Is FM too easy?

Is FM too easy?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Simple as it sounds... is FM too easy?

• So easy, it's not really enjoyable
    • Too easy but still fun
    • About right
    • A bit hard
    • I don't know my left from my right

Playing Crewe Alexandra with no transfers during the first window, finished 2nd first season with only a couple of low impact signings during January. Nearing the 1/2 way point in League One and in 8th place. Have a couple of loaned players who are NOT high impact players. FWIW, I play Crewe because I wanted the poorest team in League Two and to get 2nd the first year (with a 16 match unbeaten run and set an all-time Crewe record for League Two wins) in League Two and now battling for a promotion playoff in League One seems a bit easy. I by no means consider myself on near the level on many players tactically (in fact, I don't download or use tactics other than my own) as I use simple tactics like the direct-counter attack that is inclusive in game. In most games I out shoot my opponents with the exception of the top 2-3 teams in the League One. Don't get me wrong, I like winning as much as the next guy, but it does seem to come a bit too easy. For more advanced/experiences players who use/download some of the pressing tactics it probably is really easy for them. Love the game but feel it could use a little bit of tweaking regarding difficulty. Cheers.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that almost 60% of the people who have voted in this poll - and by definition, must be pretty hardcore players given the game isn't actually out yet - don't think the game is easy at all, never mind 'too easy'. 

Something tells me this hasn't gone the way the OP intended. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Interesting that almost 60% of the people who have voted in this poll - and by definition, must be pretty hardcore players given the game isn't actually out yet - don't think the game is easy at all, never mind 'too easy'. 

Something tells me this hasn't gone the way the OP intended. :lol:

I want what this guy is having please!  All those "fake news" screenshots don't prove anything.

I love you Dave... Facts/proof mean nothing to you!

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Even though I have just quoted the one fact that is relevant in the entire thread? 

What are the odds of Cardiff going 5th place this year in the PL?

What are the odds of Hannover 96 winning the German Cup this year?

What are the odds of Hertha Berlin being 1st place 7 points clear after 16 games in the Bundesliga this year?

Those are just 3 of the screenshots in this thread, i can go on and on. 

Those are facts, you're confusing fact and opinions again... and your opinions aren't fully fleshed out.

1 minute ago, weezy3313 said:

What are the odds of Cardiff going 5th place this year in the PL?

What are the odds of Hannover 96 winning the German Cup this year?

What are the odds of Hertha Berlin being 1st place 7 points clear after 16 games in the Bundesliga this year?

Those are just 3 of the screenshots in this thread, i can go on and on. 

Screenshots presumably from the 40% of people who have voted that the game is too easy. Not exactly rocket science, is it?

However, you could also ask the question

What are the odds on Real Madrid failing to score a goal four games in a row?

What are the odds of Leicester winning the league?

What are the odds of Bradford reaching a League Cup final?

What are the odds of Rangers going 11 games unbeaten in Europe?

I can go on and on...

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Screenshots presumably from the 40% of people who have voted that the game is too easy. Not exactly rocket science, is it?

What are the odds on Real Madrid failing to score a goal four games in a row?

What are the odds of Leicester winning the league? happened in 2015-2016

What are the odds of Bradford reaching a League Cup final? happened in 2012-2013

What are the odds of Rangers going 11 games unbeaten in Europe?

I can go on and on...

What are the odds on Real Madrid failing to score a goal four games in a row? 2 20-1 (new coach and struggling)

What are the odds of Leicester winning the league? happened in 2015-2016

What are the odds of Bradford reaching a League Cup final? happened in 2012-2013

What are the odds of Rangers going 11 games unbeaten in Europe? i would say about 20-1 they certainly weren't playing the elite of Europe.

I can go on and on...  Now can you please answer my questions?  Willing to bet they would be more RARE in real life and yet happen MORE OFTEN in FM 2019. ;) Keep in mind those are all this years results.

rangers.thumb.PNG.6488ca747e043ac70e24b723eab4360c.PNG

There really isn't a question to answer, people who have voted in this particular poll are finding the game very easy, however the poll shows that the majority aren't. Facts.

Whether the poll is any barometer of the overall feeling about the game is another matter completely. Again, facts. 

Have to say though,  I do love how you've made such an effort on the last post. The levels of seethe are truly glorious. 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There really isn't a question to answer, people who have voted in this particular poll are finding the game very easy, however the poll shows that the majority aren't. Facts.

Whether the poll is any barometer of the overall feeling about the game is another matter completely. Again, facts. 

Have to say though,  I do love how you've made such an effort on the last post. The levels of seethe are truly glorious. 

Haha.. took only a few moments, pretty easy when i have facts to back me up.

This poll doesn't tell anything for the simple reason either way that one man's perceived "difficulty" is completely else to another's. For a significant amount of FM's player base, FM is/used to be always a game where you romp the league tiers with little effort whatsoever (for reasons which may be worth another topic entirelly). So for any such player, any game is pretty much the same anyway, for a start. Lot's of players far outperform what AI is traditionally able to muster without even realizing, but that's another matter.

Then there is also the feedback hinting at how only certain settings may be "overpowered" -- and/or the way the AI tries to "counter" them pretty damn bad. Bayern apparently pretty damn badly parking the  bus against a gegegenpressing Leverkusen? Top flight Bundesliga opposition doing the same against 2nd dividions HSV? I'd focus on those for now if I were SI, either way.

Weren't Leicester 5000/1 the season they won the league or something mental?

I'm finding it surprisingly easy to win games with Liverpool this year, last year was much tougher. However it's nowhere as easy as it was in 05 when I took Forest from league 1 to the cl final in 4 seasons and only signed Walter Bielsa in that time.

Nor is it as easy as 04 when I had a network game and the 3 human managers all got well over 100 points, one of us even had the perfect season and won 38/38, the fa cup and league cup before having his first not win of the season in the CL final against another human manager.

Or in 04 when my team went bankrupt, sold all our best players and we managed to win the league the following season with mostly newgens.

It could be tougher, I feel like the new tactics stuff is a little OP against the AI at certain points but SI can tweak these things in a patch before release I'm sure.

Alright this thread stopped being one about constructive discussions but started becoming one of childish behavior. So I am shutting this thread. If you think the game is too easy and you feel that you have valid ideas about making future versions of the game better then by all means make a Feature Request. I like the idea of a stronger AI and I feel that you guys should put your energy into a thread for feature requests. plus there is another thread open on the forums, and this poll doesn't tell us anything

Archived