FM20 editor adding lower league

Derbylad82

28 minutes ago, Derbylad82 said:

Hi,

struggling to to work out in the FM20 pre game editor how to add lower English leagues?

anyone able to please assist here or is there a download for this anywhere? Only looking to go to level 7 or 8

Me too!

I'm happy with the game so far although I've only amassed 2-3 hours and 45 mins of that was frustratingly trying to add tier 7 leagues below conference north/south. It was only meant to be a case of making the league level active and setting the number of promotions and playoff places only to find I then couldnt change how many teams get relegated from conference north/south..  its greyed out and i have never had to mess with advanced edits etc. This is hampering me starting a save....

1 minute ago, JR866Gunner said:

Me too!

I'm happy with the game so far although I've only amassed 2-3 hours and 45 mins of that was frustratingly trying to add tier 7 leagues below conference north/south. It was only meant to be a case of making the league level active and setting the number of promotions and playoff places only to find I then couldnt change how many teams get relegated from conference north/south..  its greyed out and i have never had to mess with advanced edits etc. This is hampering me starting a save....

That is the exact same issue I’m finding. On previous editors, u are able to amend the relegated teams from the divisions above which I’m also struggling with

1 minute ago, Derbylad82 said:

That is the exact same issue I’m finding. On previous editors, u are able to amend the relegated teams from the divisions above which I’m also struggling with

Yep, same. Ive had these instructions in google keep for years and its never failed me.. until now..

I know! A new article! Who’d have thought it?!

For some, dabbling with the editor is usually restricted to changing a couple of minor little details about a club or player, or maybe even adding themselves as a player or changing an established club into something more unique. For others, it is a scary monster that is best left undisturbed.

I was in the former camp, having played around with creating clubs and fixing errors in the original database. But with the release of Football Manager 2015, I decided I’d had enough of spending 20+ hours of reloading to get Enfield Town ‘promoted’ into the playable Conference South league. It was time to do something a little more advanced: add in Tier 7 as a playable league and Tier 8 as an inactive league for purposes of relegation/promotion.

And it was a lot easier than I thought it’d be!

First things first, if you haven’t already got it, you’re going to need the editor. Go to Steam > Library and select ‘Tools’ from the dropdown menu (when you mouse hover over Library). Find the FM15 editor, and click to download.

Tier 7 – Regional Premier Leagues

This division is easy to add as it is already an inactive division in the game for promotion to/relegation from the Conference North/South leagues. The three subdivisions are already added for you, all that is required is to set the division to active, and to set the promotion, playoff and relegation numbers, as well as change the subs rule from an incorrect setting. I’ll go through it all now, step by step.

1. Once you have opened the editor, the first thing you want to do is click ‘Rules’ > ‘Add Nation Rules’. Choose ‘England’ from ‘Current Nations’ menu.

2. Select ‘Add Lower Divisions And Cups To Existing Structure’ then click ‘Finish’.

3. In the sidebar, select ‘Divisions’, then ‘English Regional Premier Divisions’. Double-click it.

4. Change the ‘Type’ from ‘Inactive Division’ to ‘League’.

5. Change the ‘Number Of Promotion Places’ to 3

6. Change the ‘Number Of Relegation Places’ to 12 if you want to add tier 8, or 0 if you do not.

7. On the sidebar, click ‘Playoffs’.

8. Click ‘Promotion Playoff’.

9. Change ‘Number Of Teams In Playoff’ to 12. (4 from each subdivision=12)

10. Change ‘Number Of Teams Promoted From Playoff’ to 3 (1 from each subdivision=3)

11. In the sidebar, click ‘Fixture Rules’ and change ‘Substitution Rules’ to ‘3 from 5’.

If you choose to only add tier 7, you’re done! I would recommend setting up tier 8 though, even if you only play in tier 7 because that way there will still be promotion from/relegation to tier 8, even if you then set it as inactive (which is what I did on my career save).

Tier 8 – Regional First Divisions

To add tier 8 we have to add the parent division and its six child competitions. For the purposes of this guide tier 8 will be as low as I’ll go, but to add tier 9 the process is the same as this.

1. From the sidebar, click ‘Divisions’. In the bottom right, click ‘Add’.

2. Choose ‘Set Type’ as ‘Contains Sub-Divisions’, then click ‘Next – Set Competition’.

3. Choose ‘Regional First Divs’, then click ‘Next – Select Sub-Divisions’.

4. Select these divisions, then click ‘Next – Settings’.

5. Change ‘Number of Promotion Places’ to 6 (six subdivisions, one automatic promotion place each=6)

6. Change ‘Number Of Relegation Places’ to 0 (Unless you’re adding Tier 9, then change it to the correct number – you’ll have to research that for yourself though)

7. Click ‘Finish’.

8. Double click ‘English Regional First Divisions’.

9. From the sidebar, choose ‘Playoffs’.

10. Click ‘Promotion Playoff’.

11. Change ‘Number Of Teams In Playoff’ to 24. (four from each subdivision, 6 subdivisions=24)

12. Change ‘Number Of Teams Promoted From Playoff’ to 6 (one from each subdivision, 6 subdivisions=6)

If you want to make tier 8 unplayable, but still be able to have relegation to/AI team promotion from it, select ‘English Regional First Divisions’ From the sidebar, and change ‘Type’ form ‘League’ to ‘Inactive Division’.

And you’re almost done! From the Top, click ‘Rules’ > ‘Test Rules’. If you followed my guide correctly, the popup will say all rules are valid. If not, check the error, and trace it back through the guide to find out where you went wrong.

NOTE: Due to a bug in the editor, you will get a popup when creating the game or loading a savegame which will say ‘Warning: Cannot find setup_discipline_rules function for rule group‘. To fix it, change to advanced rules (‘Rules’ tab on top bar), then go to discipline rules (in the sidebar under (Nation Name – in this instance England)) and delete all rules after Rule 2. Then test ALL rules. This will fix the error and will allow the game to perform properly.

There you have it! Good luck in your lower league adventures!
B

10 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

Yep, same. Ive had these instructions in google keep for years and its never failed me.. until now..

For some, dabbling with the editor is usually restricted to changing a couple of minor little details about a club or player, or maybe even adding themselves as a player or changing an established club into something more unique. For others, it is a scary monster that is best left undisturbed.

I was in the former camp, having played around with creating clubs and fixing errors in the original database. But with the release of Football Manager 2015, I decided I’d had enough of spending 20+ hours of reloading to get Enfield Town ‘promoted’ into the playable Conference South league. It was time to do something a little more advanced: add in Tier 7 as a playable league and Tier 8 as an inactive league for purposes of relegation/promotion.

First things first, if you haven’t already got it, you’re going to need the editor. Go to Steam > Library and select ‘Tools’ from the dropdown menu (when you mouse hover over Library). Find the FM15 editor, and click to download.

This division is easy to add as it is already an inactive division in the game for promotion to/relegation from the Conference North/South leagues. The three subdivisions are already added for you, all that is required is to set the division to active, and to set the promotion, playoff and relegation numbers, as well as change the subs rule from an incorrect setting. I’ll go through it all now, step by step.

1. Once you have opened the editor, the first thing you want to do is click ‘Rules’ > ‘Add Nation Rules’. Choose ‘England’ from ‘Current Nations’ menu.

2. Select ‘Add Lower Divisions And Cups To Existing Structure’ then click ‘Finish’.

3. In the sidebar, select ‘Divisions’, then ‘English Regional Premier Divisions’. Double-click it.

6. Change the ‘Number Of Relegation Places’ to 12 if you want to add tier 8, or 0 if you do not.

10. Change ‘Number Of Teams Promoted From Playoff’ to 3 (1 from each subdivision=3)

11. In the sidebar, click ‘Fixture Rules’ and change ‘Substitution Rules’ to ‘3 from 5’.

If you choose to only add tier 7, you’re done! I would recommend setting up tier 8 though, even if you only play in tier 7 because that way there will still be promotion from/relegation to tier 8, even if you then set it as inactive (which is what I did on my career save).

To add tier 8 we have to add the parent division and its six child competitions. For the purposes of this guide tier 8 will be as low as I’ll go, but to add tier 9 the process is the same as this.

2. Choose ‘Set Type’ as ‘Contains Sub-Divisions’, then click ‘Next – Set Competition’.

5. Change ‘Number of Promotion Places’ to 6 (six subdivisions, one automatic promotion place each=6)

6. Change ‘Number Of Relegation Places’ to 0 (Unless you’re adding Tier 9, then change it to the correct number – you’ll have to research that for yourself though)

7. Click ‘Finish’.

11. Change ‘Number Of Teams In Playoff’ to 24. (four from each subdivision, 6 subdivisions=24)

12. Change ‘Number Of Teams Promoted From Playoff’ to 6 (one from each subdivision, 6 subdivisions=6)

If you want to make tier 8 unplayable, but still be able to have relegation to/AI team promotion from it, select ‘English Regional First Divisions’ From the sidebar, and change ‘Type’ form ‘League’ to ‘Inactive Division’.

And you’re almost done! From the Top, click ‘Rules’ > ‘Test Rules’. If you followed my guide correctly, the popup will say all rules are valid. If not, check the error, and trace it back through the guide to find out where you went wrong.

NOTE: Due to a bug in the editor, you will get a popup when creating the game or loading a savegame which will say ‘Warning: Cannot find setup_discipline_rules function for rule group‘. To fix it, change to advanced rules (‘Rules’ tab on top bar), then go to discipline rules (in the sidebar under (Nation Name – in this instance England)) and delete all rules after Rule 2. Then test ALL rules. This will fix the error and will allow the game to perform properly.

B

Sorry if I’ve missed something here, but how does doing this on fm15 make it work for FM20? Also, The tier 7 in Fm15 has the 3 sub divisions as u mention, but FM20 has 4 sub divisions due the the recent real life changes. How do we get aro7 d that?

Edited by Derbylad82

However, The tier 7 in Fm15 has the 3 sub divisions as u mention, but FM20 has 4 sub divisions due the the recent real life changes. How do we get aro7 d that?

This is where I am stuck and getting frustrated. Every google search or Discord post I have made I have had no real answer. Some posts relate to a bug but no I am unsure..

12 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

This is where I am stuck and getting frustrated. Every google search or Discord post I have made I have had no real answer. Some posts relate to a bug but no I am unsure..

It looks like we are not alone. Looking at other threads & forums, no one else can work it out either. 

I think it might have been done on purpose so we have to buy the in game editor at £3.99

It looks like we are not alone. Looking at other threads & forums, no one else can work it out either. 

I think it might have been done on purpose so we have to buy the in game editor at £3.99

Hmm I think I shall hold out until something drops later.

15 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

7. Click ‘Finish’.

B

That’s my guide! I even referred back to it myself when I tried to add the leagues this year to make sure I wasn’t getting something wrong when it didn’t work, but ran into the issue of not being able to change N/S relegation numbers.

12 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

That’s my guide! I even referred back to it myself when I tried to add the leagues this year to make sure I wasn’t getting something wrong when it didn’t work, but ran into the issue of not being able to change N/S relegation numbers.

Hah! Brilliant! Good guide :)

I'm glad I'm not alone with this struggle.

The bug that's preventing teams in the Vanarama North and South from being relegated and Tier 7 teams being promoted in their place apparently won't be fixed with a hotfix, but with the next patch.

Some guys are saying they've figured out a workaround, but I've not seen anyone describe it - it seems to do with the advanced rules.

Screenshot 2019-11-30 14.16.58.png

How do I download and install the resource archiver?

The Resource Archiver for Football Manager 2018 can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To locate and install the program do the following;

- Open Steam

- Click ‘Library’

- Select ‘Tools’

- Find Football Manager 2020 Resource Archiver

- Right-click on the title and select ‘Install’

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Was there any fix applied to the conference north/south relegation places bug?

Yeah, there are a couple of database edits out there now that go down to Level 10.

@TheFmEditor85 (Twitter) has one that's always really good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/12/2019 at 08:40, Sean Kaye said:

Yeah, there are a couple of database edits out there now that go down to Level 10.

@TheFmEditor85 (Twitter) has one that's always really good.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I did grab a copy of this DB and have given it a spin.

• 10 months later...

Last year I fixed this by only allowing 1 club to go up from each Tier 7 and less to come down.
I think a key problem if I remember last year (and this year!) is that on release the option to change relegations is blacked out so you will have teams coming down but cant replace them

Tbh I wouldn't try anyway because as soon as you try to verify the leagues you will get errors for multiple leagues regarding minimum team involvement anyway. 
I posted in another thread my thoughts on fixing it but its a bit of a time consumer and royal pain in the backside.

Just realised this is a bit of thread necromancy (I wondered why it seemed Deja Vu with the hotfixes) Basically long story short... same as last year.

I managed to fix it within a week last year, confident I can do it again. 

Edited by NexusSix