[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June - December 2039 

hDMnpri.png

Did what we needed to do in the qualifiers, but two losses in friendlies sour things a bit. 

T7zyhLy.png

Very comfortable qualification for Euro 2040.

IMz8D2q.png

Getting close to the end of the career of Fuga, 32 years old now. Still plays in China, on 10M p/a wages. A true legend for Kosovo.

Central defender Milagres is about the same age, he has been playing for Ballkani for many a year now and since he has never been called up for his native Brazil I can use him now.

There are some new talents coming up as well, especially from Ballkani. 

HOYxBpk.png

GK Nebihu has now retired, so Fuga will grab that spot for the most international apps soon.

Euro 2040 Prep

7tkPwgh.png

Albania again. Toughest is England here, obviously. Should certainly be able to progress from this group.

z6Jp8lI.png

9hKKrNG.png

Some new faces. Obviously Ballkani is the team with most players represented. Defense is still an issue, as is the goalkeeper position. Pretty strong in midfield and attack, relatively speaking anyway.

WRc47Wb.png

We've played England already this year, which was a close game. The three draws ahead of the tournament are a bit of a worry, as we generally were the better side. Need to do better!

Euro 2040 Groups

nuMVLOm.png

Not a great performance, but we got that all-important win to start out with!

YV6O1ne.png

:D

xgK8Cs7.png

And then, of course, we can't beat Albania. Figures.

FlBiSXk.png

aFR3UC4.png

Spain out!

iLPKdnU.png

Danish again, after our pre-tournament friendly. Should be doable, under normal circumstances. 

Euro 2040 Second Round

Mt1PgjC.png

As Kosovo played against Denmark in real life yesterday (and kept them to a 2-2 draw, not bad!) I played them in the second round now. We did slightly better :)

RYv8XmH.png

Belgium - England, what a game...

HsrG2df.png

hosts Germany up next, that's really going to be extremely tough.

Euro 2040 Quarter Final

Ialc9BD.png

Sadly we were not able to spring a surprise and well Germany go through, deservedly so. A consolation goal at the end was all we got from the game.

Rest of the Tournament

7KfBSA2.png

Somehow the team we beat in our opening match of the tournament won the damn thing! Switzerland are the winners!

2040 Catch-Up

DBKhCW3.png

Besa didn't do badly without my leadership, but Ballkani were just a little bit better overall and won the league. It's clear it's a two-team league right now, with Prishtina and Trepça mostly fighting for that third European spot.

YkD79mw.png

Not much to update from here on out, obviously, but I'll be keeping an eye on the league's standing.

14 hours ago, cmcarter said:

I finally caught up with this series, and it was fantastic! Is there any way I could see the American national team? I'm wondering what club teams they're playing for.

Thanks.

K5tq8tA.png

Most of them play in the MLS, but a few abroad. Even one at Ballkani.

2040 Overview

gG5qFeZ.png

IoYivNy.png

Apart from Euro 2040 we had a poor year, not being able to win any games in the nations league and relegating.

qSxCpr0.png

cnvRJ7T.png

8gdpZg3.png

Not the easiest nor the hardest group in the world cup qualifiers. We should be able to qualify, if necessary as second-placed behind Croatia. 

BezOmEF.png

A really good year until the final week, where we got bossed around by the Croatians. Still, a good performance.

5ovLSc8.png

GEhXZS0.png

HqFhIhB.png

5747lBK.png

Fuga still going, 34-year old now. Looks like he might be leaving China for Uruguay, as Peñarol has just bid for him.

mDkSUAk.png

Well, we'll just need to finish ahead of Jamaica.

svQSsBC.png

Ballkani won the league again, with much more of a gap to Besa this time around. They only just grabbed that second spot as well.

T3iO9FS.png

Both Ballkani and Besa got some good wins before crashing out of the EL in the early knock-out phases. That made for a good coefficient year.

2042 pre-World Cup

uv69408.png

Decent results in the friendlies going into the tournament, although of course not against nations of the highest caliber.

SElm0G4.png

t5fywnP.png

This was very disappointing, as he is probably the best player at my disposal. Key in central midfield.

FdRr6IU.png

Still suffering from the same issues as before - mainly that all the goalkeepers are ****, too few decent central defenders.

If Lluca wouldn't have got injured Arsen Hoxha - Lluca is a very good midfield duo, but him getting injured put a stop to that.

At least we have good backs, a very good young defensive midfielder in Faton Braho and decent wingers and strikers. First time I'm calling up a player that I got through in my time at Besa in Hanif Jusufi - now at Ballkani.

World Cup 2042 Group

FC7ItXL.png

We had a strong opener against Brazil, and definitely could've won this one. As Brazil had already played Jamaica at this point, they qualified.

8QkhExJ.png

We did too, with just a bit better goal difference than brazil so we ended up as first in our group. Not sure if that matters much for the draw, mind you.

FVu1p4I.png

v474Lj7.png

Very interesting to see Georgia make it to the second round! They had some luck at the group draw, though. 

lmNWayP.png

8pHtWrD.png

bLvf5wI.png

We'll play Romania next, should be doable. Hosts England will face Panama, luck of the draw I'm sure. Maybe Georgia can beat Australia?

World Cup 2042 Second Round

xJJB2eD.png

A close game, perhaps a bit of luck, but we did manage to beat the Romanians thanks to two goals from my striker Kabashi.

hYfgVZW.png

England did easily deal with Panama. Georgia couldn't quite deal with Australia in the end. Switzerland doing well again, two years after winning Euro 2040... Ecuador beating Argentina is surprising... while Germany and Portugal had a great game.

3LccjVH.png

Oof, the Dutch. That's going to be a big ask. Some nice match-ups elsewhere.

World Cup 2042 Third Round

GNHqkfn.png

Stunned from the start and well 3-0 down was just too much to get back even if we tried. At least nice for Fuga to get a goal.

Rest of Tournament

3pOyaVO.png

The Swiss beat the English -- but were then beaten by the Germans. But the big story of course - Croatia won the world cup, and you can't say it's undeserved after beating France, Spain, Germany and the Dutch in a row. And if not for penalties, it could've been a Croatia - Chile final. Nice.

Rest of 2042 / Overview

IKeoN8S.png

GJS4eyu.png

Straight back to the A league, we really are turning into a bit of a yo-yo team, constantly going down from the A league, and promoting in the B league.

A new non-Kosovar name shows up here in the goalscorers, José Romário. He is Brazilian, but has played for Ballkani for five years and has never been called up by Brazil. Very useful, as he can play both as striker and AMR and is pretty good. 26 years old, so useful for a few more years at least.

YmY14kR.png

nGguWXu.png

9b9MHXx.png

Interesting group we've been drawn in for the Euro 2044 qualifiers. Spain is obviously the favorite, but we'll also have to deal with Georgia, who as we've seen qualified for the previous world cup.

5vPYGau.png

As far as the league is concerned, Ballkani won again. But things could've gone very differently if it weren't for the last 4 games, where Besa dropped 8 points... shocker

dPkQLme.png

Another great year in Europe -- thanks to Ballkani this time around, making it to the semi finals of the Champions League!

note on the save/career - I am going to go through at least a few more years like this, going pretty quickly and the tournaments are fun.

8g6I5Ob.png

A bad year in the qualifiers. Not only were we embarrassed by Spain, but Belarus got us beat as well....

k1NWN03.png

Into the play-offs, what with us winning the nations league B last time around.

fKcTwgs.png

Have to beat two countries, starting with Austria. Not the easiest, but would be a mess if we don't qualify..

034qggN.png

As far as other things are concerned, I did reach another milestone...

gCHKKJp.png

QB982qx.png

Euro 2044 Prep

YJ9MX7x.png

Not the easiest of groups, but going through should definitely be possible.

gjPAwJE.png

XbEuCxW.png

No more Fuga, as he has now retired after gaining more than 180 caps for Kosovo. He is replaced by Romario, as he is also a striker who can play at AMR. Still no good goalkeepers. More players than ever from abroad, as Besa and Ballkani both are only represented by three players.

9Bz8REy.png

Decent friendly wins to get ready and fit.

Euro 2044 Groups

R1teiSr.png

We started out with the hardest game in the group, and we honestly did pretty well. But a loss is a loss, so we need to grab some points immediately.

xC2FcSK.png

Happy that we were able to do so against the Swedes.

carTe2d.png

Not the best performance against Wales, at all, but 4 points should be enough to go through.

mkGC4Se.png

0coMOCv.png

Bosnia is our opponent in the second round.

Euro 2044 Second round

YFUgwRc.png

Fantastic start, but much of a miserable match after that. It was enough, but would like us to play better obviously.

9mII6zN.png

Spain up next... normally that's asking too much.

Euro 2044 Quarter Final

rETcRBz.png

Wow. We fought, and won. Honestly a big shock. With the amount of yellows and thus suspensions for the semi final it's going to be a challenge to set up a team there...

hZYMQuB.png

We'll be playing Croatia (lest we forget the reigning world champions) - elsewhere Ireland beat Germany to go into the semi-finals... good luck to them against the Belgians who seem to be on fire.

Euro 2044 Semi Final

pBHBVCD.png

Wow, insanity. Another penalty win! Definitely outclassed, but for a while it even looked like we would claim a regular win. 

zNmm5nK.png

The Irish kept Belgium to a scoreless draw, but lost out on penalties... a shame. Kosovo - Ireland would've been a great final.

This is the second time I've reached the final of a European Championship with Kosovo, the last time was in 2036. 

Euro 2044 Final

qJxCcuj.png

Oh my!! We did it. Kosovo are European Champions!

Some "questionable" decisions went our way, my central defender who started the game with 75% fitness scored twice... :lol: 

15 hours ago, deltablue said:

Looks like an interesting tournament. 

That's one way to put it yeah! Pretty awesome to see some other relatively surprising nations pop up in the later rounds.. apart from our own run obviously

10 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Amazing run, congratulations on the big win! Now time for the final step on the biggest stage of them all.

Thanks man. Oh, I will try! 

Rest of 2044

3Osu6c6.png

With the Dutch and the Spanish in our nations league group, it was always going to be tough. But we did pretty well! Nice 9-0 intermission against Iceland as well...

jyEPgNL.png

With a lot of luck we've managed to win the group...

pjRuNxe.png

Brzv6k9.png

D6wxSra.png

World cup draw for next year, seems very very kind. Although, to be fair, Ireland did almost make it to the final at the European Championships...

7GG17CE.png

Ballkani won another league, but once again it wasn't a walkover.

8Oj7TLY.png

• 2 weeks later...

Qualifiers for the World Cup, nations league finals and a confederation cup. Enough for one update.

32zpRhK.png

JjhZtR0.png

Two more trophies added! While the start of the year with the first two qualifiers was poor, we did much better in the nations league and in the confederations cup - after getting over the shock of losing to China.

Very poor second half of the year though, in the qualifiers. 

8ZnRuti.png

fndgG1B.png

It was just enough, but damn. 

bFXDWdQ.png

Well, we have been drawn in quite the group for the world cup next year.

qOknLx6.png

AsrQcqH.png

dTQsBz1.png

2046 World Cup Prep

2046-squad.png

2046-squad-2.png

Injury wave so barely any central defenders to choose from. Issue fitness-wise. 

2046-friendlies.png

Okay performance in the friendlies, with Cameroon being a top 20 side according to the fifa ranking beating us not the ideal sign-off to travel to Morocco where the world cup will be held.

2046 World Cup group

2046-game-1.png

2046-game-2.png

Well, we got the required results but those were some poor matches. 

2046-groups-1.png

2046-groups-2.png

Brazil eliminated by Ireland & South Korea!

2046-groups-3.png

Germany eliminated as well. Jordan going through...

2046-groups-4.png

2046-second-round-draw.png

World Cup 2046 Third Round

2046-game-4.png

Insanity! 2-0 up, having to deal with extra time as they equalize just before full time. We go 4-2 up in extra time, but once again we can't hold on to that two goal lead as they come back only for us to win on penalties. Wow. 

2046-third-round.png

Egypt beating the Dutch, big surprise there. 

2046-qf-draw.png

The Americans up next. Well done for getting this far, but we should be able to beat them. Interesting that either Egypt or Austria will make it to the semi finals.

2046 World Cup Quarter Final

2046-game-5.png

That was a difficult game, but once again our Brazilian Kosovar got us through the game. 

2046-quarter-final.png

Egypt and Chile going through. Quite the final four.

2046-sf-draw.png

It's going to be us or Egypt in the final! 

2046 World Cup Semi Final

2046-game-6.png

We were in control for most of the game, and deserved the win. World Cup Final.....

2046-semi-final.png

It's going to be against Portugal, for an all-European final. But perhaps not the European countries you would expect beforehand...

2046 World Cup Final

2046-game-7.png

DAMN.

We had an amazing start scoring, and they came at us the rest of the game, but we managed to hold them off... and finished the game off in the end. 

Kosovo are champions of the world..............

Edit -- the goals:

The End

Well, as far as the rise of Kosovo is concerned there's really not much more I can do, and after 28 years this has been a good one.

4VGu03a.png

Interestingly enough Besa won the league in 2046, meaning that both teams I have managed have been able to do so since I left them. 

to round up... 17 league wins, 1 CL victory after 4 straight finals... won the various titles with the national team after a few fails at tournaments. Pretty pleased.

uR6AiaB.png

KaorWXj.png

On 18/04/2019 at 16:31, Saintmat said:

Superb stuff, congrats on a heroic achievement!

Maybe interesting to upload the save and for someone to holiday another couple of decades to see how things progress from there?

Thank you. I am not really a fan of sharing saves, but I am willing to do the holidaying myself at some point. 

On 18/04/2019 at 23:37, oriole01 said:

Perfect way to end another wonderful career, you've built up quite the streak of those over the past year or two. You've done Kosovo proud :applause:.

Thanks man. That's very nice of you to say. It has been a good one, definitely up there with my favorites. A bit longer than the ones I did in 18... now to come up with a new idea at some point :onmehead:

23 hours ago, enigmatic said:

That's a good way to finish a career :applause:

So how good were your generation of Kosovan players (and Brazilian ringer) that won the World Cup relative to other top international sides?

Cheers. They weren't up to the level of say the Portugal team we played in the final. Romario wouldn't get in that team in all honesty.

We were able to win due to tactics, morale, consistency, luck... Some good and decent players in the squad, don't get me wrong, but no ballon d'or candidates.

romario.png

This is his profile for reference.

Archived