[FM18] Red Dogs Rising - Another romanian story

Andy Sava

FiÈier:Logo Dinamo BucureÈti.svg

Red Dogs Rising - Career Introduction

So here we are again. This will be my second attempt at doing this career. The first attempt was in FM16 with my RYB Career - A Romanian Story in FM16 where i tackled both the Dinamo Bucharest club and the Romanian National Team with the goal of bringing them both to new heights. The Romania NT was a complete success after we shocked the world by winning the 2018 World Cup. The club was almost a success after we won 20 consecutive league titles, 14 Romanian Cups, 14 League Cups and 1 Europa League. The only thing we missed was the Champions League after reaching the finals once and 4 other semi-finals. I consider this as one of my greatest saves in FM and i want to finish what i started. 

So here i am, going back to my favorite club, except this time i will not give up until we win a Champions League. This is the beginning of Red Dogs Rising!

Club introduction

Founded in 1948, the club has spent it's entire history in Liga I, the top tier of the Romanian football league system. Domestically Dinamo Bucharest is one of the two most successful teams in Romania, having won 18 Liga I titles, 13 Romanian Cups, 2 Romanian Supercups and one League Cup. In the 1983-1984 season they became the second Romanian club to reach the semi-finals of the European Cup (now Champions League).

Dinamo's traditional colours are white and red and their nickname is "the Red Dogs" while the current crest is a modified version of the one adopted in the 1998. They are currently playing at National Arena, their stadium (Dinamo Stadium) being renovated for UEFA Euro 2020 (in the game it seems they are playing at Dinamo Stadium). The club holds a strong rivalry with neighbouring FCSB, with matches between the two being commonly reffered to as "the Eternal Derby".

The Squad

A pretty decent squad for now but i will definitely look to improve it as soon as possible.

20a4d8d3b69915776c8b3e37f1befdc5.png

Goals

The short term goal is to win the league as soon as possible. We need the exposure that the European competitions bring in order to improve our squad. I expect this time to be even more difficult than in FM16 due to the Dynamics system and the fact the good players will be looking to move to better leagues which will definitely cause trouble in the locker room. I'll just have to find a good balance in order to achieve our objectives.

The goal of the career is to win the Champions League. Last time it was pretty difficult and the most i could achieve was a final. This time i think it will be harder but that will not stop us.

Good luck with that. Will be easier than in real life as I don't think Negoita can be such a cheap and devious owner in-game. But you will struggle a lot given the poor reputation of the league and the drop in coefficients Romania had the last years.

P.S. Forza Steaua! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Red Dogs Rising

Inaugural Report - Season 1 - 2017/2018

The Club

The Squad

For the first season i will keep the squad as it is just to keep the finances in check at the start (the board gave us a transfer budget of 0 Euros, finances are not that great). The first team looks decent enough and we have some good prospects in Under 19s we can use as back up.

Goalkeepers: Laurentiu Branescu (On loan from Juventus), Vlad Mutiu, Jaime Penedo

Defenders: Constantin Nica (On loan from Atalanta), Luka Maric, Giorgos Katsikas, Mihai Popescu, Ionut Nedelcearu, Romera, Maximiliano Oliva

Midfielders: Alin Dudea, Vlad Olteanu, Dan Nistor, Ionut Serban, Aitor Monroy, Antun Palic, Sergiu Hanca, Gabriel Torje (On loan from Akhmat), Ivan Pesic, Diogo Salomo, May Mahlangu

Strikers: Adam Nemec, Jeremy Bokila (On loan from Akhisarspor), Daniel Popa

Young Prospects: Robert Moldoveanu, Constantin Dima (On loan to Sepsi OSK), Andrei Mitran, Gabriel Raducan, Mihai Neicutescu (On loan at Chindia Targoviste), Andrei Tircoveanu (On loan at Gaz Metan Medias)

Team report: We lack fullbacks, only two options on the left side, but we have pretty good depth in the attach.

I need to make the most of the players we have since we can only sign free agents as we have no trunsfer budget. We are also close to our wage budget limit.

Tactics

My go to tactic in the last few editions of FM: 4-2-3-1

image.thumb.png.33abb8e05258942261f7b18d16c3be00.png

I have a basic 4-4-2 set up as back up for match training but will probably never play it. I like the play style of 4-2-3-1 and will keep using it.

Board expectations

Liga I: Around top of the league

Romanian Cup: Semi-Final

Europa League: Group Stages

There are only 2 objectives that matter to me this season: qualifying for the group stages in Europa League and winning the title. These two will probably sky rocket the confidence the players and the board have in me and will start increasing our reputation as a club so we can start bringing in quality players.

This is how my season started:

image.thumb.png.96b07a2f3e858a39dfc6ea157a3a6875.png

The AC Milan double was a real thriller. They scored first in both games. We managed to win the home game and finished 1-1 away after they had a penalty in the 82nd minute. Our keeper saved it, ball went back to Milan who had 3 shots (including penalty) in like 5 seconds but our keeper was a god and carried us to the Europa League Playoffs. Needless to say that the 0-5 loss was an absolute train wreck and after the game i got a news notification that the players will pay for our fans expenses for the trip away for that game.

Red Dogs Rising

Season 1 - 2017/2018 - End of season report

The Club

Transfers | Squad | Information | Finances | Records | Best Eleven

Probably the first time i had no action in the transfer market. The team at the start of the season looked good enough and we had no transfer budget. Started to set up some scouting but nothing worth trying to go over budget came up.

At the start of 2018 the team has relocated to the National Arena Stadium, paying rent to play our home games there. This is wierd since we have our own stadium and would have rather stayed there and expand it. Nothing against playing at National Arena, it's a great stadium, it just isn't our real home.

Finances were really good since we didn't spend anything and we made some good money from the competitions we took part in.

The Season

The Domestic Season

Liga I - League Table - Fixtures | Liga I Champions Playoff - Fixtures | Season Records

Romanian Cup - Fixtures | Season Records

A perfect domestic season. I am really delighted with this even though it was a thriller of a season and there were some points in the season where i thought we won't make it at the end.

The first half of the regular season in Liga I was a roller coster filled with both great and horrible results. Because of this we had to play catch up and, even though we lost only one game between november and the end of the season, we barely just made it. We won the title in the last game of the playoffs when we finished 2-2 against Sepsi OSK and CSU Craiova lost away at CFR Cluj. We tied CSU Craiova with the same number of points but we won the title due to better head-to-head record. The highlight of the season was probably our 6-1 victory against CSU Craiova.

The Romanian Cup final was a pretty straightforward affair for us but the real thriller came in the semi-finals where we played FC Viitorul. We played the first game at home and we only finished with a 2-2 draw with a penalty for us in the final minutes of the game. The second leg we played better and we were leading the game 2-1 but a lucky goal for FC Viitorul in the last seconds of the overtime took us to extra-time. FC Viitorul scored first in extra-time but we managed to hit them back and qualify for the final on away goals. In the final we outplayed our opposition, winning the Romanian Cup with a 4-1 victory even though Concordia Chiajna gave us trouble in the league even handing us one of our worst defeats, 0-5.

The European Season

Europa League

Fixtures | Season Records

Overall it was a great run where we exceeded everyone expectations. Great foundation for our first attempt in the Champions League next season.

3rd Qualifying Round

I lost all hope when we got AC Milan for this round. A first game at home where we won 3-2 gave us some of that hope back but it was still going to be a hard game in the second leg. We somehow managed to hang on with a 1-1 draw and went on to the next round.

Playoff

We probably got the hardest opponent from our group in the Playoff draw, Galatasaray. It was an uneventful first game that finised 0-0 and we qualified for the group stage with another 1-1 draw on away goals.

Group Stage

We got a pretty good group, probably result of all the bad luck in the qualifying rounds (or reward for all the work we put in to get here), with OM, Viktoria Plzen and Vit. Guimaraes. We only lost the games against OM and we qualified from 2nd place with 2 wins against Viktoria Plzen and 1 win and a draw against Vit. Guimaraes. 

Results: 0-2 H vs. OM, 0-0 A vs. Vit. Guimaraes, 2-1 A vs. Viktoria Plzen, 3-1 H vs. Viktoria Plzen, 2-3 A vs. OM, 3-1 H vs. Vit. Guimaraes

1st KO Round

The first game gave us some hope we will get to the next round after we won at home 2-1. That hope got shattered to pieces in the away game where Roma hammered us 2-5. Even if the loss was tough to take we atleast gave them a fight by winning the first game and i'm please with this for a first season in Europe.

Season's Best Eleven

image.thumb.png.caa36bfaa22f71babd52274758a611e3.png

First Eleven

GK - Jaime Penedo - <26 Apps, 34 Goals Allowed, 9 Shutouts, 6.96 Av Rat>

DR - Romera - <35(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.18 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <35 Apps, 2 Goals, 7.09 Av Rat>

DC - Giorgos Katsikars - <28(1) Apps, 2 Goals, 6.94 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva - <32 Apps, 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.20 Av Rat>

MC - Dan Nistor - <40(1) Apps, 9 Goals, 3 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.30 Av Rat>

MC - May Mahlangu - <29(5) Apps, 7 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoM,7.21 Av Rat>

AMR - Gabriel Torje - <38(3) Apps, 7 Goals, 20 Assists, 8 PoM, 7.43 Av Rat>

AMC - Antun Palic - <26(3) Apps, 7 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.42 Av Rat>

AML - Diogo Salomao - <29(4) Apps, 4 Goals, 7 Assists, 6.93 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa - <21(7) Apps, 18 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.09 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Laurentiu Branescu - <16 Apps, 18 Goals Allowed, 6 Shutouts, 7.00 Av Rat>

DC - Luka Maric

DL - Vlad Olteanu - <7(1) Apps,1 Assist,6.80 Av Rat>

MC/AMC - Aitor Monroy - <20(8) Apps, 8 Goals, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <22(10) Apps,4 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoM,7.11 Av Rat>

DR/DL - Constantin Nica - <9(13) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 6.83 Av Rat>

ST - Adam Nemec - <15(3) Apps, 9 Goals, 1 Assist, 2 PoM, 7.11 Av Rat>

It seems i waited to long to do the report and i lost the stats for Europa League.

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17/18         1st            Winners               N/A                   N/A 

Trophy Case

Liga I (1): 2018
Romanian Cup (1): 2018

Ok, so i ran into a problem. We have to play in the Champions League starting in the 1st Qualifying Round but i am having a pretty big problem. My players are not registered to play in Champions League but i did not have a registration option before the game. The first registration day is after the 1st QR. Is this intented?

image.thumb.png.5c1d19d69e845e9b073317571439c4f6.png

I did not have any news item about registering my team on those dates...What am i suposed to do, play the game with my u19 team?

Edit: A quick google search showed me this problem existed ever since launch. How is this still happening? I've also had some wierd stuff happening in my first season, at some point in the season the start of the month board confidence and squad dynamics updates stoped showing.

Edit 2: Reloaded the save as i had just saved it on 1st of July. Going on the registration screen it shows the next registration date as 6/7/2018 but it doesn't let me register any players on that date. And again no news item on my feed about having to register my squad

In the end i had to build a team with my youth players for this qualifying round. Some of them have really great potential but i never thought we will manage this. I also never ever thought i will have to play in the Champions League with a full team of young players.

image.thumb.png.2afa99b34da510ff96248103899d7e53.pngimage.thumb.png.874b0af97129f94b2ac74d08d4e15d0c.png

Red Dogs Rising

Season 2 - 2018/2019 - End of season report

The Club

Another season where i gave a chance to our younger players to fill in for some of those who left the club (not too many, and the most important loses were those who were on loan last season). The first new players came in January when i brought in a new fullback and a young brazilian striker.

Juraj Chvatal - Slovakian international fullback. Was signed as i felt a bit week on the fullback positions and he can play both sides.

Adelson - Young brazilian striker. I wouldn't say i needed another striker but i have a weakness for young south american players and he was a free agent.

I'm not sure why but match stats for the games in the start of the season are not available (can not click on the result to go to the match). I'm not sure what is causing this as i haven't found any setting. Maybe it's because i have the save in the cloud?

The Season

The Domestic Season

Liga I - League Table - Fixtures | Liga I Champions Playoff - Fixtures | Season Records

A much easier season, as expected, even if our start was not the best. We played alot of matches due to the Champions League qualifying rounds and that cost us a bit in the league. Howeve, wins like 4-0 against CSU Craiova or 6-2 against FCSB made our season and we finished it without any trouble.

The European Season

Champions League

Qualifying Rounds

We started the in the 1st QR where we encountered the registration problem. Somehow we managed to qualify against Buducnost using our U19 team after 0-0 away and 2-1 at home.

The 2nd QR gave us Dundalk but this time we were able to register our team and we had no issues with them. Qualified after 6-2 away and 2-0 at home.

In the 3rd QR we choked hard against Slovan Bratislava losing the home game 1-2. We won the away game 1-0 but that was not enough as Slovan Bratislava qualified on away goals. Oh, and we had 2 missed penalties in the away game...

Europa League

4th Qualifying Round

We got Buducnost again but this time we could play our full team. Even so, we lost 0-1 away but we qualified due to our 3-1 win at home.

Group Stage

A pretty easy group this year as we got Club Brugge, Apoel and Rostov. We had no issues in geting 1st place in the group.

Results: 3-0 H vs. APOEL, 4-1 A vs. Rostov, 0-1 H vs. Club Brugge, 3-2 A vs. Club Brugge, 2-2 A vs. APOEL, 3-2 H vs. Rostov

1st KO Round

The luck we had for the group stage did a 180 and gave us Juventus for the 1st KO Round. I wasn't expecting much going into the encounter and surprisingly we only lost the first game 1-3 away. We took that and in the home leg we managed to surprise Juventus and get a 1-0 win, also coming close a few times to get our second which would have put us through. Not disappointed at all with our performance against Juventus.

As for the next year, i just hope we can register players for the 1st QR in Champions League. I don't think we can pull again what we did this season.

Season's Best Eleven

image.thumb.png.633eb134409800c903ab2da5c8dc885d.png

First Eleven

GK - Laurentiu Branescu - <48 Apps, 50 Goals Allowed, 18 Shutouts, 7.05 Av Rat>

DR - Romera - <46(1) Apps, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.11 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <50(2) Apps, 8 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.23 Av Rat>

DC - Giorgos Katsikas - <45 Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.25 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva - <41(1) Apps, 9 Assists, 7.21 Av Rat>

MC - Dan Nistor - <51(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 9 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>

MC - May Mahlangu - <40 Apps, 3 Goals, 9 Assists, 7.18 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <41(2) Apps, 15 Goals, 23 Assists, 7.67 Av Rat>

AMC - Antun Palic - <45(1) Apps, 10 Goals, 10 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.50 Av Rat>

AML - Patrick Petre - <50(2) Apps, 16 Goals, 14 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa - <36(9) Apps, 38 Goals, 7 Assists, 10 PoM,7.41 Av Rat> 

Substitutes

ST - Robert Moldoveanu - <8(4) Apps, 9 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.46 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima - <19(12 Apps, 1 PoM, 6.81 Av Rat>

DR/L - Juraj Chvatal - <22(11) Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoM, 6.89 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Ion Gheorghe - <19(11) Apps, 8 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.10 Av Rat>

MC/AMC - Aitor Montoy - <20(13) Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.06>

MC/AMC - Liviu Gheorghe - <12(23) Apps, 5 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.93 Av Rat>

ST - Adelson - <6(9) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 6.73 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17/18         1st            Winners               N/A            1st Knock-Out Round 
18/19         1st            Winners       3rd Qualifying Round   1st Knock-Out Round

Trophy Case

Liga I (2): 2018, 2019
Romanian Cup (2): 2018, 2019
Romanian Supercup (1): 2018

Red Dogs Rising

Season 3 - 2019/2020 - End of season report

The Club

We brought in 3 new players this season:

Dominik Greif - Goalkeeper, 925K Euros from Slovan Bratislava

Enory Walter - Midfielder, free transfer

Rivaldinho - Attacking Midfielder, 4M Euros from Levski

I may have gone a bit overboard for Rivaldinho but hopefully it will turn out good. Dominik Greif and Enory Walter became part of the first team as soon as they arrived at the club.

Finances look really great since we didn't went on a shopping spree yet and the competitions prize money were really good this season.

I plan an overhaul of the backroom staff which will most likely happen within the next two seasons. We need the coaching staff changed to get our players reach their full potential.

The Season

The Domestic Season

This was way harder than it should have been at this point and i'm not sure if it's the league keeping up with us or our performance was subpar. We started the season with 7 wins in a row putting us at the top of the league and things were looking great. Our first defeat came at the hands of CSU Craiova. We just couldn't get a goal in and lost the match 0-2. After that we went on a 12 matches undefeated run with wins against FC Viitorul (4-0), FCSB (3-1), CSU Craiova (4-2) and our biggest win so far, 7-0 against ASA Targu Mures. We then suffered a heavy loss against FC Botosani (0-3) but we still entered the playoff in 1st place. The playoff was a total mess and after a few ties and a defeat against Concordia Chiajna (0-1) we lost the point advantage we had at the end of the regular season. The final game against CSU Craiova was a real final for the title as we were tied in points and they had the advantage in the head-to-head due to away goals after a 1-1 draw at National Arena. The match was a real thriller as Craiova were 2-0 up after 50 minutes of play. We managed to get one back in minute 64 and as we lost all hope got the equalizer in the last minute of the match, finishing 2-2 and winning the title on away goals. It was really good for CSU Craiova to keep up with us considering we only lost 3 league matches during this season and i can say we got really lucky in that last match against them to win the title.

Our perfomance in Romanian cup was really disappointed as we went out of the competition after a 0-1 defeat against Pandurii Tg. Jiu. Not really the result i and the board expected.

Also, we started the season with another Supercup win against CSU Craiova.

The European Season

Champions League

Qualifying Rounds

We started in the 1st QR again where we played Shakhter Karaganda from Kazakhstan. We finished only 1-1 in the first game away from home but we had a good 3-0 victory in the home game to qualify for the next round.

The 2nd QR had us face Zrinjski Mostar from Bosnia. We struggled a bit even though we won both games (2-0 and 1-0) and i was a bit worried for our future in the competition. We reached the Playoff after defeating Belarus team Shakhter Soligorsk (3-1, 1-1).

Olympiakos was waiting for us in the Playoffs and we had some really good encounters, winning both games 2-1. We had some trouble in the away game as Olympiakos went up one goal from the start and we only managed to score our first gol in the 63rd game. Things went our way after that and we reached the group stage in our first year in Champions League!

Group Stage

The draw had us facing Wolsburg, Roma and Manchester City. The most i hoped for was getting 3rd place to qualify for Europa League but then we had the run of our lives.

The group started with an away game against Wolsburg where at most we were hoping for a draw. Dan Nistor disagreed with that and he scored the winning gol after 40 minutes. The second game was when the surprises started. Manchester City were coming at National Arena as big favorites and they showed that by scoring the first goal in minute 37th. We pulled back after 2 minutes but still went 1 goal down at half-time as City scored their second goal right before the break. We had a sensational second half and somehow managed to win the game 3-2. After Manchester City it was Roma's turn to take us on at National Arena. It was looking as Roma was going to defeat us as they were 2-0 up after 71 minutes of play but youngster Ion Gheorghe had the time of his life as he scored a double in 3 minutes. After 3 games we were at the top of the table and a difficult match at Olimpico in Rome was coming up. It was a beautifull day and we somehow found ourselves 4-0 up after half an hour and finished the first half 4-1. The second half was as good and we kept our lead after Roma scored 2 more goals and we scored 2 more finishing the game 6-3. The home game against Wolsburg was a comfortable 3-0 win and we had our first defeat at the hands of Manchester City in the final match of the group stage. We finished the group in 1st place with City coming in 2nd.

Results: 1-0 A vs. Wolsburg, 3-2 H vs. Man City, 2-2 H vs. Roma, 6-3 A vs. Roma, 3-0 H vs. Wolsburg, 0-3 A vs. Man City

1st KO Round

A team from our 1st season's Europa League Group Stage was coming to face us in the 1st KO Round, OM. We didn't have the best record against them but i had hopes we can get past them. We didn't play to our full potential that we showed in groups and we lost both games, ending our first season in the Champions League.

Results: 1-2 Away, 0-1 Home

Season's Best Eleven

image.thumb.png.ae56a93ad85c286290c1e7143eccfef7.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif - <55 Apps, 59 Goals Allowed, 16 Shutouts, 7.03 Av Rat>

DR - Romera - <45(4) Apps, 2 Assists, 7.15 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <37(2) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.23 Av Rat>

DC - Giorgos Katsikas - <37(5) Apps, 4 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.09 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva - <42(4) Apps, 1 Goal, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.03 Av Rat>

MC - Dan Nistor - <48 Apps, 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.24 Av Rat>

MC - May Mahlangu - <37(8) Apps, 4 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.09 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanga - <45(3) Apps, 17 Goals, 25 Assists, 16 PoM, 7.76 Av Rat>

AMC - Antun Palic - <36(2) Apps, 9 Goals, 11 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.28 Av Rat>

AML - Patrick Petre - <40(4) Apps, 17 Goals, 14 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa - <46(1) Apps, 30 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.31 Av Rat>

Substitutes

MC - Aitor Montoy - <21(13) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.92 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima - <30(3) Apps, 7.12 Av Rat>

DR/L - Juraj Chvatal - <21(15) Apps, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.95 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Ion Gheorghe - <20(10) Apps, 9 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.16 Av Rat>

AMC - Liviu Gheorghe - <5(15) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 6.81 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter - <13(2) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 PoM, 7.02 Av Rat>

ST - Robert Moldoveanu - <3(8) Apps, 4 Goals, 6.91 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

17/18         1st            Winners               N/A            1st Knock-Out Round 
18/19         1st            Winners       3rd Qualifying Round   1st Knock-Out Round
19/20         1st           6th Round          1st KO Round              N/A

Trophy Case

Liga I (3): 2018, 2019, 2020
Romanian Supercup (2): 2018, 2019

Another player lost because the big teams feel like they have to have every possible prospect in the world. I'm sure he will be just a reserve player just like Adelson was after he joined PSG last season.

image.thumb.png.7d6eef16a69daebfeebe73a2adaa658d.png

Had a problem with my computer and had to do a windows re-install, losing my saved data in the process....Why did i have to change from cloud save to local save? :(

I have a cloud save but i'm not sure what season is it from. Might cut my save short as i don't want to start over. :(

EDIT: Seems my cloud save is from before the 3rd season started. That's almost 2 seasons lost :(

EDIT 2: Still want to do this so will be continuing from here.

Red Dogs Rising

Season 3 - 2019/2020 - End of season report - An unfortunate replay

The Club

Because of the computer issues and losing my progress i had to restart at the start of 19/20 season. So this is the actual review for this season (and yes, i moved my save back to cloud instead of local :D).

Adelson still left the club due to the release clause, so no changes here. Also, i brought in the players that i already sign in my first play of the season and one signed after the initial end of this season (this one was a mistake).

Domink Greif - Goalkeeper, 925K Euros from Slovan Bratislava

Juan Pablo Carranza - Attacking Midfielder, 500K Euros from Alianza

Alfio Oviedo - Striker, 800K Euros from Cerro Porteno

Enory Walter - Midfielder, free transfer

I signed Oviedo because i had him on my initial save after the season ended. However, somehow, this time he didn't get a work permit. This forced me to loan him at Villareal for this season in the hopes he'll get his work permit next season.

Enory Walter still didn't sign without a release clause, mainly because of his agent who made it non-negociable in his contract. Guess he will also leave after this season.

The Season

The Domestic Season

We didn't really perform up to par this season as we had some disappointing results. Even so, we picked it back up in the playoff where we finished undefeated and won the title with 2 games left to play.

We reached the semi-finals in the Romanian Cup where we had to face our kryptonite, FC Viitorul. They didn't make the playoff in the league this season but still managed to defeat us in both games we played during the regular season. Things didn't change for this semi-final and they knocked us out after winning both legs.

The European Season

Champions League

Qualifying Rounds

Starting in the 1st Qualifying Round is so exhausting, there are so many games to play in 2 months. We didn't have any real trouble going into the playoff where we faced Basel. Pretty straightforward as we won both legs and went onwards to the Group Stage.

Group Stage

We got PSG, Dortmund and Atletic Bilbao. The objective was 3rd place which we managed but suffered some heavy defeats on the way, including a 1-9 defeat against PSG.

Results: 0-3 A vs. Dortmund, 2-2 H vs. A. Bilbao, 2-2 H vs. PSG, 1-9 A vs. PSG, 1-3 H vs. Dortmund, 3-2 A vs. A. Bilbao

Europa League

1st Knock-out Round

We again got one of the most difficult opponents for this round, Liverpool. Despite the difficulty we managed to win the first game 2-1 giving us some hope for qualifying. The second game went as expected and Liverpool was 3-0 up at half-time. We scored our first goal after 77 minutes but time was running short. In minute 90 Antun Palic scored giving us the advantage on away goals. What followed was a nightmare where Liverpool scored another 2 goals ending the game 5-2.

Season's Best Eleven

image.thumb.png.5b75af1db87bbf47233c4fa81d9b2ecf.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif - <56 Apps, 73 Goals Allowed, 18 Shutouts, 7.02 Av Rat>

DR - Romera - <44(2) Apps, 7 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.19 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <49 Apps, 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 PoM,7.18 Av Rat> 

DC - Constantin Dima - <48(2) Apps, 4 Goals, 1 Assist, 7.11 Av Rat> 

DL - Maximiliano Oliva - <47 Apps,3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.13 Av Rat> 

MC - Dan Nistor - <44 Apps, 7 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>  

MC - Enory Walter - <18(2) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.01 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <52 Apps, 10 Goals, 31 Assists, 9 PoM, 7.68 Av Rat>

AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza - <35(4) Apps, 6 Goals, 11 Assists,3 PoM,7.38 Av Rat>  

AML - Patrick Petre - <56 Apps, 22 Goals, 13 Assists, 6 PoM,7.20 Av Rat> 

ST - Daniel Popa - <41(4) Apps,34 Goals, 5 Assists, 7 PoM,7.30 Av Rat>  

Substitutes

MC - Ionut Serban - <30(7) Apps, 2 Goals, 7 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.07 Av Rat> 

DC - Mihai Popescu - <4(13) Apps, 6.81 Av Rat> 

DR/L - Juraj Chvatal - <20(26) Apps, 6 Assists, 2 PoM, 6.98 Av Rat> 

AMC - Antun Palic - <22(14) Apps,10 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.29 Av Rat>  

AMC - Liviu Gheorghe - <0(11) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.77 Av Rat>

MC - May Mahlangu - <15(9) Apps, 5 Goals,  2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.08 Av Rat> 

ST - Gabriel Raducan - <8(5) Apps, 6 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.09 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

19/20         1st           Semi-Final         Group Stage        1st Knock-Out Round

Trophy Case

Liga I (3): 2018, 2019, 2020
Romanian Supercup (2): 2018, 2019

Red Dogs Rising

Season 4 - 2020/2021 - End of season report

The Club

Didn't bring anyone new this season but i have some players lined up for the next season. We got a work permit for Oviedo and he proved to be a vital part of the team.

We are starting to establish ourselves as a Champions League team with our results and this shows by our European rankings going up each season. Our nation coefficient is still pretty low but our results are starting to have an effect on it.

We did have a problem in the lockerroom at the end of the season. After a 2-2 draw away at ACS Poli Timisoara, Juraj Chvatal approached me in private to complain about my post-game lockerroom talk. He thought i was too harsh telling them that i was disappointed in their performance and result. I told him that he should carry on with this job and that he is being unproffesional but he wouldn't let it go so i told him to quit it or i will let him go. His answer was a hilarious one, he told me i am bluffing and that i would never let him go over this. He is joining Swansea before the start of next season.

I managed to keep a good atmosphere in the lockerroom since i started and i won't let any player ruin this. The important players always got my back until now and hopefully things stay like this.

At some point in the season we had all our wingers injured which forced us to change our system so for a few games we went from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2.

The Season

The Domestic Season

Started the season with another Supercup win, this time against CFR Cluj.

The league season was really good, however, CSU Craiova gave us a run for our money until the playoff. We only lost 1 game (against FC Viitorul, ofcourse) during the regular season but we finished it only 2 points ahead of Craiova. They choked in the playoff though as we finished the season with a 29 games unbeaten run and won the title.

In the cup we had the same story as last year except this year it was CSU Craiova who knocked us out in the semi-finals.

The European Season

Champions League

Qualifying Rounds

Probably the last year we will start in the 1st QR as we already increased our coefficient and we will start in the 2nd QR next season. We didn't have problems until the Playoff where we faced FC Kobehavn but we managed to go through after a 4-2 win at home and a 2-3 defeat away.

Group Stage

The group looked good from the beginnig with Atletico Madrid, AS Monaco and SLB but it was a wierd group.

We played the first game in Madrid where Atletico gave us a good 1-4 beating. Nothing surprising until now as i was not expecting much from this game. The next game was with AS Monaco at home. They went back to France with a white flag up after we hammered them 5-1. The SLB double was wierd as they beat us 1-0 at National Arena but we beat them in Portugal 3-0. We got revenge against Atletico Madrid at home, beating them with the same score they beat us, 4-1. The last game was a battle for 1st place against AS Monaco which we lost 1-2.

Results: 1-4 A vs At. Madrid, 5-1 H vs. AS Monaco, 0-1 H vs. SLB, 3-0 A vs. SLB, 4-1 H vs. At. Madrid, 1-2 A vs. AS Monaco

1st Knock-Out Round

Dortmund, which we faced last season in the group stage, was going to stand in our way. And in our way they stood as they knocked us out after 2 defeats, 2-3 at home and 0-2 away.

Season's Best Eleven

image.thumb.png.2d8ce80d8a6bf41e6dde7390a9d35e09.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif - <45 Apps, 49 Goals Allowed, 14 Shutouts, 7.02 Av Rat>

DR - Romera - <40(3) Apps, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.09 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <53 Apps, 11 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima - <50(3) Apps, 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva - <48(3) Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 7.10 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter - <49 Apps, 7 Goals, 12 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.24 Av Rat>

MC - Dan Nistor - <51(1) Apps, 5 Goals, 10 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.14 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <53(1) Apps, 14 Goals, 20 Assists, 9 PoM, 7.53 Av Rat>

AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza - <43(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.26 Av Rat>

AML - Patrick Petre - <20(8) Apps, 10 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.29 Av Rat>

ST - Alfio Oviedo - <42(4) Apps, 21 Goals, 11 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.24 Av Rat>

Substitutes

ST - Robert Moldoveanu - <18(2) Apps, 8 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.15 Av Rat>

GK - Mihai Esanu - <13 Apps, 12 Goals Allowed, 6 Shutouts, 7.04 Av Rat>

DR/L - Juraj Chvatal - <23(19) Apps, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.05 Av Rat>

M/AMC - Antun Palic - <27(17) Apps, 11 Goals, 12 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.28 Av Rat>

MC - Ionut Serban - <2(8) Apps, 2 Goals, 6.99 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Ion Gheorghe - <3(8) Apps, 2 Goals, 1 PoM, 7.07 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa - <35(3) Apps, 24 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.22 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

19/20         1st           Semi-Final         Group Stage        1st Knock-Out Round
20/21         1st           Semi-Final      1st Knock-Out Round           N/A

Trophy Case

Liga I (4): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Romanian Supercup (3): 2018, 2019, 2020

Red Dogs Rising

Season 5 - 2021/2022 - End of season report

The Club

We keep growing as a club but we are still not at a point where we could sign all the players we want. I lost quite some good prospects because of our reputation even though with our finances we could definitely match their salary needs. We are limited to only 3 Non-EU players in our Liga I team (can't register more than 3) so i've turned my attention mostly to EU players since i already have 3 non-EU players in the squad.

One interesting rule is that in all our domestic competition matches we need to have at least 1 U21 romanian player on the field. Can't even sub him out unless we bring another U21 player on. I like this because it forces us to develop our young players and this can only help romanian football in the future.

We have some pretty good prospects in our U19 team and this season we even brought one in the first team. Deniz Giafer came in the first team and impressed during this season. Towards the end of the season we also had Sergiu Francis making his debut and i have high hopes for this one.

Besides our young players we also had 4 new arrivals as we needed more depth in our squad:

Mato Milos - Fullback, 210K Euros from SLB

Nemanja Milojevic - Midfielder, 1.5M Euros from Cukaricki

Peter Bockaj - Fullback, 2.1M Euros from Osijek

Edgaras Utkus - Midfielder, 475k EUros from AS Monaco

I also have Aurelian Enescu ready to join us next season. He was playing for FC Voluntari and we bought him for 2.7M Euros. He is only 19 years old and already has 2 caps and 2 goals for Romania.

The Season

The Domestic Season

We had our most impressive season in Liga I so far winning the title with a 25 points difference. We only lost 2 games and had 3 draws.

The disappointment came in the Romanian Cup where we got knocked out after our first match, Gaz Metan Medias defeating us after penalties.

The European Season

Champions League

Qualifying Rounds

We did have some trouble in the 2nd QR against Videoton (Hungary) and against SK Rapid Wien in the Playoff but we managed to pull through and reached the Group Stage. And what a group fate planed for us...

Group Stage

How do you even get a group like this...AC Milan, Champions League winners in 2020, were seeded 3rd for the draw. Joining them, to make this group a group of death, was PSG and Chelsea. 

The group didn't start well for us as we suffered a 1-4 defeat at the hands of Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. After that we face AC Milan at home and to my surprise we won the game 3-0. A bigger surprise came in the PSG game which we won 3-2. PSG got their revenge in the away game and we lost that game 1-5. At this point we were second in the group and we had hope for atleast a 3rd place finish. The home game against Chelsea was next and we got another win at home, 3-2 again.

We were going in the next game against AC Milan as group leaders and we needed atleast a draw to have hopes for a 1st place finish. Instead we got a goal spectacle which Milan won 7-4. PSG and Chelsea finished the group with a draw and PSG took 1st place from us due to head-to-head results.

We managed to finish 2nd in this group which i take it as a showing of the growth we had as a club in the last 5 seasons.

Results: 1-4 A vs. Chelsea, 3-0 H vs. AC Milan, 3-2 H vs. PSG, 1-5 A vs. PSG, 3-2 H vs. Chelsea, 4-7 A vs. AC Milan

1st KO Round

The draw wasn't that bad since we avoided some bigger teams than Tottenham. However we couldn't repeat our good form in the home games we had in the group stage and we gave them no trouble.

Results: 1-3 Home, 0-2 Away

Season's Best Eleven

2991837264f6a030ca4efefbd313ef8c.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif<51 Apps, 65 Goals Allowed, 16 Shutouts, 7.02 Av Rat>

DR - Romera<45(2) Apps, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.11 Av Rat>

DC - Deniz Giafer<34(1) Apps, 6 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.34 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu<40 Apps, 6 Goals, 3 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva<27(4) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 7.04 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter<50(1) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.08 Av Rat>

MC - Nemanja Milojevic<36(6) Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.93 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca<47(4) Apps, 10 Goals, 35 Assists, 9 PoM, 7.72 Av Rat>

AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza<46(2) Apps, 11 Goals, 19 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.56 Av Rat>

AML - Alfio Oviedo<35(7) Apps, 25 Goals, 2 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.07 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa<36(4) Apps, 28 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.26 Av Rat>

Substitutes

MC/AMC - Antun Palic<3(18) Apps, 4 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.00 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima<20(7) Apps, 2 Goals, 7.05 Av Rat>

DR/L - Mato Milos<18(20) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.85 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Patrick Petre<22(14) Apps, 12 Goals, 7 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.08 Av Rat>

M/AMC - Edgar Utkus<6(7) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.10 Av Rat>

MC - Dan Nistor<13(9) Apps, 3 Assists, 6.92 Av Rat>

ST - Radu Zamfir<13(6) Apps, 12 Goals, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.18 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

21/22         1st           5th Round       1st Knock-Out Round           N/A 

Trophy Case

Liga I (4): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Romanian Supercup (3): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Red Dogs Rising

Season 6 - 2022/2023 - End of season report

The Club

We sold one of of the players that helped us grow since i started at the club, Antun Palic. He requested to be transfered as he wanted a new challenge and i agreed. Here are his playing stats since i took charge of the club:

Antun Palic
Season Apps Goals Assists PoM Av Rat
17/18 36 8 10 2 7,32
18/19 46 10 10 5 7,5
19/20 36 10 4 3 7,29
20/21 44 11 12 6 7,28
21/22 21 4 1 1 7,01
Total 183 43 37 17 7,28

Alfio Oviedo requested to be transfered to a chinese team because they were willing to give him alot of money...Needless to say i did not accept his request but i ended up giving him a new contract, a big contract, for 3.7M Euros/year.

We only brought in one new player, Karlo Bartolec, as we were missing a fullback on the right side. He ended up having a good first season.

The Season

The Domestic Season

Yes, we won another title. However, the performance was not the best, we had our worst Playoffs run so far. We were a bit lucky in the playoff as FCSB and CSU Craiova, who were right behind us, also didn't have the best time in the playoff and we managed to secure the title in stage 9 of the Playoff.

We redeemed ourselves in the Cup as we won our 3rd Romanian Cup since i took charge of the club.

The European Season

Champions League

Group Stage

The game thought it would be funny if i got PSG and Chelsea again...It was not! Completing the group was AEK. We lost both PSG games and the first Chelsea game but atleast we managed to win against AEK. After we won the home game against Chelsea we were 2 points behind them and we still had hopes for 2nd place. PSG won against Chelsea in their last game and we had some trouble against AEK but managed to win with a goal in the last 10 minutes of the game, securing 2nd place in the group.

Results: 0-3 A vs. Chelsea, 3-1 H vs. AEK, 0-3 H vs. PSG, 1-3 A vs. PSG, 3-2 H vs. Chelsea, 3-2 A vs. AEK

1st KO Round

Arsenal won 3 of the last 5 Europa League finals and they were definite favorites for this encounter. They showed that by winning the first game at National Arena 1-0. In the second match they were also 1-0 up at half-time but a something clicked for us in the second half and we went on to win the game 3-1. It was the first time we were going to the quarter-finals.

Results: 0-1 Home, 3-1 Away

Quarter-Finals

Another english team was in our way but Man City proved to be a nut to hard for us to crack. They demolished us in both games and went on all the way to the finals where they lost against Man Utd.

Results: 0-3 Home, 1-5 Away

Season's Best Eleven

b6a179820123d4fd3b09af0c0a99bcc5.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif<50 Apps, 60 Goals Allowed, 14 Shutouts, 7.08 Av Rat>

DR - Karlo Bartolec<32(3) Apps, 1 Goal, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.33 Av Rat>

DC - Deniz Giafer<43 Apps, 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.30 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu<41(1) Apps, 7 Goals, 1 Assist, 2 PoM, 7.23 Av Rat>

DL - Maximiliano Oliva<12(6) Apps, 1 Assist, 7.13 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter<39(1) Apps, 6 Goals, 8 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.42 Av Rat>

MC - Edgaras Utkus<26(13) Apps, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 7.03 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca<41(3) Apps, 7 Goals, 23 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.63 Av Rat>

AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza<37(7) Apps, 8 Goals, 12 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.36 Av Rat>

AML - Alfio Oviedo<42(4) Apps, 30 Goals, 9 Assists, 8 PoM, 7.40 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa<36(1) Apps, 31 Goals, 8 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.49 Av Rat>

Substitutes

DR/L - Mato Milos<19(22) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 6.97 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima<14(9) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 6.98 Av Rat>

DL - Petar Bockaj<41 Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.13 Av Rat>

MC - Nemanja Milojevic<29(5) Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.01 Av Rat>

AMC - Aurelian Enescu<16(18) Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.04 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Patrick Petre<16(15) Apps, 3 Goals, 8 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.08 Av Rat>

ST - Gabriel Raducan<9(3) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 6.96 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

22/23         1st            Winners          Quarter-Finals              N/A 

Trophy Case

Liga I (6): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Romanian Cup (3): 2018, 2019, 2023
Romanian Supercup (5): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Red Dogs Rising

Season 7 - 2023/2024 - End of season report

The Club

We spent about 7M Euros this season bringing in some new faces for our attack, mostly wingers as i need to start finding a replacement for Sergiu Hanca.

Ognjen Ivanovic - 750K Euros from Partizan

Georgi Stoyanov - 2.7M Euros from Ludogorets

Tiago Dias - 1.4M Euros from Vit. Guimaraes

Petr Sister - 2M Euros from Viktoria Plzen

Even with all the good performances in Champions League from the past years our reputation is still only National and this is preventing us from signing some of the great players we found while scouting. Hopefully this will change soon so we can start reaching the later stages of Champions League.

The Season

The Domestic Season

We didn't have a great start to the season but after the international break in september the team just turned on and we won all the games left in the regular season. In the playoffs we only lost 1 game and we secured another title.

The Romanian Cup was no trouble for us this year with some great performances.

The European Season

Champions League

Group Stage

Much easier group than the last 2 seasons, with Barcelona, Ajax and Standard. We only really had big trouble with Barcelona who gave us a good beating but finished undefeated in the rest of the games to have another year where we qualify from group stage.

Results: 3-1 A vs. Ajax, 3-2 H vs. Standard, 1-3 H vs. Barcelona, 1-4 A vs. Barcelona, 1-1 H vs. Ajax, 3-1 A vs. Standard

1st KO Round

Once again PSG. Probably the team we faced the most in Champions League. And as all the past encounters they had no trouble defeating us.

Results: 0-4 Home, 0-3 Away

Season's Best Eleven

7f116814054496e8115ba56298682837.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif<51 Apps, 48 Goals Allowed, 21 Shutouts, 7.01 Av Rat>

DR - Karlo Bartolec<30(1) Apps, 7 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.17 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima<41 Apps, 5 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.19 Av Rat>

DC - Deniz Giafer<29(7) Apps, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 2 PoM, 7.12 Av Rat>

DL - Petar Bockaj<44 Apps, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.27 Av Rat>

MC - Sergiu Francisc<36(6) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.01 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter<25(2) Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <45(1) Apps, 14 Goals, 19 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.60 Av Rat>

AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza<28(9) Apps, 7 Goals, 10 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.43 Av Rat>

AML - Alfio Oviedo<38(7) Apps, 27 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.30 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa<42(2) Apps, 38 Goals, 11 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.46 Av Rat>

Substitutes

MC - Edgaras Utkus<20(8) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 6.91 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu<31(2) Apps, 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.20 Av Rat>

DR/L - Mato Milos<17(15) Apps, 7.05 Av Rat>

AMC - Aurelian Enescu<29(10) Apps, 4 Goals, 10 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.27 Av Rat>

AML/R - Georgi Stoyanov<14(19) Apps, 7 Goals, 11 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.11 Av Rat>

MC - Nemanja Milojevic<12(5) Apps, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.09 Av Rat>

ST - Ognjen Ivanovic<7(17) Apps, 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 6.75 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

23/24         1st            Winners        1st Knock-Out Round           N/A

Trophy Case

Liga I (7): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Romanian Cup (4): 2018, 2019, 2023, 2024
Romanian Supercup (6): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

Red Dogs Rising

Season 8 - 2024/2025 - End of season report

The Club

It was the best season for the club so far. We had our best performance in Europe and we finally are starting to attract high talented players. However, we did lose Enory Walter due to his release clause as he went to Dortmund.

Thiago Almada - Signed for 8.5M Euros from Velez. Already had top clubs from Europe come after him but managed to make him stay with the promise that we will play in Champions League next season. Hopefully we manage to keep him

Juan Delgado - He will join us for 1.5M Euros. We will have a small problem as we already have 3 Non-EU players in the team and will have to make room for him.

The Season

The Domestic Season

The first undefeated season in domestic competitions. We dominated and had no issues closing the deal this year.

The European Season

Champions League

Group Stage

We got two teams we know, Chelsea and AC Milan, and Club Brugge completed the group. We got 10 points but it was not enough as we tied with Chelsea but they won the head-to-head.

Result: 1-1 H vs. Chelsea, 1-5 A vs. AC Milan, 4-1 H vs. Club Brugge, 4-1 A vs. Club Brugge, 1-2 A vs. Chelsea, 2-0 H vs. AC Milan

Europa League

We got Ajax in the 1st KO Round. It was a pretty close encounter as we barely won the first game 1-0 and we tied the second game 1-1. The story repeated in the 2nd KO Round against FC RB Salzburg except we tied the first game 1-1 and won the second game 1-0.

The Quarter-Final draw gave us Liverpool and it was going to be a hard one. We played the first game at Anfield and things were going great as we started the second half with a 3-1 lead. Liverpool got back in the game and we finished 3-3. The second game ending was a thriller as Liverpool tied the game at 3-3 in minute 87. However, two minutes later, they scored an own goal allowing us to go to the Semi-Finals with a 4-3 win.

PSV was our opponent in the Semi-Final and they didn't give us many troubles. We won the first game 3-1 and tied 1-1 in the second leg reaching our first European final.

In the final Tottenham proved to be a bit hard for us and we lost it 1-3. We had a glimmer of hope after we scored our goal in 70th minute and we were only 1 goal behind but that hope was crushed after Tottenham scored again in minute 88.

Season's Best Eleven

fd7b32a15af23b756b24e19042d066d0.png

First Eleven

GK - Dominik Greif<50 Apps, 45 Goals Allowed, 20 Shutouts, 7.10 Av Rat>

DR - Karlo Bartolec<42(3) Apps, 9 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.32 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu<50 Apps, 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.29 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin Dima<47 Apps, 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

DL - Petar Bockaj<47 Apps, 1 Goal, 8 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.28 Av Rat>

MC - Sergiu Francisc<37(10) Apps, 7 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.16 Av Rat>

MC - Aurelian Enescu<34(4) Apps, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca<50 Apps, 17 Goals, 26 Assists, 12 PoM, 7.65 Av Rat>

AMC - Thiago Almada<47(2) Apps, 14 Goals, 18 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.67 Av Rat>

AML - Georgi Stoyanov - <13(23) Apps, 7 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.00 Av Rat>

ST - Daniel Popa<51(2) Apps, 37 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.42 Av Rat>

Substitutes

AMR - Petr Sisler<7(8) Apps, 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 7.25 Av Rat>

DC - Deniz Giafer<17(11) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.19 Av Rat>

DR/L - Mato Milos<21(15) Apps, 2 Assists, 6.99 Av Rat>

AML - Alfio Oviedo<45(5) Apps, 21 Goals, 13 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.24 Av Rat>

MC - Enory Walter<27 Apps, 6 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.41 Av Rat>

MC/AMC - Juan Pablo Carranza<20(19) Apps, 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.12 Av Rat>

ST - Ognjen Ivanovic<7(16) Apps, 6 Goals, 1 Assist, 6.75 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

24/25         1st            Winners           Group Stage               Final

Trophy Case

Liga I (7): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
Romanian Cup (4): 2018, 2019, 2023, 2024, 2025
Romanian Supercup (6): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

Europa League: 2025 Runner-Up

Red Dogs Rising

Season 9 - 2025/2026 - End of season report

The Club

Just one signing made a huge difference in our performance. And only for 1.5M Euros. Juan Delgado joined us this season and scored 54 goals and assisted 17 other goals. Terrific performance and worked wonderfully with Almada.

We had to sell Carranza to make room for him and later in the season Daniel Popa requested to be transfered and he also left the club.

The other player to join us was austrian goalkeeper Mario Baumgartner.

For the next season the focus will be to strengthen the midfield and probably the defence.

The Season

The Domestic Season

Close to a perfect season. We had 2 ties in the regular season, won every game in the playoffs. Almada and Delgato recked everyone in their path this season. The only game we lost was in the Romanian Cup semi-final with CSU Craiova.

The European Season

Champions League

Group Stage

It was a great showing from us in a group with Arsenal, Real Madrid and Sporting. The first game was against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium. We played great, unfortunatelly we had 2 red cards and this ruined the game for us. Even with 2 men down we were 3-2 up after 56 minutes but we could not hold it together until the end unfortunatelly and Arsenal won the game. The home game against Arsenal ended in a 3-3 tie. The Sporting games were just a formality for us as we won both of them.

The surprises came in the Real Madrid games. We played the first one at National Arena and we ended up winning it with a goal in the last 10 minutes. The away game was even more surprising as we demolished them in front of their fans at Santiago Bernabeu. Delgado was in top form scoring 4 goals in a game we won 7-2.

We won the group with 13 points.

Results: 3-5 A vs. Arsenal, 3-0 H vs. Sporting, 5-4 H vs. Real Madrid, 7-2 A vs. Real Madrid, 3-3 H vs. Arsenal, 5-1 A vs. Sporting

1st Knock-Out Round

We got Olympique Lyon for this round. Some good performances from us gave us two 2-1 wins as we managed to reach the quarter-finals the second time since we started.

Results: 2-1 Away, 2-1 Home

Quarter-Finals

A rematch for the last year's Europa League final with Tottenham was expecting us in the QF.

The first game started horrible with Hanca getting sent off after a bad tackle in the very first minute of the game. After that we struggled keeping things together. Tottenham scored after 35 minutes but after that we managed to hold it together for the rest of the game. Oviedo missed a penalty in the second half and unfortunatelly Tottenham got lucky with another goal in extra-time. This goal was going to be very important.

The second game had us missing opportunities to score until we finally managed to finally score with 10 minutes left of the game. It was too late though as we couldn't get the second goal to keep us in the game.

Oh, what could have been without Hanca getting sent off like that in the first leg.

Tottenham went on to win the Champions League after a final with PSG.

Results: 0-2 Away, 1-0 Home

Season's Best Eleven

b9d941bacb7872d9b6249d0245008b61.png

First Eleven

GK - Mario Baumgartner - <31 Apps, 15 Goals Allowed, 19 Shutouts, 7.16 Av Rat>

DR - Karlo Bartolec - <35(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.48 Av Rat>

DC - Constantin DIma - <49(1) Apps, 10 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.58 Av Rat>

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu - <42 Apps, 4 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.48 Av Rat>

DL - Petar Bockaj - <48 Apps, 1 Goal, 12 Assists, 1 PoM,7.50 Av Rat>

MC - Aurelian Enescu - <47(1) Apps, 8 Goals, 10 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.44 Av Rat>

MC - Sergiu Francisc - <46(1) Apps, 6 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoM,7.43  Av Rat>

AMR - Sergiu Hanca - <50(1) Apps, 11 Goals, 22 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.73 Av Rat>

AMC - Thiago Almada - <45(2) Apps, 26 Goals, 30 Assists, 13 PoM, 8.22 Av Rat>

AML - Georgi Stoyanov - <17(18) Apps, 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.31 Av Rat>

ST - Juan Delgado - <42(2) Apps, 54 Goals, 17 Assists, 12 PoM, 7.98 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Dominik Greif - <21 Apps, 19 Goals Allowed, 12 Shutouts, 7.03 Av Rat>

DC - Deniz Giafer - <15(8) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.34 Av Rat>

DR/L - Mato Milos - <20(22) Apps, 2 Goals, 4 Assists, 7.33 Av Rat>

AML - Alfio Oviedo - <30(1) Apps, 15 Goals, 12 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.35 Av Rat>

MC - Nemanja Milojevic - <16(13) Apps, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 7.21 Av Rat>

MC/AMC - Silviu Parvulescu - <22(14) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 6.79 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

24/25         1st            Winners           Group Stage               Final
25/26         1st            Winners          Quarter-Finals              N/A 

Trophy Case

Liga I (9): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026
Romanian Cup (6): 2018, 2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026
Romanian Supercup (8): 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025

Europa League: 2025 Runner-Up

• 1 year later...

Red Dogs Rising

End of Career Report

I know it's a bit late, but i recently resurected this save on my computer and played more seasons, so i wanted to give it a proper send off before moving on.

Some thoughts

This was my second attempt to bring Dinamo Bucharest to Champions League glory after almost succeeding in my RYB career - A Romanian Story in FM16 save. I was very close to winning the Champions League, making one final and four other semi-finals, but in the end i came up short. So, when i finally got FM18 i wanted to give it another shot, but this time without the National Team. So let's see how i ended up.

What happened in the game

The Romanian football has had it's ups in the past but right now it's probably at it's worst. The days of our clubs making a deep run in European competitions, or our National Team even qualifying for a World Cup, are long gone. 

For my favorite club, Dinamo Bucharest, things are even worse, as we haven't put up a serious fight for the title in quite a while and we even struggle to qualify for Europa League. The last Liga I title we won was back in 2007.

So you can imagine i wasn't in the best position going in this save, even though Dinamo Bucharest is still the second best club historically in Romania. But as usual in FM we make our own history and right now, after 17 seasons, Dinamo Bucharest is the biggest Romanian club and one of the biggest clubs in the world.

In this 17 seasons we won Liga I 17 times, bringing our total at 35, 11 Romanian Cups (24 in total), 16 Romanian Super Cups (18 in total). Needless to say that we are the most times winner for all our domestic competitions.

We also reached 1 Europa League final in 2025, 1 Champions League final in 2027, and we finally managed to win the Champions League in 2029 and 2030, also winning the European Super Cup both times. We also finished 3rd in the Club World Championship in 2029 and won it in 2030. 

After that i played 4 more seasons, trying to win the Champions League again but only managed to get to the semi-finals at most. The english clubs are real giants that stood in our way many times.

Out of the 17 seasons, besides the 2 Champions Leagues we won, the rest went to: 17/18 - Celtic (was a mild shock, they beat Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Man City in the KO stages), 18/19 - PSG, 19/20 - AC Milan, 20/21 - Man Utd, 21/22 - PSG, 22/23 - Man Utd, 23/24 -  Man City, 24/25 - PSG, 25/26 - Tottenham, 26/27 - Man City, 27/28 - Man City, 30/31 - Chelsea, 31/32 - Man Utd, 32/33 - Chelsea, 33/34 - Man City.

As for the Europa League they went to: 17/18 - Arsenal, 18/19 - Galatasaray, 19/20 - Arsenal, 20/21 - Atletico Madrid, 21/22 - Arsenal, 22/23 - Tottenham, 23/24 - AC Milan, 24/25 - Tottenham, 25/26 - AC Milan, 26/27 - Atletico Madrid, 27/28 - Arsenal, 28/29 - Chelsea, 29/30 - Liverpool, 30/31 - Benfica, 31/32 - Liverpool, 32/33 - Arsenal, 33/34 - Liverpool.

On the national teams front, the European Championship went to Italy in 2020, France in 2024 and Spain in 2028 and 2032, and the World Cup went to France in 2018, Spain in 2022, Germany in 2026, Brazil in 2030 and Spain in 2034.

In the end, the wierdest thing that happened was Celtic winning the Champions League in the 17/18 season. I consider this career very successfull and i might revisit it in the future, but for now this is it. Onto the next great thing (TBD)!

Archived