Rodgers at Leicester

Just read this article

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-brendan-rodgers-mimicking-pep-2709767

Wonder how I would go about replicating something similar to this? Would two mezzalas with a DM-D behind them replicate the movement? I do love the idea of two creative midfielders roaming in the final third trying to create overloads but have struggled to get it to work. 

PF-A/S

IW-A*   RPM   Mez-A   WM-A**

DM-D

WB-S**   BPD-D   CD-D WB-A**

SK-D

Is what I'd say is how we played Saturday.

* Stay wide

** roam from position

Vardy (or any striker with it it)  is frustrating of FM because of his tries to beat the offside trap trait, his positioning is too high up regardless of role

• 8 months later...
On 02/04/2019 at 23:35, Experienced Defender said:

If Leicester played that way, they would get smashed even by a lot weaker opponent than themselves. Even the strongest teams (like City, LFC, Barca etc.) do not play in such a way. 

Bumping this as I'm interested in getting a 4123 working with the striker contributing with most of the goals like Vardy does irl. Is this post in reply to the one above yours? In what way would it get smashed, is it too adventurous in central midfield I'm guessing? 

As a Leicester fan, but not done a Leicester save, id say Brendanball would have very few team instructions.

Schmeichel - SK(d) - use instructions to instigate counters with his kicks to the flanks and throws though perhaps.

Riccardo - IWB (a) - Riccardo attacks the box and grabs goals and shooting opportunities. He can go down the outside when its on, but displays the hallmarks of the inverted wing back

Evans & Soyuncu - CB (d) - Both are pretty no nonsense solid defenders.

Chilwell - WB (s) - Chilwell usually stays wide and offers width down the left but gets doubled up on and is a weak link. He can deliver a cross from deep.

Ndidi - tricky to call. Could say he plays as a straight forward DM, or as an anchor man depending on whats happening ahead of him.

Tielemans - In my opinion hes been playing the mezzala role from the right side of centre mid. Id give him a support duty.

Maddison - Position seems to have changed a little. not playing so much as a 10 anymore, now deeper where he can get more touches on the ball. Id probably go with central midfielder (S) but attempt more risky passes. Let his PPM's dictate his style of play

Barnes - IW (S)

Right side is tough and a weakness of the team. Id probably go with Perez, and play him as an inside forward on attack.

Vardy - Nowadays hes a poacher, more economical with his movements. always there for the finish.

id be looking around those kind of roles

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Most probably yes. 

Yes, as well as on the flanks. 

Really? Apart from the roaming on the WBs (which I wouldn't agree with Fosse is a feature of Leicester's play, their full backs are relatively discipline in this regard) I'm not sure there's anything there that looks particularly off, especially if the system is set up at the lower end of the mentality scale. More inclined to agree if set to Attacking.

6 hours ago, Kolarov's missing tooth said:

Really? Apart from the roaming on the WBs (which I wouldn't agree with Fosse is a feature of Leicester's play, their full backs are relatively discipline in this regard) I'm not sure there's anything there that looks particularly off, especially if the system is set up at the lower end of the mentality scale. More inclined to agree if set to Attacking.

Yeah I'm not great at tactics but it didn't look to extreme to me either? The wingers are both set to attack but they will get back to defend because it's a 4141 and they are wide mids, not wide forwards. 

On 31/12/2019 at 13:07, Experienced Defender said:

Most probably yes. 

Yes, as well as on the flanks. 

We shipped seven goals in two games to Man City and Liverpool over Christmas with Chilwell getting absolutely murdered down the flank so quite right! 

The middle is fine though. I won the league with Leicester in the first season this year with Maddison as Mez A, Tielemans as Mez S and Ndidi behind them at Anc which isn't far off what @Fosse posted.

Didn't have any problem with the Mez failing to do their bit defensively. 

On 04/01/2020 at 04:23, Finners said:

We shipped seven goals in two games to Man City and Liverpool over Christmas with Chilwell getting absolutely murdered down the flank so quite right! 

The middle is fine though. I won the league with Leicester in the first season this year with Maddison as Mez A, Tielemans as Mez S and Ndidi behind them at Anc which isn't far off what @Fosse posted.

Didn't have any problem with the Mez failing to do their bit defensively. 

Interested to see what your tactic was here. I am trying with Leicester atm and finding it very hard to replicate their real life play. Care to share your tactic how you won the league?