Matches postpones due to weather

I have been playing in the english lower leagues for a while now on FM18, but have never seen the matches postponed due to weather (either snow or waterlogging). Has this feature been removed from the game? You still see it a lot IRL from League One downwards 

On 18/01/2018 at 12:04, jim owen said:

I have been playing in the english lower leagues for a while now on FM18, but have never seen the matches postponed due to weather (either snow or waterlogging). Has this feature been removed from the game? You still see it a lot IRL from League One downwards 

It is still in there definitely. I too was managing in the English lower leagues and through out November to January I'd have a couple of games called off on the day. 

1 hour ago, Stevicus said:

It is still in there definitely. I too was managing in the English lower leagues and through out November to January I'd have a couple of games called off on the day. 

Hmm, 6th season in league one now and i've not seen a single league 1 match postponed

On 1/27/2018 at 20:13, mark1985 said:

How many League 1 games get postponed every season in real life though? Can't be an awful lot League 2 and above and most that are will be in League 2 I would've thought

Loads in league 1 in real life. Just this weekend there was 1, if you get a bad weekend you can often get close to the full fixture list wiped out. Wouldn't expect every team to have one every season. But if you are one of the lower funded teams in there (which I am) I wouldn't think that you would go more than 2 years without a postponed game, and some years you could get up to 4/5

On 27/01/2018 at 22:36, Spurs08 said:

It happens, but not as often as it should, and you don't get cases of bad weather causing mass postponements across a whole region or country.

Having that as a feature would be nice & all the geo data should be in database to make it possible.

2 hours ago, Barside said:

Having that as a feature would be nice & all the geo data should be in database to make it possible.

The only worry would be that the fixtures engine wouldn't handle it well and it would cause unrealistic fixture buildup.

Playing FM16.  In my sixth(?) season, started in the Vanarama North and now in the Vanarama National.  I have at least one home game each season postponed on the day due to a waterlogged pitch.  But, as others above, I've never seen mass postponements due to rain or snow.  Possibly more than one fixture hit on the same day but that'd presumably be pure chance rather than an "event" that groups postponements.  Can we get confirmation that the mass postponement is simply not in the game?

Archived