How to warn player for sending off

Noticed a change in this years game when you get a player sent off and after the the match you get the usual message saying he has been suspended do you wish to appeal. However you no longer seem to be able to warn him or fine him now? I looked to see if you can do it in the interaction tab on his profile but none of them offer anything about being sent off so I just had to slate him in my post match interview as this was his second sending off in a month. Not sure it has the same effect as a fine or warning though so does anyone know if the option is still here somewhere? 

If the player is on loan at your club, you dont get the option of fining/ warning  him - Each time ive had a red card and they were my player, the option to fine him was there - the option to appeal only applies to straight reds though. Thats in the  English leagues so not sure if its different in different countries

5 hours ago, deaks500 said:

If the player is on loan at your club, you dont get the option of fining/ warning  him - Each time ive had a red card and they were my player, the option to fine him was there - the option to appeal only applies to straight reds though. Thats in the  English leagues so not sure if its different in different countries

Thanks for the info. That probably explains it. I’ll watch out for that in future.

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

It is there, but I think that the game decides whether his offence is worth a warning and only gives the opportunity to warn under some circumstances.  In my view, this is wrong and it should be the manager's choice all the time.

I agree that it should be at the managers discretion, but many clubs also have a formal discipline policy where cards and behaviour accrue fines automatically. These are part of the contract that the player signs. So I would like to see a formal structure in place for fines, alongside a discretionary one where the manager can decide additional discipline (such as training with the kids, playing for the reserves as has happened numerous times) as well as fines. Plus an informal team disciplines. Where the worst performer in training or scorer of own goals has to drive a clunker for a week or perform extra charity work, or a light fine that goes into a Christmas party fund.

It also changed... Before you could fine your player and appeal... Now you can only do one. So if you fine the player, you can't appeal. And I assume if you click appeal, the option to fine also disappears. 

To me this is a tiny but relevant improvement

Archived