/26	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      3rd       -                      -                Runners up       Semi Final      -                     -
2026/27    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      2nd       -                      Semi Final       Semi Final       Winners         -                     Betfred Cup Winners
2027/28    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      2nd       1st knockout round     -                Winners          Winners         -                     Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2028/29    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      3rd       1st knockout round     -                Semi Final       Semi Final      -                     -
2029/30    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      1st       Quarter Final          -                Quarter Final    Winners         -                     League Champions, Betfred Cup Winners
2030/31    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League      2nd       Winners                -                Winners          Semi Final      -                     Champions League Winners, Scottish Cup Winners

Trophy Cabinet

UEFA Champions League            - 2030/31
Ladbrokes Premier League Winners - 2029/30
Ladbrokes Championship Winners   - 2024/25
Ladbrokes League 1 Winners       - 2021/22
Ladbrokes League 2 Winners       - 2019/20
Tunnocks Wafer Cup	         - 2022/23, 2023/24
Betfred Cup                      - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2029/30
Scottish Cup                     - 2027/28, 2030/31

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Champions League winners. :eek:

Very very well done.

I know! :eek: I'm as surprised as you!

Just now, KDR73 said:

Winning the CL with them is kind of a 'Thank you and goodnight' achievement.

Very well done, though. :applause:

I think we got extremely lucky in the draw as after a very lucky aggregate win against Real Madrid, we avoided all of the big boys of Europe as we met Dortmund, Lazio and Atletico on our way to the cup. Not exactly Europe's elite but I'll take it!  Felt a bit like when Leicester won the league because of Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea, etc messing up :lol:

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2031/32

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes Premiership : Board expectation - Win the Scottish Premier League title : Media expectation - 1st (out of 12)

Cup expectations

Scottish Cup : Win it

Betfred Cup : Win it

Champions League : 1st knockout stage

European Super Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £110 million - (last season : £23 million later raised to £31 million)

Wage budget : £550k p/w - (last season : £461k)

Current wage bill : £536k p/w - (last season : £296k)

Season tickets sold : 3246 - (+672 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : The board are expecting everything this year :eek: as they’re wanting us to win the league, the Scottish Cup and the Betfred Cup while the media are also predicting us to finish 1st in the league.  I think they’re tough expectations as Rangers and Celtic are still the biggest clubs in Scotland and they won’t be rolling over easily.  In order for us to achieve those targets though I’ve spent £105…yes, £105 million of the transfer budget I was given as I brought in 10 new players after I sent my scouts on a scouting mission of South America.  In come Sinisa Vukicevic from Fortuna Sittard for £15 million, Jack Donald from Celtic for £600k, wonerkid Juan David Angulo from Atletico Nacional for £2 million, Edgardo Aversano from Boca Juniors for £7.5 million, Gaston Barone and Fabian Orellana both from Velez for a combined total of £14.5 million, wonderkid Diego from Internacional for £18.5 million, another wonderkid Roberto Arroz also from Internacional for a club record £23 million, Dhiego de Freitas from Botofogo for £15.75 million and Juan Parra from Los Angeles FC for £8.5 million which leaves our squad with a very South American feel to it :cool:.  While we did splash the cash this summer, we also offset that by raising £46.5 million with the departures of most notably Ethan Mouchel to Mainz 05 for £10 million, Josh Mitchell to Bologna for £7.5 million, Dennis Gray to Chelsea after they met his £19.5 million release clause and Barry Topley to Cardiff for £7.5 million.

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2031/32

8dKSN8A.png

Same old as despite an improvement in our youth development, youth facilities and youth recruitment, our youth intake was another disappointing one as all youth candidates were released.

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2031/32

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes Premier League/Ladbrokes Premier League progress/Ladbrokes Premier League fixtures : After losing our league title last season, we made amends by claiming it this season for the 2nd time in our history as we finished 21 points ahead of Celtic while remaining undefeated all season too!  While we obviously won the league at a canter, we were helped in the fact that both Rangers and Celtic had terrible seasons as they lost 19 games between them! :eek:  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a poor season from either of the Glaswegian clubs!

Scottish Cup : A repeat of last seasons final as we once again beat Celtic, this time 1-0 as we claimed our 3rd Scottish Cup.

Betfred Cup : A 2-0 win against Hearts in the final was enough to give us our 4th Betfred Cup.

Champions League Group E/ Champions League fixtures : I knew it was going to be a really tough ask for us to defend this trophy after last seasons unbelievable achievement and that proved to be the case as Manchester United beat us in the Quarter Final as they went on to claim the Champions League this season.

European Super Cup : We claimed our first ever European Super Cup after a pretty much straight forward win over Monaco in the final.

Transfers : After our summer influx of South Americans that saw Juan David Angulo, Edgardo Aversano, Gaston Barone, Fabian Orellana, Diego, Roberto Arroz, Dhiego de Freitas and Juan Parra join us as well as Sinisa Vukicevic and Jack Donald, we added one more player to our ranks as another South American joined us as Chiquinho joined us from Flamengo for £22 million, which took our seasons spending to £127 million! :eek:

Squad : Our squad is looking very South American and a very strong one at that after the new additions this season as they claimed a clean sweep of domestic trophies.  Much of that was down to our Tahitian wonderkid Romain Hauata who smashed in 33 goals in all competitions while also claiming the Oceanic Footballer of the Year award for a 2nd successive season, the Scottish Young Player of the Year award for a 2nd successive season and the Football Writers Young Player of the Year award.  Paul Le Roux also hit double figures for the season as he netted 16 times while Fabian Orellana and Matthew Henry also joined in on the goal scoring fun as they scored 24 goals between them.

Finances : Gone is the £150 million that we had this time last year as we have just under £8 million.  Much of our worth is in our players though as we have a squad value of almost £550 million! 

My views of the season… : While we couldn’t defend our European crown this season (not that I was expecting us to), it was another very successful season for us as we claimed a clean sweep of domestic trophies that included the SPL, the Scottish Cup and the Betfred Cup, completed an undefeated season in the league and claimed our first ever European Super Cup trophy!  We also received news that our long awaited move to our new stadium had been completed so at least we’ll be playing in front of crowds bigger than 5,000 next season!

While it all looks rosy from the outside though, I get the feeling that things are becoming unsettled in the squad as no less than 11 players that include Nathan Kenny, Juan Parra, Diego, Adilson Canete, Roberto Arroz and our star man Romain Hauata are making noises about moving to bigger clubs and I’m unsure that we’ll be able to keep hold of our best players as we just can’t afford to give them the big wages that they are wanting.  Some big European clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, both Manchester Clubs, Bayern Munich and Juventus are circling and I’d be surprised if any of those players will be with us next season :(

My aims for next season… : After completing a clean domestic sweep of trophies this season and also claiming a very surprising Champions League title last season, as well as completing the challenge of this save by ‘Breaking Auld Reekie a few years ago and now overtaking both Rangers and Celtic as the biggest club in Scotland, I’m not sure what is left for me to do at Edinburgh City.  I’ve grown the club from Ladbrokes League 2 to Champions of Scotland and Europe in 13 years and I’m feeling like it may be time to move on now.  Couple that with the fact that I’m almost certain that we’ll be losing most of our best players in the summer, I’m starting to think…”should I walk now on a high, before things start to spiral?”...

...I’ll maybe wait and see what happens in the summer I think…

Career Summary

Season     Team          	League          	    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 2     	      1st       League Champions
2020/21	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	      2nd       -
2021/22	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	      1st       League Champions
2022/23    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	      4th       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2023/24	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship          2nd       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2024/25    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	      1st       League Champions
2025/26	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        3rd       -
2026/27    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Betfred Cup Winners
2027/28    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2028/29    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        3rd       -
2029/30    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        1st       League Champions, Betfred Cup Winners
2030/31    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Champions League Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2031/32    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        1st       League Champions, European Super Cup Winners, Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners

Trophy Cabinet

UEFA Champions League        - 2030/31
European Super Cup           - 2031/32
Ladbrokes Premier League     - 2029/30, 2031/32
Ladbrokes Championship       - 2024/25
Ladbrokes League 1           - 2021/22
Ladbrokes League 2           - 2019/20
Tunnocks Wafer Cup           - 2022/23, 2023/24
Betfred Cup                  - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2029/30, 2031/32
Scottish Cup                 - 2027/28, 2030/31, 2031/32

Edited by Raware

So…while I’m obviously disappointed to leave Edinburgh City, a club that I’ve grown from Ladbrokes League 2 to Scottish and European Champions, the offer to manage my country was just too good an opportunity to turn down!

The main aim of this save was to break the dominance that both Hearts and Hibs had on Edinburgh (Breaking Auld Reekie) and to then break the dominance that Rangers and Celtic had on Scottish football.  I think I can safely walk away knowing that I’ve broken both of those strangleholds as I venture into unknown territory now. 

From here, I’ll be continuing the save with no real aims other than to just see where this save will take me.  I’ve made slight alterations to the original leagues that were loaded as I’ve disabled the Northern Irish, Republic of Ireland and Welsh leagues as I have a bigger reputation now that won’t see me moving to those leagues and I’ve kept the English, Scottish and French leagues loaded as well as adding the Spanish, German and Italian leagues to the save, so…I’ll guess I’ll see where I end up. 

If there are any suggestions as to an aim I could introduce to the save, it’s certainly something I’d like to hear and consider :D.  In the mean time…1966 has been too long and I’m feeling like a geriatric Baddiel and Skinner need to come out of retirement with a new version of Three Lions for the World Cup in 2034!

Edited by Raware

England - Pre-Season 2032

KUkQC5e.png

Expectations

European Nations League : Board expectation - Not important

2032 Fixtures

My views for the season ahead… : I join England after an awful European Championships saw them dumped out by Serbia on penalties (again!) in the 2nd round which led to Juan Carlos Oliva losing his job.  We’ve got the European Nations League to concentrate on this season in which we’ve been placed in Group 2 alongside Switzerland, Serbia and France and while the FA don’t consider this as an important competition, I’ll be taking it seriously to help us build for the World Cup in 2 years time.  We’ve got a very strong squad which I think is very capable of pushing for at least the latter stages of major competitions and it has a good mix of youth and experience with the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood now the elder statesmen in the team with Jude Bellingham leading as the captain. 

Edited by Raware

England - Season Review 2032

KUkQC5e.png

European Nations League Group 2/European Nations League Group 2 fixtures : The FA didn’t regard this competition as important but I chose to use it as an opportunity to build an England squad ready for the World Cup in 2 years time.  It was by no means an easy group as Serbia could beat anyone on their day and France are ranked 4th in the world so they’re one of the best teams in the world.  We easy dispatched of both Serbia and Switzerland in both our home and away games while my most pleasing moment in my very early stages of my England managerial career came as we smashed the French 5-0 at Wembley as we finished the group as winners and qualify for the Semi Final where we’ll meet Spain.

Squad : It’s a very strong and experienced squad of players that I have with an average age of 28 as they qualified from a tough group that included France which means that we’ll be playing in the European Nations League Semi Final next summer.  The squad has enormous ability but Jude Billingham, Mark Berry and Lewis Shaw were our key players as those 3 hit 12 goals between them, with Lewis Shaw scoring 5 goals of those goals.

My views of the season… : While I’ve only had the England job for 6 months, I couldn’t have asked for a better start as we qualified from a tough group, finishing top with 5 wins and a draw and keeping 5 clean sheets in the process!

My aims for next season… : We’ll obviously be appearing in the Semi Final of the European Nations League next season and while the FA don’t view the competition as important, it’d be nice to pick up some silverware and get us into the ‘winning competitions’ mentality.  The draw for the World Cup Qualifying Section Group Stage was also made as we find ourselves drawn in Group 9 alongside Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway and Ukraine.  It’s not a particularly difficult group and it’s one that we should be qualifying from with only Norway that could possibly cause us any problems.

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 2     	      1st       League Champions
2021/22	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes League 1	      1st       League Champions
2022/23    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	      4th       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2023/24	   Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship          2nd       Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners
2024/25    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Championship	      1st       League Champions
2026/27    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Betfred Cup Winners
2027/28    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2029/30    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        1st       League Champions, Betfred Cup Winners
2030/31    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        2nd       Champions League Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2031/32    Edinburgh City     Ladbrokes Premier League        1st       League Champions, European Super Cup Winners, Betfred Cup Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2032       England            -                               -         -

Trophy Cabinet

England - Pre-Season 2033

KUkQC5e.png

Expectations

European Nations League : Board expectation - Not important

World Cup European Qualifying Section : Qualify from the group stage

2033 Fixtures

My views for the season ahead… : As I touched upon in last seasons review, while the FA don’t view the European Nations League as important, it’d be nice to pick up some silverware and get us into the ‘winning competitions’ mentality.  It won’t be easy though as we face Spain in the Semi Final and if we can beat them, we’ll face either Portugal or Italy which again, won’t be easy!  As for our World Cup qualifying campaign, we should qualify from the group with only Norway that could potentially cause us any problems.  With the squad that we have though, we should be looking forward to qualifying and appearing at the 2034 World Cup in Japan.

Just read through the thread, great stuff at Edinburgh City. I'm doing a similar save a the moment with Spartans in the Lowland League.

Looking forward to see how you progress with England, how have they fared in the save so far? 

8 hours ago, ellzo said:

Just read through the thread, great stuff at Edinburgh City. I'm doing a similar save a the moment with Spartans in the Lowland League.

Looking forward to see how you progress with England, how have they fared in the save so far? 

Cheers :thup: How are you getting on with taking Spartans to the SPL?

England had a couple of wins in the Nations League in 2021 and 2023 but other than that, they've achieved nothing other than reaching the Quarter Final in a couple of World Cups and Euro's.

1 hour ago, cerud said:

Happy to read a great career. I remember when I posted on here, I modeled the format after yours. Hope qualifiers go well!

Thanks @cerud :thup: I remember some of your saves fondly.  I haven't posted in here for a few years either due to real life, etc but obviously we've got a bit of spare time at the minute which has reignited my FM love :D

I always like a simple format for my threads which is easy to read.  Although I may decide to change it for my next save...perhaps something similar to my very first post in here back in 2008/09 :)

England - Season Review 2033

KUkQC5e.png

European Nations League : We were drawn against Spain who are ranked as the world’s best team in the Semi Final of this competition so I knew that it was going to be a tough ask to get past them if we were to win this competition.  We probably edged the game overall but we couldn’t be separated as the game finished 3-3 after extra time.  Unfortunately for us, the nations penalty curse seemed to come back and haunt us once again :( as Spain beat us on penalties as they went onto the final.  That left us with a meaningless 3rd place playoff against Italy, which we won 3-1, but it was no real consolation.

World Cup European Qualifying Section Group 9/World Cup European Qualifying Section Group 9 fixtures : Our only aim was to ensure that we qualified from this group and with the likes of Norway, Ukraine, Iceland and Luxembourg in our group, I was fairly confident that we could do that…and that was the case as we won all 8 games, scoring 49 goals in the process to win the group and book our place at the 2034 World Cup.

Squad : There wasn’t a lot of change in our squad as the main core of it stayed the same throughout the season.  We have a lot of quality but our captain Jude Billingham was our star player as he lead by example by smashing in 8 goals in 7 games.  Mark Berry also had a great year for us as he grabbed himself 7 goals to claim a stake as our number one striker while Bukayo Saka also scored his fair share as he scored 7 goals too.

My views of the season… : Our main objective was to qualify for the 2034 World Cup and we did that with ease as we topped our group, winning 8 out of 8.  Perhaps, a little disappointment came in the European Nations League as I felt that we had enough quality to win it and we probably deserved to beat Spain in the Semi Final, but once again, penalties came back to haunt us :(

My aims for next season… : We’ll be appearing at the World Cup next year so our aim will be to go as far as we can in the competition.  We’ve been drawn in Group M along with China and Jamaica who are ranked 32nd and 57th respectively so we’ll be expected to qualify from the group with ease and make it to the latter stages of the knockout rounds. 

*Previous Club watch* : Edinburgh City - Had a successful season since my departure as they won the SPL, 5 points ahead of Celtic while also winning the Scottish Cup after beating Dundee United in the final.  As I suspected though, they lost a lot of players during the summer as Marcus Palmberg left for Tottenham for £28 million, Juan Parra left for West Ham for £15 million, Romain Hauata left for Barcelona for £38 million, Paul Logue left for Getafe for £6.25 million, Norbert Nemeth left for Hertha Berlin for £11.25 million, Matthew Henry left for Leverkusen for £9.25 million and Robert Ghevondyan left for Norwich for £18.75 million, which makes me feel that I definitely left Edinburgh City at the right time!

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2033       England            -                               -         -

Trophy Cabinet

14 hours ago, Raware said:

scoring 49 goals in the process to win the group

Not a bad haul, imagine its probably some kind of record. Are you finding this a lot quicker just managing the international side? Do you miss the amount of fixtures you had before? Never really got into a international save.

16 hours ago, Raware said:

Cheers :thup: How are you getting on with taking Spartans to the SPL?

Just got into League 2, wont be facing cross city rivals Edinburgh CIty as they just got promoted to league 1.

3 hours ago, ellzo said:

Not a bad haul, imagine its probably some kind of record. Are you finding this a lot quicker just managing the international side? Do you miss the amount of fixtures you had before? Never really got into a international save.

Just got into League 2, wont be facing cross city rivals Edinburgh CIty as they just got promoted to league 1.

Ooh, I'm not sure about being a record but it's a lot of goals :D It is a lot quicker and it is nice to whizz through the years.  I do miss the micro management of club football but I can sometimes be too meticulous down to every last detail so it's nice to play the game quickly for a change.  I don't think I could play just an international save though as I do like to control things like building a club or transfers :)

Give it another couple of years then and you'll be joining Edinburgh City!

England - Pre-Season 2034

KUkQC5e.png

Expectations

World Cup - Quarter Final

European Nations League - Not important

2034 Fixtures

My views for the season ahead… : We’ve got the World Cup in Japan to look forward to this year as we’ve been drawn alongside China and Jamaica in Group M.  We should qualify from the group with ease and I’ll be looking for us to at least make the Quarter Finals, as will the FA.  We have a few friendlies leading up to the World Cup, which I’ll be using to get a good idea of which players I’ll be taking to the World Cup while we’ll also have the draw for the European Nations League sometime in Spring, of which we reached the Semi Final of last year.

World Cup 2034 Special

KUkQC5e.png   GVuvHTh.png

So after qualifying from Group 9 of our World Cup European Qualifying Section, we drawn in Group M alongside China and Jamaica.

Group Stage

Our opening game of our group went as good as we could’ve hoped for as we smashed 5 past China to qualify from our group after just one game!

J1ANdUj.png

Our 2nd and last game of the group stage saw another resounding win as we put 4 past Jamaica...

droHPDV.png 

…which confirmed our position as Group M winners…

hzEqy7E.png

…where we’ll meet Norway in the 2nd round.  While I’m taking nothing for granted, we do seem to be on the favourable side of the draw as we could potentially not meet any of the ‘big nations’ until the Semi Final where we could meet either Spain, Holland, Argentina or Belgium.  Of course, we have to get past Norway first and then make our way past either Peru, Mexico, Turkey, Uzbekistan, South Korea or Colombia. 

nMWlhUF.png

World Cup 2034 Special

2nd round

The 2nd round saw us draw Norway, who were actually in our Qualifying Section group.  We comfortably beat them 2-0 and 4-0 in those qualifying games but it wasn’t as easy this time around as they pushed us all the way to penalties where, it seemed that our penalty curse had been lifted as we beat them 5-4 on penalties…

66uuaqC.png

…as we progressed to the 3rd round

8YAczNb.png

World Cup 2034 Special

3rd round

We met Peru in the 3rd round where I took a bit of a risk by deciding to rest my first choice eleven.  While we dominated for much of the game, it wasn’t as easy as I would’ve liked as it took a goal from our left back in the 55th to seal our passage into the Quarter Final…

mXBgBY6.png

…where we’ll meet Colombia.

yA9kXgO.png

World Cup 2034 Special

Quarter Final

As I mentioned earlier, I felt that we were on the more favourable side of the draw and while Colombia are a good side, I was fairly confident that we had enough quality to see them off so I took a similar risk to our game against Peru by continuing to rest my first choice eleven, to hopefully give us an advantage in terms of fitness for the Semi Final against either Belgium or Spain.  Of course, we had to beat Colombia first and thanks to an extra time winner from Jude Bellingham, my risk had paid off…

3WZ5wnL.png

…as we’ll meet Spain in the Semi Final, where hopefully we will have that fitness advantage.

K7Wmiqk.png

World Cup 2034 Special

Semi Final

We met Spain in the World Cup Semi Final, who beat us in the Nations League Semi Final last year and while my risk of resting players in the Quarter Final did look as if it was paying off, an extremely dubious penalty in the 18th minute was all that separated us and Spain as they got that all important goal to once again break English hearts in a Semi Final of a major international competition :(

jHZcyku.png

World Cup 2034 Special

3rd/4th place playoff

The game that nobody wants to play saw us meet Italy in the 3rd/4th place playoff as it was a repeat of our 3rd/4th place playoff of the Nations League last year.  Goals from Phil Foden, Gavin Tomlinson and a brace from captain Jude Bellingham were enough to hammer the Italians 4-0 but once again, it was no real consolation.  There wasn’t even a consolation for us in the final as despite our victors Spain losing, it was Ze Germans who beat them…

0gJYLpd.png

CcEzHAa.png

…as they claimed their 5th World Cup

D5Og3Qr.png

Edited by Raware

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Ouch. :(

I know :( We were the better side too and the penalty that eventually won it for them, was a very dubious decision!  Hard to take but I suppose we can be pleased that we made it as far as we did.

England - Season Review 2034

KUkQC5e.png

Friendlies : We had 3 friendlies this year in the lead up to the World Cup as I chose to warm up against teams from Asia as 1) the World Cup was in Japan this year and 2) we drew China in our World Cup Group so a game against them could give us an idea of where we stand in terms of quality and comparison of teams.

World Cup Group M/World Cup fixtures : As you saw from the World Cup Special updates, we surpassed the FA’s expectation of reaching the Quarter Finals as we made it all the way to the Semi Final.  Unfortunately though, it was more Semi Final heartache for us as a very dubious penalty meant that it was Spain who progressed to the final, where they lost to ze Germans who claimed their 5th World Cup.

European Nations League Group 2/European Nations League fixtures : A pretty straight forward qualification campaign for us in this competition as we finished above Turkey, France and Finland to win the group and progress to the Semi Final where we’ll meet our old enemy, Germany.

Squad : We had a few new faces make the step up to senior level as Keith Askey, Emmanuel Appiah, Jason Wharton and Ross Cadman cemented their places in the squad but it was our experienced players who made the biggest impact this year for us as Phil Foden finished as our top scorer with 8 goals and Tom Davidson chipped in with 7 goals while Trent Alexander-Arnold became the country’s record appearance holder as he gained his 140th cap.

My views of the season… : Despite the obvious disappointment of losing in a World Cup Semi Final, I’ve got to be happy with our performance in the World Cup.  The FA wanted us to reach the Quarter Final and we surpassed that as we were unlucky not to make it to the final.  We also had a great Nations League qualifying campaign as well as we won all of our games and will meet Germany in the Semi Final next year.

My aims for next season… : We’ll obviously have our Nations League Semi Final against Germany and while the FA don’t regard that competition as important, I’ll be looking for us to get one over our old enemy and make amends for our Semi Final defeat to Spain 2 years ago.  The draw for the 2036 European Championships was also made as we were drawn in Group F alongside Finland, Albania, Northern Ireland and Kazakhstan so I’ll be looking for us to win that group with little to no problems against far weaker teams than ourselves.  One other worthy note to mention was the World Rankings as thanks to a strong performance at the World Cup, we’ve jumped up 4 places and are now ranked 2nd in the world :D.

*Previous Club watch* : Edinburgh City - Another successful season as they retained their SPL title for a 3rd time in a row while also winning the Betfred Cup.  In terms of the shape of the squad, Diego, Dhiego de Freitas, Gaston Barone, Adilson Canete, Jack Donald, Chiquinho and Sinisa Vuckicevic are the only players left that I brought to the club so there has been a lot of change to the playing staff since my departure.

Career Summary

2033       England            -                               -         -
2034       England            -                               -         -

Trophy Cabinet