Inside forward on their wrong foot

Has anybody had any success using an inside forward whose strongest foot is the same as the side he is playing on? A right-footed inside forward at right wing, for example?

I have a tactic at the moment which is working well, with an IF(s) on the left and W(s) on the right, both right footed. The variation on the flanks works really well, so I don't really want to move to a system with two inside forwards or two wingers. However, my youth team has a handful of really promising wide players who are left footed. I am wondering if it is viable to play a left-footed inside forward on the left.

Also, I see a lot of players with the trait 'cuts inside from both wings', which to me suggests they should be inside forward when played out wide, regardless of flank, but I don't know how that would work if the player is one-footed.

Thanks.

Once in fm18 I used Nicolas Kuhn as inside forward on left side. He is left footed and he was playing very well.  However from my observation he was much more efficient with attack duty than support duty where he was dribbling aggressively often and also he was scoring quite a lot of goals where his left footedness on left side was actually a benefit.

Of course you can play a left footed player as an inside forward on the left. He might play differently that a right footed person, but that can be a good thing as well as a bad thing.

as for the PPM of cuts inside from both wings, I like to play them as wingers. As an inside forward, they'll always be looking to cut inside with that PPM. As a winger, sometimes they'll cut inside, sometimes they'll go outside, so it leaves the defender guessing a bit and opens up more options.

An inside forward whose strongest foot is the same as the side he is playing on can be really effective on attack duty. Because of his attack duty, he is less likely to start dribbling from deeper areas, and is more likely to run onto through balls or get to the end of crosses from the opposite wing. In these situations he can deliver first time crosses/cutbacks or first time shots with his stronger foot.

Similar to @Dfs I used Nicolas Kühn as an IF on the left, on a Support duty and he was great. I'd trained him with Gets Into Opposition Area so he scored a few as well as assisting. Its kinda like a Winger who doesn't stay too wide. Maxwel Cornet as a left-footed IF-At on the left wing of my current Lyon team is performing well too.

I'm also a fan of playing wrong-footed wingers, with the Cuts Inside From Both Wings traits, which I think Rashidi has used in a few of his videos too. In this case if you had W-At at AML you'd use a right-footed player, so he'd function like an IF who doesn't always cut inside too early. 

7 hours ago, ryandormer said:

Has anybody had any success using an inside forward whose strongest foot is the same as the side he is playing on? A right-footed inside forward at right wing, for example?

Yes, I had a lot of success in FM18 playing right-footed Lucas Moura as an IF on attack in AMR. And I would use an IF on attack on the same side of the pitch as his stronger foot in FM19 as well, but the problem is that none of my current tactics employs a wide forward. However, I occasionally use an IW in this way (though the 2 roles are not entirely identical, even though they have pretty much in common).

What I also like to do sometimes is play a "natural" IF in a winger role, so as to make him act as a hybrid between the two roles.

Depending on their attributes, you can also try the Ramdeuter role instead of IF. I used it on Sessegnon in the AML position to devastating effect. However the player should be good at finishing and off the ball. 

Am 9.7.2019 um 11:28 schrieb Dfs:

Once in fm18 I used Nicolas Kuhn as inside forward on left side. He is left footed and he was playing very well.  However from my observation he was much more efficient with attack duty than support duty where he was dribbling aggressively often and also he was scoring quite a lot of goals where his left footedness on left side was actually a benefit.

I noticed the same with Lovro Majer (left footed, used as IFa on left side) in FM19.

Archived