[FM19] Amsterdamned!

MarcxD

Deisler must like that RKC promotion. ;) The Eredivisie looks even more exciting than it is IRL, might need to pick up FM19 and see for myself eventually, as I can't in FM18 due to an annoying freezing bug.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, PT-KK said:

Porto actually became the first team to win 6 in a row in Portugal.

Liverpool is a force to be reckoned, now more than ever. And it's the first time that I see Roma doing anything of value with an AI coach, they were always battling for survival in Serie A in FM18. Who is the manager now?

roma-past-managers.png

Roma has had quite a few managers... but it has been Marcelo Gallardo that led them to success. He left now though, to become Chelsea's new manager (after they sacked Pep).

17 hours ago, john1 said:

Pretty decent season :thup: 

SI must have put drugs cheat on Liverpool players since they winning Premier League and Champions League :D 

I know right, I wonder when their dominance will end. 

16 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Deisler must like that RKC promotion. ;) The Eredivisie looks even more exciting than it is IRL, might need to pick up FM19 and see for myself eventually, as I can't in FM18 due to an annoying freezing bug.

It has been cool to see a club like Vitesse battling for the title, I was afraid after the second and third season or so that it really was going to be only PSV to ever challenge me in the Eredivisie.

Pre-Season + August 2023

pre-season-transfers.png

A bit of a different transfer summer - I decided to splash the cash if you will on the two talents that my scouts have rated the highest - Antolic and Hodler. Meret is a direct replacement for first choice GK - as I have loaned out Angus Gunn to Inter for 3M+ with a 25M mandatory future fee. As Meret is better and on half the wages as Gunn was, that was a pretty safe choice. 

pre-season-Hodler.png

I did already buy an AMC last year, but this guy was just too good to let slip.

pre-season-100m-transfers.png

Two big transfers this summer - both amazing young strikers from Monaco, poached by the Manchester teams.

pre-season-pellegri.png

pre-season-geubbels.png

As a more general update here are the biggest transfers so far:

pre-season-world-leading-transfers-update-2023.png

pre-season-job-offer-2.png

pre-season-job-offer.png

Some of Europe's biggest clubs want me as their manager now...

pre-season-august.png

Very strong performance in pre-season and perfect start to the competitive matches.

august-league-table.png

No other team did as well as us.

pre-season-CL-draw.png

We were drawn out of the second pot now, an interesting group. 

January 2024

january-signing.png

I only got one new player in, a talented left winger who'll start in Jong Ajax.

january-departures.png

But I did do a lot of outgoing transfers - and two very big ones. I decided to sell van Dijk, because even though he is an amazingly talented left back he was complaining all the damn time and he was by nature very inconsistent. I thought the Markovic sum was just too good to reject. I have recalled a young central defender who was on loan to replace Markovic in the first team squad.

january-100m-signings.png

There was much to do elsewhere as well, as there were four 100m+ transfers this january, including the first newgen one (and Kessié's second one).

january-most-expensive-transfer-newgen.png

january.png

There was also some actual football to be played, super strong performances all around - no goals conceded :D

january-league-table.png

12 points ahead, this looks like the safest run to the title yet - quite the contrast with last year.

8 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Looks like quality centre backs are really valuable these days.

Yeah, it's been remarkable how many of the big transfers have been defensive players. Good that the AI doesn't just spend on strikers, I guess!

March 2024 + Youth Intake

march.png

Amazing result against Monaco, and still going very well domestically.

march-CL-draw.png

We're facing Roma again! They beat Liverpool last round, so for the first time in this save Liverpool haven't made it to the final.

march-league-table.png

Champions. Easiest so far - a bit worrying to see the extreme downturn of PSV. They also finished 4th in their CL group this year.

march-youth-intake.png

One big talent, the others are so so but signed up all players that aren't completely ***** as always.

march-yp6a.png

Jumping reach 1, not even 160cm tall, not even 50kg... strength 5. Oh. Guess he'll just have to stay away from any opposing players then.

April 2024

april.png

Continued what we have been doing all season, winning. Looking good for our very first Champions League final...

april-league-table.png

League already done, and we utterly dominated. Groningen to the CL... very poor showing from PSV. Surely this will the end of Van Bommel's reign?

May 2024

may.png

Damn, just got short that little bit. A perfect domestic season will have to do for now.

may-league-table.png

may-jong-ajax-table.png

Yet another title for the reserves as well - and two former amateur clubs stay in the league. 

Season Review 2023-2024 + Game World Update

post-season-season-review.png

Incredibly dominant domestically, just need a bit more luck and perhaps just that little bit more to get that CL final and the trophy.

post-season-best-eleven-23-24.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

first homegrown newgen in the best eleven overall in Roxey Hasselbaink.

post-season-squad.png

post-season-club-table.png

Game World

post-season-EL-final.png

Chelsea won their third Europa League this save...

post-season-CL-final.png

and PSG won the first non-english Champions League title.

National champions:

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg
Belarus: Dinamo Brest (2023)
Belgium: Club Brugge
Bulgaria: Ludogorets
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Czech Republic: Sparta Prague
Denmark: FC Kobenhavn
England: Liverpool
Finland: HJK (2023)
France: PSG
Germany: Bayer Leverkusen
Greece: AEK
Hungary: Vidi FC
Iceland: FH (2023)
Ireland: Shamrock Rovers (2023)
Israel: Hapoel Be'er-Sheva
Italy: Internazionale
Northern Ireland: Crusaders
Norway: Molde (2023)
Poland: Lech Poznan
Portugal: Sporting
Romania: FC Viitorul
Russia: Spartak Moscow
Scotland: Celtic
Serbia: Partizan
Slovakia: Slovan Bratislava
Slovenia: Olimpija
Spain: FC Barcelona
Sweden: Malmö (2023)
Switzerland: FC Basel
Turkey: Fenerbahçe
Ukraine: Dynamo Kyiv
Wales: TNS

post-season-Euro-2024.png

It was also time for Euro 2024... Denmark did well again, unlike the Dutch. But the finalists were the countries that won the last euro's (Spain) and World Cup (France). In the end Spain did a repeat of four years ago.

post-season-world-table.png

Interesting to see that the Premier League seems to be more dominated by one team than the other top 5 leagues...

Pre-Season + August 2024

pre-season-job-offer.png

Biggest job offer so far, perhaps.

pre-season-transfers.png

Pretty incredible transfer summer, as we got in nearly 180M in sales but barely lost any first teamers. Ambrosio and Memisevic have never even played a single game for the first team, while Arnaud made 12 in total. All talented players for sure, so it's going to be interesting if they make it at their new clubs. The offers were just too good and I didn't really need them per se. The Gunn deal was already agreed last season, and I got rid of Marco da Graca as I got a better striker with what seems like much more potential in Freddy Andre. The biggest sum I've paid so far, and I don't plan to top it, really. 

I also sold both of my right backs, Nagy and Johnstone, and replaced them with Bellanova and Götze. 

pre-season-june-153m.png

pre-season-july-transfer.png

Two 100m+ transfers this summer, with one of the biggest overall in Ruiz.

pre-season-153m-profile.png

pre-season-august.png

Looking like a very good start, but no very tough games so far.

august-league-table.png

pre-season-CL-draw.png

Really a group we should be able to top, although of course Leverkusen has to be respected as Bundesliga winner.

September 2024

september.png

Had a little bit of a tough time against PSV, so a draw was fair. Very good results and play elsewhere.

september-league-table.png

Let's see how long PSV, Feyenoord and Utrecht? will keep up - if we don't make any mistakes.

13 hours ago, After said:

I just lost two consecutives Champion's League finals to Liverpool so it's not only your game.

Ouch, sorry man! But that's good to know, actually. It makes sense that they are a strong team, especially since the gegenpressing tactical style seems strong in this game. But their dominance is a bit much. 

November 2024

november.png

Almost shocked by ADO before we were later actually defeated by Shakhtar in the Champions League. But we are still playing very well.

november-league-table.png

PSV and Feyenoord really not doing badly either.

December 2024

december.png

Amazing month, zero goals conceded.

december-league-table.png

10 points lead on both PSV and Feyenoord halfway and seriously looking good for a second straight unbeaten season.

december-CL-group.png

december-CL-draw.png

Should be a doable first KO round.

January 2025

january-departures.png

Some departures - and another young player leaving for big money before making to the first team in Beltman... Gibson had done well in his half year at the club as left back but was complaining already so he was let go to Spurs. The Arzani deal includes a 15M optional future fee.

january-signings.png

I signed a few new players - Mauersberger a young talented GK and Sessegnon and Cucurella as new left-backs as replacement for Gibson - they were transferlisted. 

january.png

Surprisingly dropped some points against NEC but did manage to beat both Feyenoord and PSV at home. 

january-league-table.png

April 2025

april.png

Fantastic stuff against Atlético and that City game! First CL final incoming, surely.

april-league-table.png

april-attendance-wat.png

april-attendance-wat-2.png

I guess this is bugged, as I haven't got any message about any upgrade but all of a sudden have a lot of extra places.

6 minutes ago, john1 said:

Shame about losing to Feyenoord to lose that unbeaten run :( 

Hopefully you can get past Atlético :thup: 

EDIT: Oops, came so close to beating them :( 

Look again, we did beat them!

May 2025

may.png

We made our very first Champions League final, but just couldn't quite cope with Bayern. Disappointingly Matthijs de Ligt got a red card and Roxey Hasselbaink got a very lengthy injury...

may-league-table.png

may-jong-ajax-table.png

For the very first time this save my reserves did not win the second tier... always funny to see a team in 13th getting promoted.

Season Review 2024-2025 + Game World Update

Dominated the league again, and almost made it to that CL title. Close, but not yet...

post-season-best-eleven-24-25.png

Two amazing strikers in Andre and De Los Santos, but perhaps the performance of the season came from Roxey Hasselbaink.

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

Game World

post-season-el-final.png

We already know who won the CL final, but the Europa league has gone to another English team.

National champions:

Belarus: BATE (2024)
Belgium: KRC Genk
Bulgaria: Levski
Czech Republic: Slavia Prague
Finland: HJK (2024)
Germany: Bayern
Greece: PAOK
Hungary: Ferencváros
Iceland: FH (2024)
Ireland: Shamrock Rovers (2024)
Israel: Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Italy: Juventus
Northern Ireland: Crusaders
Norway: Rosenborg (2024)
Poland: Legia Warsaw
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: FCSB
Slovenia: Maribor
Spain: Atlético
Sweden: Gefle IF (2024)
Switzerland: Young Boys
Turkey: Galatasaray
Ukraine: Shakhtar
Wales: Connah's Quay

post-season-world-table.png

Yep, Liverpool kept their streak going. Finally Club Brugge is no longer the sole title winner in Belgium, although in many of the other countries the expected winners return. 

Pre-Season + August 2025

pre-season-job-offer.png

Europe's biggest club wants me as their manager... Allegri left to manage Real Madrid. Thomas Tuchel ended up as their new manager after a lengthy stay at PSG.

pre-season-transfers.png

My biggest signing is probably the free one in Angel Correa, very good option especially for the AML position now that Hasselbaink will miss a large chunk of the season. Two Serbian talents were added alongside a new central defender, as I sold Schuurs and I needed a new strong 3rd choice. Joveljic just not good enough anymore, pretty decent sum for him. Also goodbye to long-standing leftback Tagliafico.

0CHUTgy.png

There was only one 100m+ transfer this summer, and it was the second one for Pellegri. Man Utd made a 15M loss on  him.

pre-season-club-rankings-1st-wat.png

pre-season-club-rankings.png

This is pretty bizarre, we haven't even won the CL yet. But the most consistent, I guess... 

pre-season-august.png

Feels good to start the season by beating Feyenoord twice, but we couldn't quite do a perfect start.

august-league-table.png

pre-season-CL-draw.png

A hard group, but we should still be able to qualify from it.

November 2025

november.png

Happy to get the home win against Napoli, but a poor performance against Arsenal. Will need to win the last game against Celtic to make sure of qualification. The AZ game was the first starting match for Hasselbaink this season after his injury. Happy with that, although Correa has done very well on his position.

november-league-table.png

January 2026

january-signings.png

Two signings - always keeping up with new talents and a senior new right back in Tete, making his return after many years away from the club!

january-injury.png

And then this happened in his second game...

january-departure.png

Only loaned a player out this month, to PSV... not necessarily my first choice of course.

january.png

january-league-table.png

February 2026

february.png

Incredible month - having a game against Man City and PSV within 5 days and having a GD of 6-0... and not conceding any goals at all during the month. One of the best months I can remember ever.

february-league-table.png

2025-2026 Season Review + Game World Update

A clean sweep of trophies, unbeaten season... that 5th CL victory for the club! Fantastic.

post-season-best-11.pngpost-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-squad-view.png

Some of the great players at the club: 

Freddy Andre Marcel De Los Santos Matthijs de Ligt Nathan Hodler Roxey Hasselbaink (yp1b) Ryan Gravenberch Alex Meret

post-season-state-of-the-club.png

I thought this was a pretty good sign of where we are as a club... 14 players going to the world cup including three B-team players... (Celjak, Gootjes and Estol)

Game World Update

post-season-EL-final.png

Two new finalists in the Europa League.

national champions: 

Belarus: Torpedo Zhodino (2025)
Belgium: Anderlecht
Bulgaria: Levski
Czech Republic: Slavia Prague
Finland: HJK (2025)
Germany: Bayern
Greece: PAOK
Hungary: Vidi FC
Iceland: FH (2025)
Ireland: Shamrock Rovers (2025)
Israel: Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Italy: Juventus
Northern Ireland: Coleraine
Norway: Brann (2025)
Poland: Lech Poznan
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: FC Viitorul
Slovenia: Maribor
Spain: Real Madrid
Sweden: Gefle IF (2025)
Switzerland: FC Basel
Turkey: Genclerbirligi
Ukraine: Shakhtar
Wales: Connah's Quay

Oh, there also was a 48-team World Cup.

post-season-WORLD-CUP-2026.png

(when you have to lower the size of the letters in-game to make this screenshot....)

A first World Cup for Colombia! :D 

Another strong showing from Denmark.... When we look at the teams that have made it to the knock-out rounds perhaps the most surprising is Qatar.

D7GGROo.png

Future...

I am not sure yet if I am going to continue this. The full game is out now, and I have a plan for a big save but that will need some certain league data edits to come out. The Fraud thread is now going on, and I am definitely thinking about joining that. Not deleting this thread or my save, but now that I won the CL the main driving force seems to be gone.

Whatever I decide to do, it's been fun managing Ajax again, even though it has been much of a smooth ride. Cheers for reading.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived