[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

Flag of Kosovo.svg

Image result for kosovo

Idea and set-up

Welcome to what I hope is going to be my main thread and save for Football Manager 2019. Unlike what I did in FM18 with a succession of mid-length saves I want this go on for a long while.

This save is going to be focused on Kosovo. I have been wanting to do a save there for a while but just haven’t got to it yet, I feel now is the time!

Kosovo appeals to me mostly because the country is the newest accepted member of UEFA, but has a different feeling than other countries at the bottom of the rankings. The nation has players of much higher caliber than say an Andorra; which is perhaps not too strange when we look at other former Yugoslav nations who also have a high number of talents even though their populations are relatively small.

Even though this is so, Kosovar clubs have had a hard time of things in their first run last year, and are 53rd on the UEFA rankings at the start, only San Marino and Andorra are below them.

For any of you that played FM18, you might have noticed that Kosovo did semi-regularly qualify for European Championships down the line, thanks to the Nations League. I want to do the same, and I want to take Kosovar club football to a new level as well.

Thanks to the great work from @claassen I've been able to load the Kosovar, Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian leagues as playable as those are the most relevant from the leagues that have been released so far.

All other European leagues (base game or so far created by Claassen) have been loaded as view only, and the database includes all international players from the world plus all continental reputation players from Europe and all players from clubs in continental competitions from Europe. Combined with a "large" db setting this means about 37.5K players at the start, which should mean it's viable for a long-term game but not too slow at the same time.

The plan to make this save more lengthy is to resign when I feel that I have achieved what I can at a club and take charge of another club in Kosovo. I'll also be doing the national team at some point, but not from the start.

Starting point

Image result for Ballkani

I have decided to take a lower team in the highest tier, they got promoted last season. 

club-history.png

With regards to how I'm actually going to do this, I will be looking for a balance between developing own youth and signing some players in to get stronger at the same time.

The Kosovar leagues have pretty strict foreign rules, 3 allowed in the second tier, 4 in the first tier, and you always have to play a u-19 player. These are harsh enough for me to not add any arbitrary rules of my own, although I will generally try not to poach too many players from other Kosovar clubs.

squad.png

This is the starting squad, and I've used the "add players to playable teams" so there are newgens in the u-19s as well. Note that Albanians don't count as foreign, so we can get three more foreigners in.

Let's get it started...

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season 2018

transfers-incoming.png

Not so easy yet to get new players in, as I have only been able to sign players on non-contract deals or on loan. At least I do have two players for all positions now.

squad.png

I've been lucky with one of the generated youth players being good for the level in Leotrim Prekopuca.

KbjzH6f.png

pre-season-prediction.png

Surprised to be predicted to do better than get relegated. I wouldn't be too mad about finishing mid-table.

pre-season.png

The loss and the draw were against Albanian sides, not top tier sides mind you... the wins were against lower league Kosovar teams so that's not saying much either.

Transfer market actually closed before the season started, which I generally like but if it turns out my squad isn't up to scratch it's going to be a rough time...

October 2018

october.png

Fantastic victory against Feronikeli stand-out match this month.

october-league-table.png

in first...

Just realized I've not given any info yet how I'm playing tactically.

I am varying between two tactics I've used on this FM - one with Ajax in the beta and one with Savoie in the Fraud thread. The Ajax 4-2-3-1 is my own adaptation of the gegenpressing setting changed to a more attacking approach with some other slight changes. The 4-1-4-1 as the game calls it is a slightly changed version of a downloaded tactic.

4-2-3-1.png4-1-2-3.png

December-February 

december-february.png

Didn't realize the league had this long a winter break, but it's okay.

january-transfers.png

No new signings, but three departures.

december-manager-of-the-year.png

Won my first award after half a year of management..

february-league-table.png

Unless we have a big drop in form we are looking very good for a top 2 finish and a title challenge.

March 2019 + Youth Intake

march.png

Worst month yet, by far. 

march-league-table.png

Still up there though, as Feronikeli had some poor results as well.

march-youth-intake.png

I was not expecting much, but this is really bad. I did sign them all, though.

Season Review 2019

post-season-season-review.png

Did not expect to win the title at all beforehand, I guess I had expected the professional teams to be a step ahead but they weren't.

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-squad.png

Curious to see whether we can improve the squad or get weakened... much will depend on if I'm allowed to actually pay players I would think.

post-season-competition-ranking-increase.png

post-season-coefficient-increase.png

A step ahead - but still only 1 EL spot so that might be hardcoded. Would be a shame, but just another challenge then! 

June 2019

june.png

This actually went better than expected, even if it only was Andorran and Gibraltarian opposition.

june-cl-draw.png

Icelandic opposition up next.

transfers-june.png

A few outgoings, even made some money. Manevski only had two weeks left on his deal so thank you very much. 

I have been able to give some of my players new deals, can't sign players on pre-contract deals in Kosovo so I'll be getting busy now the contracts have ended.

1 minute ago, RioImmagina said:

Wait, 254 supporters for game? Man, your finances will collapse soon if you not get money from UEFA 

We're fine so far as we are barely spending money on wages... But we'll definitely need European money to make a step forward. 

July 2019

july.png

Well, the Icelandic champions were too much for us to handle but the Latvians in the Europa League not so much!

july-CL-money.png

Also, about money... this was after we got out of the CL. That'll keep us going for a while... Wanted to ask to become pro but couldn't right now.

july-signings.png

Got in a load of players, not all of them much good but trying to at least build a full squad with senior players. Dautaj was on loan last year so I know he's worth his huge transfer sum.

july-outgoing.png

One outgoing, my topscorer from last year. Drita as a fully professional outfit can offer more than we... right now at least.

11 minutes ago, andychar said:

Great first season and a good effort in the Champions League.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good luck mate,i love your saves.Amazing and unexpected first year in Kosovan Superleague.Great result against Latvian's too.:thup:

Cheers man, appreciate it! Wait till you see the next month :lol:

August 2019

Silliness abound.

august-signings.png

Two more signings on loan. I realized too late I only have one left back, though. Oops.

august-departure.png

One departure... the risk of having players on non-contract deals.

full squad post-transfer window

august-predicted-finish.png

Predicted to finish in sixth this year... of course the goal will be to win the title again.

august.png

But we'll have to deal with playing Europa League football!!! Totally crazy. Beat the Estonian and Moldovan champions... oh and also won the Kosovar supercup after pens.

august-EL-money.png

august-EL-money-wat.png

Totally insane. 

KLR2d2D.png

And we get a trip to London...

September 2019

september.png

Got our first loss in the league but otherwise a pretty great month and our first ever point in Europe.

september-league-table.png

Trepça '89 having a much better start to the league than last year, just like Drita. But this year it's Prishtina all the way at the bottom...

september-upgrades.png

First improvements approved.

October 2019

october.png

As you would expect we lost both EL away games this month, but we scored twice on Stamford Bridge!

october-league-table.png

Trepça '89 really having a good season so far, the most we can do is catch up with our games in hand.

Some of the money we made is going to be used:

october-training-facilities.png

october-youth-facilities.png

and most importantly...

october-pro-status.png

December 2019 and a Look at the Kosovar national team so far

december.png

Got the important win against leaders Trepça '89 and another point in the EL! disappointed to lose the second straight league game against Prishtina though.

december-EL-group.png

december-league-table.png

december-manager-of-the-year.png

Won this award for the second straight year.

Kosovo National Team

kosovo-2018.png

the Nations League went quite well last year...

kovoso-2019.png

The qualifiers were a lot harder, of course, but they still did pretty okay - two wins against Latvia for instance.

2020-euro-playoff.png

Thanks to their Nations League division win, they are competing in the Euro play-offs next year!

January-February 2020 + Youth Intake

january-departures.png

Two non-contract players were signed by other teams..

january-signings.png

while I signed two new players of my own.

january-february.png

Poor return after the mid-season break...

february-league-table.png

Lost first place, have to be more consistent.

february-youth-intake.png

Unsurprisingly the intake is still ****, but at least we got a player with more than 1* CA.

february-yp2a.png

April 2020

april.png

In one month it's very good to see what our problem is - we are winning our home games but away we are just losing too many points.

april-league-table.png

4 games remaining and we'll just have to hope Trepça '89 will lose enough points.

May 2019

may.png

Annoyed to lose in the cup final, but we sure did what we needed to do in the league. Would it be enough...?

may-league-table.png

Yes! Only just. Another title and another year of CL qualifying games.

may-EL-tv-money.png

A nice bonus and we went professional after the league finished. Excited to see where we can take things now.

Season Review 2020

post-season-season-review.png

Big fight to win the title agaisnt Trepça '93, but the story of the year has to be the run in Europe which will help out enormously to grow the club, starting with us becoming professional.

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

post-season-table.png

July 2020

july.png

Got further than last year, up to the third qualification round. FCSB up next, though, so that should be asking a bit too much.

july-incoming.png

A bunch new signings including a couple foreigners - actually most are. I now have 5, which should be fine as 4 can play at any point in the league and cup.

16 hours ago, john1 said:

Hope you can beat FCSB!

Cheers! Me too...

6 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Well, you're already well on your way to success. A very impressive first two seasons, especially in Europe. Good luck against Steaua.

Yeah, it's been going well so far. Thanks man.

August 2020

august-signing.png

Got in one new player, needed another midfielder - signed an Albanian as they don't count as foreign.

august-predicted-finish.png

Predicted to finish third now, around the other pro teams.

august.png

Well, the Romanians were just too much for us to handle. In the Europa League we then had to face the Serbian champions! Imagine that in real life. UEFA probably wouldn't even let that happen. But anyway, we lost on away goals... No more European football this season, sadly. Still made around 2M from CL and EL money, though, so still good for the future of the club.

august-league-table.png

Can't say too much about this, really, apart from noticing that all pro teams have started relatively well this season compared with the two last years.

august-100-games.png

Squad post-transfers

September 2020

september.png

Not the most comfortable of results, but on the whole we have done well in getting points. Need to start playing better, though.

september-league-table.png

Around the top - on the least amounts of lost points actually. But not running away with things, that's for sure.

september-improvements.png

Getting improvements in when I can now.

November 2020

november.png

This is what I'm talking about! Good to see big away wins especially.

november-league-table.png

Big lead now, looking very comfortable halfway the season. Now up for a long winter break, next league game is on the 17th of February...

november-facilities.png

Facilities upgraded and new improvements agreed immediately.

november-job-offer.png

november-job-offer-2.png

november-job-offer-3.png

First three job offers - Two Bosnian teams (one in the second and in the first tier) and one Serbian team (second tier).

December 2020

december-job-offer.png

One more job offer...

december-moty.png

The third!

december-kosovo-2020.png

The national team has had a hard time this year and got relegated back to the Division D of the Nations League.

euro-2020.png

Thought I'd take a look at the Euro's as well. Nothing too surprising here, or it has to be Norway.

January-February 2021 + Youth Intake

january-signing.png

I bought one player, a Croatian defensive midfielder.

december-february.png

Returned in-form.

february-youth-intake.png

Still poor, but the best intake yet. Most disappointing really are the personalities. (I fixed the nicknames later)

Archived