Never Receive Offers For Key Players

I’m 10 years into a save now and I’ve only received offers for my star players a couple of times. I never have the biggest clubs trying to sign my players and it makes a bit unrealistic and too easy to keep my best players. 

• SI Staff

If you'd be kind enough to talk to the support forum and forward on a save indicating which players you think should be under offer then I'd be happy to look into this.

(to be honest I'm surprised to hear that as I have the opposite issue where my best players have been continually poached and its very hard to make headway because they're always unsettled/moving on - admittedly I have no established Eastbourne in the Premiership, but its taken nearly 15 years)

30 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If you'd be kind enough to talk to the support forum and forward on a save indicating which players you think should be under offer then I'd be happy to look into this.

(to be honest I'm surprised to hear that as I have the opposite issue where my best players have been continually poached and its very hard to make headway because they're always unsettled/moving on - admittedly I have no established Eastbourne in the Premiership, but its taken nearly 15 years)

I have the same experience as you. My best players are being poached constantly, even now when I am in the Championship.

I have a theory that it is related to device, so I wonder if you are on iOS and @lp97 is on Android?

20 hours ago, LP97 said:

I’m 10 years into a save now and I’ve only received offers for my star players a couple of times. I never have the biggest clubs trying to sign my players and it makes a bit unrealistic and too easy to keep my best players. 

I have this issue too. It was also an issue for me in FMM18 whereby I could keep all my best players and never have to worry about clubs trying to poach them.

In the rare instance a player does wish to leave, and I block any potential transfer, a news item will tell me how frustrated that player is but it doesn't seem to affect their morale and performances for me.

A good example for me in FMM19 was signing Tammy Abraham on a free transfer. I was managing Nottm Forest in the Championship and he finished the league's top scorer with 28 goals. No one showed any interest in him. 

I find it fairly simple to offload players but having to deal with clubs making sizable bids for my best players has never been an issue in the five seasons I've been playing FMM19.  

When you think how Premier League clubs look to the Championship to find a potential star player (Leicester signing James Maddison, Huddersfield signing Alex Pritchard, Tottenham trying to sign Jack Grealish), I'm surprised this hasn't happened with some of my players.

I feel I need to give FMM19 more time to see if these types of issues are actual issues (because I've only managed in League 2, 1 and the Championship so far) but I thought it was worth sharing.

I play FMM on Android by the way. I think there are differences in how the game reacts in iOS vs Android.

Just to say that one of my best players has just been the subject of a successful transfer bid.

He had a £20M release clause and three clubs made the offer after the January transfer window. Because the clubs are Brazilian, they were able to sign him immediately!

This has left me in a difficult spot (which is good) because I have to wait until the summer transfer window to replace him. 

It has left me questioning the deal though. Will players ever reject clubs when their minimum release clause fee is met? I ask this because my player was a 25 year old Portuguese Advanced Playmaker. He has gone from playing in the Premier League, with a decent shout of qualifying for Europe, to moving to the Brazilian league. This is possible of course (and I get the Portuguese - Brazilian connections), but it is an interesting career move.

• SI Staff

Players will sometimes reject offers for them whether they meet the minimum fee or you just accept them (I had one overpaid old git who refused to move on because he liked his huge salary thanks very much all the same ;) ) .... generally if they're meeting a release clause though then they'll be paying a decent salary and that can be persuasive.

I'm six season into my main FMM19 career and youth development has been a big feature in my management style. In those six seasons, I think I've only received three bids (it could be higher but I can't think of any more - one player was the subject of multiple bids which I kept rejecting). One bid came in for a talented youngster when I was managing in League One and the two other bids were during my second Premier League season. Those bids were for players who I considered to be young and very talented i.e. under 25 with a current ability of 3.5 to 4 stars and a potential ability of 4.5 to 5 stars.

Interestingly none of my top scorers, who have also been the league's top goal scorers, have ever been the subject of transfer interest.

All other players sold by me were only sold because I offered them to clubs (this has been very easy to do).

I think that probably is it. I'd also say the process in developing young talent is quite straightforward. I instruct my Youth Scouts to find players with potential, sign those who have a potential ability rating of 4 stars+ and then loan them out or give them occasional first team opportunities from the subs bench - progressing to first teams starts in low priority matches (Carbaro Cup), and then promotion to first team regular. The addition of focused training (with good training facilities) also really helps with nurturing and developing high level talent. But despite those young players now having really great attributes and turning out really good performances, the AI seems to overlook these players and therefore doesn't recognise them as potential transfer targets. So it could definitely have something to do with reputation.

Having said all that, 16 of my players feature on the Scouting Agency Youth Rankings list yet none of them has any declared interest shown in them (when looking at their contract page). Places 1st, 2nd and 3rd on this list are my players so it seems odd that so many of my players (particularly from the top 3) feature on this scouting list yet are not attracting the interest of rival clubs. These are really good players.

Have to agree with most of the issues raised here. In my experience I've found it too easy to hold onto key players and it ultimately lessens the challenge of a long term LLM save as a result. Personally I don't think player reputations are enhanced enough through performance and success (i.e. team honours, individual awards, high average ratings), especially at overachieving clubs where you'd expect the bigger teams to take notice and turn player's heads.

Overall I get the feeling the AI aren't quite aggressive enough in the transfer market though which possibly contributes to this. Also I suspect there is an issue around the AI overlooking young talented regens for real players, which is fine in the early seasons but begins to severely weaken other squads after around 7 or 8 years of gameplay.

I'm playing on Android by the way

1 hour ago, ss03 said:

Have to agree with most of the issues raised here. In my experience I've found it too easy to hold onto key players and it ultimately lessens the challenge of a long term LLM save as a result. Personally I don't think player reputations are enhanced enough through performance and success (i.e. team honours, individual awards, high average ratings), especially at overachieving clubs where you'd expect the bigger teams to take notice and turn player's heads.

Overall I get the feeling the AI aren't quite aggressive enough in the transfer market though which possibly contributes to this. Also I suspect there is an issue around the AI overlooking young talented regens for real players, which is fine in the early seasons but begins to severely weaken other squads after around 7 or 8 years of gameplay.

I'm playing on Android by the way

Agreed. I’m 10 seasons in and have turned a championship club into premier league winners but clubs still don’t attempt to sign my best players. Liverpool had at least 10 players who are 32+ years old last time I checked their squad too. It seems like the AI just needs tuning a little bit regarding transfers to be more logical/aggressive. I’m playing on iPad for what it’s worth. 

19 hours ago, ss03 said:

Also I suspect there is an issue around the AI overlooking young talented regens for real players, which is fine in the early seasons but begins to severely weaken other squads after around 7 or 8 years of gameplay.

This is an important point. FMM18 had a real issue with squad deterioration. As you rightly point out, after 8-10 seasons, AI squads are weak and unbalanced. You see so many recognisable players who are way past their best and not enough young talent has been brought in to replace them. I remember thinking about applying for the Real Madrid job but I decided not to because their squad was full of peaked players in their early to mid 30s. Any transfers Real had made were for players who were age 30+ and had peaked.

Archived