Transfers issues

Hi friends, each time when i try to buy a new player i face  high price issues, even if the player is youngster 17 year old the price which they ask for him is extremely high

For example, now i am a Ajax manager, found the young player from dinamo zagreb, the price at his profile is 340.000 , my scouts told me that we can try to get him for 450-650K, but when i send an offer (1.000.000) for example,  they always refuse, and request unreal money for the player(30.000.000- 40.000.000 USD)  And it happens all the time, no mater the player from Europe, South America, etc. Prices are absolutely not adequate, starting with 20-40 million for junior, I'What am I doing wrong? Are there any secrets in order to significantly reduce the asking price? Or it is ust a bug? 

If the club doesn't want to sell the young player, then they will ask for a ridiculously high transfer fee. Usually scouting the player will give you an idea of how much the club wants, so I'm a bit surprised that you can't seem to get valid info there. Are you offering the 1.000.000 straight up or in instalments/clauses?

A rule of thumb is that the poorer the country and club, the easier it is to poach talented young players for a small fee.

Also make sure that your scout report is up to date. It may be that 6 months ago they were prepared to sell for a certain amount, but they've re-evaluated the player and their stance is now different.

Also note that the amount they counter with are not the only fee they will accept. They are just stating it would take a lot of money to let him go. Maybe if you unsettle the player they will lower it. Talk about him in the media and see if he kicks up a fuzz, this along with some future fees could solve things.

I used to work out that if you half the difference between your initial offer, an there response, then add it to your initial offer, you would get the offer accepted..

So you offer 10mil, they respond with 40mil, 40-10 =30. 30/2 = 15.  10+15 = 25mil.  That was then the highest offer I would go to so would re-bid with say 18, but be prepared to go to 25. 99% time the 25 was the accepted offer.

Don't know if it still works like that in FM19, but was useful way to work out early on in negotiation whether it was worth pursuing that player.

5 hours ago, Snorks said:

I used to work out that if you half the difference between your initial offer, an there response, then add it to your initial offer, you would get the offer accepted..

So you offer 10mil, they respond with 40mil, 40-10 =30. 30/2 = 15.  10+15 = 25mil.  That was then the highest offer I would go to so would re-bid with say 18, but be prepared to go to 25. 99% time the 25 was the accepted offer.

Don't know if it still works like that in FM19, but was useful way to work out early on in negotiation whether it was worth pursuing that player.

An interesting position.  Personally, if I am that far away on the first offer, I will almost certainly move on to more attainable targets

19 hours ago, FrazT said:

An interesting position.  Personally, if I am that far away on the first offer, I will almost certainly move on to more attainable targets

The numbers were plucked to use as an example.

My first offer is usually a low-ball, a 'test'. Unless the player is Listed for Transfer, in many cases my first couple of offers are  low, to unsettle the player or find out his interest in the transfer, and to see what price his club would accept. 

It was an approach I read on here a while back, and did my own 'test' in my games and found my method after a couple of adjustments. Can be useful early on to know what the club will accept, and was surprisingly accurate.

One of the most annoying things for me, is having your first offer accepted straight away. I am always second-guessing myself if that happens, did I overpay?

53 minutes ago, Jlhorti said:

Anyone know why can't i offer wages to a player? I have enough fund and wages limit is also available to sign this player. Need help guys 

Screenshot_20181122_161112_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.jpg

Because he's saying he has no interest in joining your club.

I'd say it depends on a selling club staff level too. Say, Director's of Football (or Youth Head) "Judging PA". Some clubs may not understand they got a potentially world-class player. Generally, it's much harder (mostly impossible) to sign high-potential players from good clubs, as they obviously got solid staff, while low-level clubs may sell you a wonderkid for 250k.

Though it's my pure guess, but it makes sense. Guys from SI can confirm/disprove if they want. :)

Edit: if they rejecting all bids, check if the player has a release clause, it's usually true for the most of the South American players, for example, and they're often quite reasonable.

Archived