Fm20 beta?

19 minutes ago, Lukey1988 said:

Can anyone tell me what fm20 beta is? Apparently this is available 2 weeks prior to the 19th November release date. 

It's basically the full game. I can't remember if you still can only do one season? But you can continue that save when the game is released.

41 minutes ago, Rooneye said:

It's basically the full game. I can't remember if you still can only do one season? But you can continue that save when the game is released.

There’s never been a restriction of the amount of time you can do in the beta.

It is the full game, just much more likely to have bugs in than the version that goes to full release. Some years are buggier than others. 
It gives people who preordered the opportunity to play the game, and it gives SI additional feedback for bugs.

It's the full game with no restrictions, but just hasn't been through the full bug-testing cycle. It's an effective way for SI to get as many eyes / users as possible finding the final bugs.

AFAIK it is available to those who pre-order the game and is available two weeks before full release.

6 horas atrás, Lukey1988 disse:

Can anyone tell me what fm20 beta is? Apparently this is available 2 weeks prior to the 19th November release date. 

To these days I consider beta to be the full game, just the likelihood of finding a bug is bigger. With FM19 Beta I was already playing it like a normal save.

To confirm what the others have said- the beta is the full game that is released in a not totally finalised version before the full game is released.  Users who access the beta are invited to log any issues that they have to help improve the final version.

Considering the meltdown that occurs when bugs are found in the beta, it's treated as if it's early access by most, many of which will come here to shriek hysterically whilst forgetting it's a beta.

Surely having it out for longer than two weeks would help quash issues, but my above sentiment probably explains why it isn't.

I do wish the editor was out early though. Feels like a missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Considering the meltdown that occurs when bugs are found in the beta, it's treated as if it's early access by most, many of which will come here to shriek hysterically whilst forgetting it's a beta.

Surely having it out for longer than two weeks would help quash issues, but my above sentiment probably explains why it isn't.

Last year wasn't too bad I didn't think.

I seem to remember 18 having quite a lot of UI bugs which caused a few issues on here.

Editor files often cause their own issues with the game, so it makes sense to not launch for Beta, as then they don't have to worry about which bugs are caused because stuff has been edited.

5 horas atrás, WynnZeroOne disse:

Don't get me wrong mate, but I seriously think many people treat online behavior as the same as offline behavior (face to face). While education should be a basic requirement, online and offline are not and will not be the same thing. Period. People online react in a more explosive, "hysterical" way, their opinions are usually more extreme (be it positive or negative), just like criticism is more harsh. But that's how it is. Always complaining about it like Miles do on Twitter won't change a thing. I deal with people online for almost 20 years and I have yet to trully feel I'm having problems. I just don't expect a text message from a person online to be exactly the same as if the person was in front of me trying to convey the same thought.

Edited by 99

8 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Editor files often cause their own issues with the game, so it makes sense to not launch for Beta, as then they don't have to worry about which bugs are caused because stuff has been edited.

Yes, this makes sense.

5 hours ago, 99 said:

Don't get me wrong mate, but I seriously think many people treat online behavior as the same as offline behavior (face to face). While education should be a basic requirement, online and offline are not and will not be the same thing. Period. People online react in a more explosive, "hysterical" way, their opinions are usually more extreme (be it positive or negative), just like criticism is more harsh. But that's how it is. Always complaining about it like Miles do on Twitter won't change a thing. I deal with people online for almost 20 years and I have yet to trully feel I'm having problems. I just don't expect a text message from a person online to be exactly the same as if the person was in front of me trying to convey the same thought.

None of which makes it ok to be a complete roaster about it when they are being.  SI are very clear about what the beta is.  If someone doesn't understand that, they can't just go "oh well, it's online" and start the tirade.

Just accept the beta is going to probably be a bit of a mess in parts.  That's kind of why they've made it available.

10 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

I can see why they don't release the editor, like gunner already mentioned.  They could say "we're not fixing editor things", but I expect they'll still get people raising issues for it (which will need to be consciously ignored) or will raise issues but just not say the editor has been used, which will waste time.  

Plus - and this is pure conjecture - although I think they have someone largely responsible for the editor, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on "more important" things in the run up to release.  Once the beta comes out, teams can go and firefight, giving them a little more chance to polish up the editor.  Not that they've really changed much in it in years.

And for the record, I'd also like the editor to be available, just makes sense why they wouldn't.

• FrazT locked this topic