[FM19] Amsterdamned!

MarcxD

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Truly top stuff. Congrats on the Europa league. And seeing the prices or Christensen and Kimpembe, 101 mil is low for De Ligt.

Thanks and that's actually what I was thinking too when I saw the Christensen figure! 

14 minutes ago, john1 said:

How much money would you be tempted to sell De Ligt, if you have to sell him?

Good question... I was definitely thinking about it when Chelsea offered 90M but when I decided to just say no it was easy to say no to 100M as well. I would say if a club would offer something like 125m+ I would have to accept but I don't know until I get the offer what I will actually do :lol:

November 2021

kTm1sWw.png

Two more amazing CL wins - but after more than 50 unbeaten Eredivisie games, we lose two... in a row! Right now some back-up players simply are not performing at an acceptable level, especially on the attacking end of the pitch. Last year's topscorer Cosimo Marco da Graca right now has an average rating of 6.48 :( 

KsRum9P.png

It doesn't matter too much for the standings... we are still very safe at the top, provided we win the games in hand.

8 minutes ago, walterjocoski said:

Hello, Marc.

I'd like to ask you two things:

1. What tactic are you using?

2. How do you manage your trainings?

btw, you're doing well with a great club. ;)

Thanks mate.

I haven't changed my tactic since the first season, when I found success with a slight adaptation of the gegenpressing tactic.

4ycgB3c.png

I let my ass man do the training schedules. At first I just thought it was a bit overwhelming honestly. It really seemed and seems to work out to let him do it so I don't really see the point of interfering now!
 The only thing I do myself is individual assignments, I train them in the role I want them to play, sometimes alongside any particular additional focus.

December 2021

xnETVvF.png

An absolutely amazing win in the CL, again! But two more losses in the Eredivisie, again. Really weird contrast going on now...

V4OFlSf.png

Incredible to look at this, really.

IYLdl8y.png

But this, not so much. :stop:

Jhf6avQ.png

Overtaken by Feyenoord...

January 2022

Totally crazy month, the amounts of offers I got... and I accepted probably too many.

IkJz1B0.png

The two I'm not sure about are Dolberg and Ziyech - but there are reasons to sell them. Dolberg is no longer the best striker at the club, and as an AML he is also not perfect. Still though, he has always performed amazingly well for me so it might come back to haunt me, especially as my strikers right now are not really performing the way they should. Ziyech is a good player and is worth more than what I got, but he is 28 and has always performed inconsistently for me.

GMRRgZO.png

There are many talents at the club, but I did decide to go for some more experienced players to fill the gap in Izquierdo, Watkins and Miranchuk.

Edit - there were games to play as well....

GXmcG91.png

Ouch, a lot more points dropped. Only beat ADO, twice... 

EAj8HP3.png

5 points behind Feyenoord, wow. Can still catch up but really need to get back to winning ways soon.

February 2022

UrtKSdR.png

A lot better, and a pretty good start to the tie with Valencia. Hope for more...

JNSqUZP.png

Back in first and since Feyenoord now has had a slump of form we are safely back in first - although PSV has been catching up over the last months.

March 2022 + Youth Intake

march.png

That's remarkable if you look at it! Through to the QF's of the Champions League, to the final of the Cup and stable in the league. 

march-league-table.png

march-CL-draw.png

youth-intake.png

Not the best intake - no apparent superstars here, and the best talents are all strikers... I signed up some of the lesser ones because they had good personalities and I can't really let an Icelandic GK slip...

April - May 2022

april-may.png

We just weren't in good form here, very poor results here in the end. The Atlético game wasn't that one-sided, but well 4 low-cross goals from them plus a penalty... :rolleyes: Happy to get a good ending with the cup final though.

april-may-league-table.png

We just did enough to get the title, as PSV lost on the last day... 

april-may-jong-ajax-table.png

Reserves won yet another title, although for most of the season VVV led the league.

21 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Of course.

liverpool-18-19.png

liverpool-19-20.png

liverpool-20-21.png

liverpool-21-22.png

The number of transfers hasn't been crazy but they've pretty much only did big deals. Also noteworthy that this summer Klopp left after winning those trophies, Allegri is the new manager.

Thanks mate, really enjoying your save. Keep it up

Season Review 2021-2022 + Game World Update

post-season-season-review.png

Down turn compared to previously, domestically anyway. But we got further than we have been so far in the Champions League and we still won all domestic trophies.

post-season-best-eleven-21-22.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

post-season-manager-of-the-year.png

Second straight manager award :)

post-season-club-table.png

Game World...

post-season-EL-final.png

Napoli lost the Europa League final for the second year in a row, and Chelsea got their second win this save.

post-season-CL-final.png

Look who's won their third CL in four years, and played in all four CL finals...

National Champions:

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg
Belarus: Dinamo Minsk (2021)
Belgium: Club Brugge
Bulgaria: Levski Sofia
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Czech Republic: Sparta Prague
Denmark: FC Midtjylland
England: Liverpool
Finland: KuPS (2021)
France: Monaco
Germany: Dortmund
Greece: PAOK
Hungary: Ferencváros
Iceland: FH (2021)
Ireland: Shamrock Rovers (2021)
Israel: Beitar Jerusalem 
Italy: AS Roma
Northern Ireland: Coleraine
Norway: Rosenborg (2021)
Poland: Lech Poznan
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: FC Viitorul
Russia: Spartak Moscow
Scotland: Celtic
Serbia: Partizan
Slovakia: Slovan Bratislava
Slovenia: Maribor
Spain: Real Madrid
Sweden: Malmö (2021)
Switzerland: FC Basel
Turkey: Fenerbahçe
Ukraine: Dynamo Kyiv
Wales: TNS

post-season-world-table.png

Astonishing dominance from Liverpool, but a bit more variation this year around in Germany and Italy, while it is surprising to see PSG not win the title for two years in a row. Pretty long dry spell for Barcelona now... who finished in third behind the two Madrid teams.

The World Cup will be held in november-december 2022 in Qatar (no change in this fm!) so next season is going to be a bit different.

2022-leading-transfers.png

I forgot to post the 100m+ transfer of this last january in Kingsley Coman's deal to Chelsea so I thought I would just post the biggest transfers so far. 

2 hours ago, PortgasDiAceOP said:

great save man and really tempting for me to start one with ajax. 

Could you post the transfers olympiakos did? THanks in advance

Thanks! Of course, but the Greek league is only on view-only so that might have influenced the amount of transfers they have done.

olymp-18-19.png

olymp-19-20.png

olymp-20-21.png

olymp-21-22.png

Pre-Season + August 2022

pre-season-transfers.png

As always I got in some more talents, with Cihan Aydin the most exciting of the lot. On the last day of the transfer market I decided to get in a new goalkeeper as well for a decent sum.

pre-season-cihan-aydin.png

No big outgoings this time around, just some players not up to things anymore and loan fees. Got rid of Watkins and Carter-Vickers after buying them last season, they were both dreadful.

pre-season-psg-offer-de-ligt.png

This was the annual big De Ligt offer.

pre-season-june-100m.png

pre-season-july-100m.png

Four 100m+ transfers this summer and almost a second 200M one, PSG made a profit on Mbappé.

pre-season-mbappe-post-transfer.png

pre-season-august.png

pre-season-supercup-record.png

We did quite well in the friendlies, but had to get to the super cup pretty quickly as this season is a weird one with a world cup break in the winter. Did amazingly well in the opening match against PSV but were shocked by NEC next...

august-league-table.png

pre-season-6-0-backlash.png

This happened in the 6-0 match against PSV... 

pre-season-CL-draw.png

The CL group we have been drawn in is going to be tough. Porto are on a long streak of winning the Portuguese league and while Barca haven't won La Liga in a while, they are always a strong team. Rennes the unlikely team from Ligue 1.

September 2022

september.png

Fantastic start to the CL, disappointing to lose another game in the league though!

I think the game just took the last CL group game and took it forward so it doesn't interfere with the world cup, which explains why we started with the Barcelona double.

september-league-table.png

October 2022

october.png

Very good stuff this month, important win over Porto as well. Awesome to see youth product Roxey Hasselbaink performing so well in his first season in the first team squad.

october-league-table.png

Interesting table...

November - December 2022

december-world-cup-2022.png

Decent Dutch performance, but in the end France got themselves a repeat World Cup success. 

november-december.png

A bit of an overkill with friendlies if you ask me, but as far as the real games are concerned we did okay. Need to get something from the last CL game, for once in January.

december-league-table.png

december-injuries-urgh.png

First real injury wave of FM19...

11 hours ago, john1 said:

Surprised to see Vitesse, doing well :eek:  Can I see screenshot of Da Graca?

I was too, as they were winning game after game. They seemed to have stopped doing that now though!

cosimo.png

January 2023

january-signing.png

One new signing.... another striker, but as Da Graca and Joveljic are both now injured I could use one. Let's see how they all develop in the long term.

january-departures.png

Two sales - talented right back Gustavo was sold as he is considered as very inconsistent and I don't think he will ever reach his potential, decent sum too. Schwolow was back-up GK so that's a pretty nice sum for a 30 year old player I bought for 3M.

january.png

Fantastic result against Rennes, but some poor games against title rivals PSV and I guess you could call Vitesse that too!

january-league-table.png

So that means PSV are looking very good on the table, while we have the same amount of points dropped as Vitesse... 

january-CL-group.png

We did do very well in the CL group and finished first, Barcelona just missed out. Poor Rennes :( 

February 2023

february.png

Really good run including a big away win in the CL, but sucks to drop some points in the end anyway.

february-league-table.png

That means the league is very very close... Vitesse doing amazing still, and PSV have dropped just enough points so that they are on the same amount of points dropped as us. Three way title race for now.

33 minutes ago, deltablue said:

The Danes did well. 

Definitely, no wonder with my former players Dolberg and Kristensen... (and former ajax star Eriksen) ;) 

Having €210M transfered Andreas Christensen doesn't hurt them either I guess!

4 minutes ago, john1 said:

He looks decent, Is he a regen?

No, he starts at Palermo, but on loan to Juventus, probably with a buy clause. I bought him from Palermo for 4.4M

4 minutes ago, john1 said:

Decent month, good to see you beat Chelsea in first leg, surprised Barca, didn't get through :eek: 

Because of us, Porto beat us once but Barca didn't. 

4 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Great progress as always. The league has been really competitive in the past two seasons. How the other teams doing in Europe?

Thank you. PSV is really the only other team to make it to the knock-out rounds (in the Europa League), but gets knocked out pretty quickly. The other teams get some wins here and there, but not really much to write home about. Yet.

March 2023 + Youth Intake

march.png

Very up and down month, with us making it way too difficult for ourselves in the league. We did beat Chelsea in the CL! Very important that we managed to beat Vitesse at the end of the month as well, although it was a close game.

march-CL-draw.png

Manchester derby... Dortmund will be tough - reigning Bundesliga winners.

march-league-table.png

It could very well go to the last matchday to decide who's going to win the Eredivisie.

march-youth-intake.png

The worst intake so far, nothing great here as far as I can judge. Perhaps one of them will surprise me.

April 2023

april.png

fantastic month as we not only won all Eredivisie games, we beat Dortmund and even managed to beat Liverpool at home! They should still beat us in their stadium but you never know... And we won the cup!

april-league-table.png

PSV screwed up so now we just have to win the last game - Twente away. PSV play AZ at home, while Vitesse go away at Groningen.

Season Review 2022-2023 + World Update

post-season-season-review.png

Maybe apart from the first season the toughest league win yet; we are dropping too many points and other teams are doing quite well. It's certainly not a given that we win the league every year.

post-season-best-eleven-22-23.png

I was planning on letting Tadic go after this season but this might've been his best yet, at 34 years old... He signed a one year extension which also makes him a u-19 coach. Other notable must be Hasselbaink, very impressive first season from the newgen.

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

De Ligt and Van de Beek the first to cross the 200 games mark :D Hopefully many more to come.

post-season-squad.png

post-season-manager-of-the-year.png

Got myself another manager of the year award - although imo it probably should've gone to Peter Bosz.

post-season-club-table.png

Game World Update

post-season-EL-final.png

Barcelona won the Europa League, so at least they had some success. Still with Messi and Suárez! The latter signed a new deal, so he will play for them at the very least until he is 37.

post-season-CL-final.png

Still the only team this save that has managed to beat Liverpool in a knock-out game... second final of these two that United won. 5 straight CL finals for Liverpool, 6 if you count the IRL 2017-2018 season!

National Champions:

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg
Belarus: BATE (2022)
Belgium: Club Brugge
Bulgaria: Ludogorets
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Czech Republic: Slavia Prague
Denmark: FC Midtjylland
England: Liverpool
Finland: HJK (2022)
France: PSG
Germany: Bayern
Greece: PAOK
Hungary: Vidi FC
Iceland: FH (2022)
Ireland: Shamrock Rovers (2022)
Israel: Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Italy: AS Roma
Northern Ireland: Crusaders
Norway: Molde (2022)
Poland: Lech Poznan
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: U Craiova
Russia: Spartak Moscow
Scotland: Celtic
Serbia: Partizan
Slovakia: Slovan Bratislava
Slovenia: Olimpija
Spain: Real Madrid
Sweden: Malmö (2022)
Switzerland: Young Boys
Turkey: Fenerbahçe
Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk
Wales: Connah's Quay

post-season-world-table.png

Liverpool stil won the Premier League though, so their amazing dominance continues. Most of the other big leagues got their usual suspects back in first.

Porto actually became the first team to win 6 in a row in Portugal.

Liverpool is a force to be reckoned, now more than ever. And it's the first time that I see Roma doing anything of value with an AI coach, they were always battling for survival in Serie A in FM18. Who is the manager now?

Archived