Injuries

Am I just lucky or is the amount of injuries scaled down in FM 2019 to the degree that they are almost non-existent? In other versions of FM I remember to have plenty of injuries in match play but also during training sessions. But not anymore. At the moment I have 48 players in the club, and in the beginning of January there are zero players injured. I have had the same "problem" in other saves.

If injuries really has almost been eliminated in the game it takes away a big part of the strategy in squad building. To have depth in different positions just creates unhappy backups that will never get the chance because the first team players are always available. I would actually prefer if the level of injuries mirrored real life. 

Well, you have literally just cursed yourself, next time you turn the game on I'd expect 2 broken legs, a cruciate knee ligament and a few pulled hamstrings, all to your best players :) 

Seriously though, what team are you?  if you rotate well and don't play tired players, and sub at the right times, you can avoid a lot of injuries that way 

My team is playing the 4th level of Austria.  Maybe being semi-pro and not training every day has something to do with it. Or maybe I am a manager genius. Probably the latter, haha...

41 minutes ago, dap1987 said:

Well, you have literally just cursed yourself, next time you turn the game on I'd expect 2 broken legs, a cruciate knee ligament and a few pulled hamstrings, all to your best players :) 

There is a lot of randomness at Play, but even so: Every time I used to post that I never had what I consider an actual "Crisis" in Seasons, Nothing at all would Change. And given Karma, I fully epxected to, mind. :DAnd I barely managed a Thing.

Injuries in General are nerfed from actual Football as, to sort of Quote Miles: "Our Players prefer it to be that way." They thus prefer thei AI Clubs invetably being with most of their key Players available during most of the Season too, but don't tell them.

However, if you were to go into the Editor, and give every Player in a league high hidden Injury proneness values, the numbers would significantly rise (even above Football) across the shop.

I currently have both my wide players and their back ups out injured with 6 games of the season left to play, when we're challenging for the league title.

I think I got your share of the bad luck :p.

Having never had reason to moan about injuries, always managing my fitness through rotation and planning ahead, I now find myself in 'crisis'.

Four center backs in my first team squad, three of whom now have injuries of minimum four weeks.

Thought I was pretty well covered, so my two 'up and coming' U23s are out on loan, and the U23 backup player is also injured for anther fortnight

Raiding my U18 squad......

Fortunately, the hardest game I have coming up is Europa League vs Celtic - but a 17 yr old starter >?????

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

Having never had reason to moan about injuries, always managing my fitness through rotation and planning ahead, I now find myself in 'crisis'.

Well, it could be worse. You could have chosen to manage United on FM 2016. :D(Precisely the Kind of Scenarios that I never ever have faced on this game probably ever, even without Managing much*). 

* I realize that bad luck can still strike though. With thousands upon thousands playing this, even the least likely scenario will occur for somebody, and actually a number of Players -- just like there are actually repeat numbers being drawn at lotterys, which isn't quite as much of a miracle as people not familiar with Maths and probability may think. :D 

Users rarely remember periods when injuries are low and tend to remember the bad runs.  Over a season, they will usually level out and unless you are having more that the rest of the teams in your league, you need to just run with it when it is good and do the same when it is bad.

Archived