Will the board know?

I am playing a Worldwide journeyman game and am in my first job with Liaoning in the Chinese Super League. With the expectation of avoiding relegation, I am doing fairly well, but I feel that in a few months time I may be attracted to a job elsewhere. If I apply, will the board find out and potentially sack me? What about if I apply for multiple jobs?

I have experience in worldwide journeyman in previous editions, and it seems like it really depends on the tolerance the board have on you. I think up a few scenarios...

a) Apply for one club without declaring interest: Mostly it leads to nothing from the board until an interview comes and the board, if cherishing your service, would set up a "friendly" meeting to lure you to stay

b) Apply for one club while declaring interest: Once the news is published publicly the board would issue a statement with disappointment or urging you to stay, while the opponent fans would judge your ability publicly. Then the same as above. In an unlikely event the board would set up an emergency meeting questioning your move. The urgency of the meeting can be read on the news feed that "not attending would lead to sacking".

c) Apply for multiple clubs with/without declaring interest: depending on how the board is tolerating you, some do nothing (note I have only applied two jobs most) while some would set up the emergency meeting as b). With declaring interest, very likely to have an emergency meeting.

d) Not applying but declaring multiple interest: The board would likely hold the same emergency meeting on your loyalty and ask you to refrain from throwing yourself into the market, or resign.

As mentioned different board has different attitudes, so either trial and error, or find a real time editor. Good luck on moving forward!

If you apply to a job, there's no point in declaring interest.

Declaring interest is to be used when you want a specific job and the manager of that team is "insecure/very insecure", which may influence the board to sack the manager.

So when I'm at a club I apply and hope they don't sack me meanwhile :D 

they do know, but as the others say they behave in different ways, i was managing AS Dragoon in Tahiti, after 2 triples and a miracle Oceanian Champions League for the team, i got the interest of Team wellington and Auckland city, but teams had manager and there was only rumours, i confirmed but after that i got a meeting with the board, as a result i got sacked, after a week or 2 i was managing Wellington and that same year AS Dragoon finished 3rd after a 15 points lead in the half of the season, i guess the players got upset about my sacking xD

the thing is, every board has some kind of loyalty toleration, so if you apply for a job they will try to either get an explanation or beg you to stay, is something like Barca and pep, im a 90% sure that the board was "begging" pep to stay until he got that long holiday

On one of my most recent saves I had just led Atlanta United to the MLS Cup after taking over half way through the season for my first foray into management and saw an attractive opportunity arise at Ajax, so just out of curiosity i applied. With no prior warning I was sacked on the spot by my Director of Football and was left with no club as i didn't even get an interview with Ajax.... 

Archived