[FM18] Growing up Down Wembley Way

Bedese

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake Day!

a7f03bfbe3db58df6cdf3ed6c0b316b4.png

Delighted with the number of second nationalities we got this year :) 

8c3e8910fdc8eb2bb329b0e6cfe95b27.png

He's way too good for this level. I doubt he's here a month.

b244f44d6d06f9e8c56907ba04f11d11.png

Ahh, the traditional RB/ST combo. He looks good as a winger, though.

Meh - McVeigh is Irish anyway. ;) 

I know the club is amateur, but as his youth team can you at least cash in on him when some bigger club comes calling?

11 hours ago, dllu said:

Meh - McVeigh is Irish anyway. ;) 

I know the club is amateur, but as his youth team can you at least cash in on him when some bigger club comes calling?

Unfortunately, I don't believe so :( 

End of Season:

ef7f259637705d553e1a74ecf05936bf.png

298c46a0c90427e3dd64842abd63feef.png

A superb end of season sees us go 11 games unbeaten to end the year! The change all came about when we changed our assistant manager (as I'm letting him take charge of matches at this level, he makes the difference!)

Here's our new one:

d67fcc7841c9f633dc7ad10d6448f680.png

He's absolutely superb for this level. If he sticks around all of next season, we'll be right in the mix.

EDIT: I forgot to add, our job status was 'very insecure' even after 6 wins on the bounce. If we'd lost once in those 11 games, we'd probably have been fired :lol: 

Well done on dodging the wrath of the board so far. ;) 

So Barnwell didn't even stay long enough to change the wallpaper on his computer, but I guess those are the conditions you have to work with at this level. Hopefully Sam Salmon (great name) will stick around a bit longer.

7 hours ago, dllu said:

Well done on dodging the wrath of the board so far. ;) 

So Barnwell didn't even stay long enough to change the wallpaper on his computer, but I guess those are the conditions you have to work with at this level. Hopefully Sam Salmon (great name) will stick around a bit longer.

Yeah, I think we're just going to have to get used to a high turnover of staff at this level, unfortunately!

2ea4f569b20274038b0e36e1b2609277.png

Nooooo :( 

I'm not upset that he's left, but he's rejected offers from some decent teams before, and AFC Bridgford are also a L12 team! He could have done a lot better... he leaves us with 20 goals in 14 games this year, giving him an average rating of 8.31. Pretty good...

6 minutes ago, CPFC,Moses said:

Loving this so far.  Shame McVeigh went but least you got an absolute gem in to replace him.  Has Mathews already got clubs sniffing round?

Cheers!706343c0fa95e2908863ec2d4bb01cfb.png

Our players are quite popular with other clubs, it seems :lol: 

How far up in the pyramid do you reckon you would have to go before being able to turn semi-pro?

I know getting to the top isn't the point of this save, but it would be nice to at least get the board off your back... :) 

Brexit makes English LLM more difficult coz a decent international is unlikely to join lower league while non-international palyers are difficult to secure work permit.

I had a 2-caps Irish international who was my top goalscorer in League 2, was forced to retire at age of 25 coz he could not secure work permit to play professional football. 

12 hours ago, dllu said:

How far up in the pyramid do you reckon you would have to go before being able to turn semi-pro?

I know getting to the top isn't the point of this save, but it would be nice to at least get the board off your back... :) 

It's a good question! I reckon anywhere between Level 10 and 8 (so 2-4 promotions) - we're (somehow) making a bit of profit every year though, so that gives us a good base to work with!

11 hours ago, JavierChicharito14 said:

Brexit makes English LLM more difficult coz a decent international is unlikely to join lower league while non-international palyers are difficult to secure work permit.

I had a 2-caps Irish international who was my top goalscorer in League 2, was forced to retire at age of 25 coz he could not secure work permit to play professional football. 

We've got a 17 foreign player limit now instead of work permits, but I'm not quite sure whether that's the same for all leagues or just the Premiership? 

26 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

We've got a 17 foreign player limit now instead of work permits, but I'm not quite sure whether that's the same for all leagues or just the Premiership? 

The 17 foreigners limit is for any league that uses a squad registration, like the Premiership(maybe all of league football). For non-league divisions that don't have a squad registration limit, it remains work permits. I believe it's also made harder to get a work permit too.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

The 17 foreigners limit is for any league that uses a squad registration, like the Premiership(maybe all of league football). For non-league divisions that don't have a squad registration limit, it remains work permits. I believe it's also made harder to get a work permit too.

Ahhhh, cheers! 

9 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

I wonder why the city here is specifically Harrow, but it only lists 'London' for all our regens? A bit more specificity would be superb :( 

In FM16 (the latest version I own), there are ca. 50 "cities" in the editor with London as their local region, so it's not for lack of options.

On 04/08/2018 at 01:20, shaunvamos said:

I love this idea, I didn't know the area around Wembley was so poor 😕

I was in the Wembley area around six years ago with my now wife, going to Wembley Stadium for a Robbie Williams concerts. It was a right **** hole then. Has it changed?

On 08/08/2018 at 08:03, JavierChicharito14 said:

Why would he retire rather than play in another country?

22 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Most of those key passes must have been accidents...

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I was in the Wembley area around six years ago with my now wife, going to Wembley Stadium for a Robbie Williams concerts. It was a right **** hole then. Has it changed?

Unfortunately not!

5 小时前, Nobby_McDonald说:

Why would he retire rather than play in another country?

Probably I havent loaded a lot of leagues .

I've loaded English League 2 , and Top 5 Leagues. 

Should I've loaded Scottish, Irish league, he could join these 2 leagues .

I should have given him a permanent trail tho to keep him fresh tho.... 

Gutted to lose him :(

Archived