Creating A New Nation

alextheblaine

Hi there,

I am pretty sure this has been asked way too many times but I cannot see anything involving what I am asking for. I am wondering if I am able to create a Nation or a Continent like how you are able to with Clubs or Competitions? I already have edited the add and remove options to be visible but it is not working properly. I have thought maybe FM coded it so it is impossible to do so. However, if there is a way, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

- Alex

Edited by alextheblaine

1 hour ago, alextheblaine said:

Hi there,

I am pretty sure this has been asked way too many times but I cannot see anything involving what I am asking for. I am wondering if I am able to create a Nation or a Continent like how you are able to with Clubs or Competitions? I already have edited the add and remove options to be visible but it is not working properly. I have thought maybe FM coded it so it is impossible to do so. However, if there is a way, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

- Alex

no and no, you cant create nation and continent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2019 at 12:23, alextheblaine said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

- Alex

I hope you'll forgive me for quoting myself. The question was slightly different, but the outcome is very similar. You cannot create a new nation, but you can resurrect one that doesn't exist. However, you'll be facing a colossal amounts of issues. They can be worked out, but it's certainly not "plug and play". I personally gave up at some point since it was too annoying.

On 23/04/2019 at 15:27, BMNJohn said:

You'd have to re-do most if not all not only Asian competitions as well as the Oceanic ones from scratch. Includes most if not all of Asian international cups, international club competitions (AFC CL and Cup) as well as the Oceanic counterparts (OFC CL, Nations' League). You'd also have to redo the World Cup and WC qualifyings due to some dependencies, and see if redoing any of these do not affect something else in some other confederation for some random reason. It's possible, but really, REALLY cumbersome.

I've been trying to work something different but that ends in a similar situation where you'd have to re-do everything, and honestly I threw my hands in the air. You can only rework the World Cup so many times before you get tired of it. The Editor doesn't help at all either: sometimes it verifies, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it pulls errors that have nothing to do with what you're working on, due to some dependencies... or due to no dependency at all. There's also not a whole lot of documentation or user feedback/experiences you can use either when searching the forums; especially in Advanced Mode where all bets are off.

If you want to redo some things, you can try this thread, but you cannot export that database to FM19 because it simply doesn't verify for some random reasons. I've had the db telling me I cannot use Netherlands Antilles in the UEFA Nations' League... even though I don't see why they'd even try to pick up an extra national team since all 55 European ones are registered and spread in the right groups. Anyway, here it is.

I have created several nations using the football manager editor. Firstly the FM editor does not have an add nation button, to create your own nation you have to use a preexisting nation or an extinct nation such as C.I.S or East Germany. Its easier to use an extincted nation as you don't have to delete cities and regions. Now to change the continent and to add local regions to your nation you will have to edit some files to allow that. 

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, tamim said:

I was wondering how did you guys added your nation to world cup qualifiers.

Because I created a nation but it doesn't enter in world cup

You need to set "Full Fifa Membership".

Also if your nation is in Europe - you need to edit registered teams list - in database but also in advanced rules.

Not sure how is set in other confederations but i guess same way.

In order to edit those comps - you need this:

After that you need to check how club continental comps behave with 1 more nation.

Sometimes you need to re-do all club continental and international competitions related to that continent/nation or change you made.

T

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to set "Full Fifa Membership".

Also if your nation is in Europe - you need to edit registered teams list - in database but also in advanced rules.

Not sure how is set in other confederations but i guess same way.

In order to edit those comps - you need this:

After that you need to check how club continental comps behave with 1 more nation.

Sometimes you need to re-do all club continental and international competitions related to that continent/nation or change you made.

Thanks dude..

• 10 months later...
On 13/05/2019 at 06:01, ManchesterCentralFUN said:

I have created several nations using the football manager editor. Firstly the FM editor does not have an add nation button, to create your own nation you have to use a preexisting nation or an extinct nation such as C.I.S or East Germany. Its easier to use an extincted nation as you don't have to delete cities and regions. Now to change the continent and to add local regions to your nation you will have to edit some files to allow that. 

Is there any way to change the C. I. S or East Germany flag to the one you need?

• 2 years later...