Train heading FM19

• SI Staff

Heading is contained in several of the team sessions.

It is not available for individual training as following real-word feedback received from qualified coaches it is not something that can be trained on a one-on-one basis.

20 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Heading is contained in several of the team sessions.

It is not available for individual training as following real-word feedback received from qualified coaches it is not something that can be trained on a one-on-one basis.

Does that include crossing and tackling as well, as that was what I was looking for in individual training.

Will training strength have any effect on heading as it includes jumping reach and aerial ability?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

You often hear young players irl stating that they must improve their heading ability.

And now you're telling me that coaches don't focus on it on an individual basis? I'm struggling to believe that. But hey, I'm not the expert here.

It is absolutely possible for players to improve their heading, but it is as part of team or unit sessions, not on an individual basis.

Tbh I think it's one of the most 'coachable' skills in football. I agree that senior professional players usually are not put on individual drills to improve a particular skill (though in some cases they probably should...) but maybe this option should be available for youth players in youth squad still developing their fundamentals.

Just now, kandersson said:

Tbh I think it's one of the most 'coachable' skills in football. I agree that senior professional players usually are not put on individual drills to improve a particular skill (though in some cases they probably should...) but maybe this option should be available for youth players in youth squad still developing their fundamentals.

It's coachable, no one is disagreeing with this. This isn't the point being made though. Check Seb's comment above yours.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

It's coachable, no one is disagreeing with this. This isn't the point being made though. Check Seb's comment above yours.

And I agreed with his reasoning though i added that individual heading training (and possibly other individual skills training) should be available for youth players as they develop their skill-set.

Just now, kandersson said:

And I agreed with his reasoning though i added that individual heading training (and possibly other individual skills training) should be available for youth players as they develop their skill-set.

Senior or youth players   --  how do you do this on your own? This was the point being made by Seb.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Senior or youth players   --  how do you do this on your own? This was the point being made by Seb.

Have a coach or a teammate throwing the ball with his hands and you have to head it back? Used to do this a lot as a kid as part of light training or warming-up.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Then it's not individual anymore.

This is true for a lot of other skills and attributes though. Currently we can set an individual training focus on 'Defensive Positioning', 'Attacking Movement' and 'Final Third', these are all team-oriented skills that should require training together with a few teammates.

2 minutes ago, kandersson said:

This is true for a lot of other skills and attributes though. Currently we can set an individual training focus on 'Defensive Positioning', 'Attacking Movement' and 'Final Third', these are all team-oriented skills that should require training together with a few teammates.

If you have an issue with any of that, then a report in the bugs forum is the way to go. :thup:

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If you have an issue with any of that, then a report in the bugs forum is the way to go. Don't those fall under Unit training though?

It seems we can set those (and other attributes) as an additional individual training, which I think is ok though I'm not sure why heading (and dribbling) were removed as imo they're 'more individual' skills.

524637044_GermnPezzella_DevelopmentTraining.thumb.png.b64b7ca4039c74e0c79d25b03ac411eb.png

On 21/10/2018 at 00:36, Seb Wassell said:

It is absolutely possible for players to improve their heading, but it is as part of team or unit sessions, not on an individual basis.

Ok. Irrespective of people's opinions, arguments, etc. What is the best way to GROUP train a bunch of players to improve their heading? I have a few DCs that have a score of around the 12 mark and I need that vastly increased.

Thanks.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Ok. Irrespective of people's opinions, arguments, etc. What is the best way to GROUP train a bunch of players to improve their heading? I have a few DCs that have a score of around the 12 mark and I need that vastly increased.

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.9398d86e0922099c4383538c9031ea13.png

Archived