ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1880 - 2018

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Football has always been associated with romance. Even going back to the very early days when football was a very different game. 

There have always been crazy players with a touch of genius, a sudden shift with the ball and an amazing piece of skill, a gasp from the crowd because they are unable to believe their eyes..

How did he just do that? they think , it was unexpected and impossible. crazy skill. The inventor of the bicycle kick, the step on ball piece of skill., so consistent that no one challenge him for his position either in BOCA or in the Argentine national team.

37 caps in the early 1900's before the world cup even existed, when international games were few and far between, make no mistake. 37 caps back then would have equated to well over 100 caps today. 

This is the player, his team could be losing 4-0 and the supporters thinking all was lost go home to the train station. later they are told that they actually won the game 5-4, and guess who scores all 5 goals? 

He is without a doubt one of the most extraordinary wingers to grace Argentina football.  So we carry on the build up to this Mega Series with another crazy player but I'll let you in on a secret. All the best players are!

His name was..PEDRO CALOMINO

Pedro.png

12 hours ago, Aleem said:

How is the database coming along?

Again looking forward to when it is released, also any potential updates as to when it will be released?

It's coming along very well. all previous editions have been released mid July time. 

Edited by Fenech

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Which Serie A teams have squads please ??

It is interesting to see which teams have squads now players are starting from a younger age. Some clubs still have their full squads and other clubs have had the squad reduced. Looking at Italy I would say the following clubs have squads:

In terms of full squads, the 2 milan club, Juventus and Torino , also Parma will return to Serie A. However it may be more full squads emerge in Italy prior to the official release. 

Thanks mate. So what about Napoli and Fiorentina will they have Maradona and Batigol so to say and Roma, Lazio ??

Edited by cel1234

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2018 at 15:53, cel1234 said:

Thanks mate. So what about Napoli and Fiorentina will they have Maradona and Batigol so to say and Roma, Lazio ??

Maradona being younger is starting at Argentino Juniors .. Batigol at River Plate, but no doubt at all that Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma and Lazio will all have legends and stars but just not full 25 man squads.

11 hours ago, Fenech said:

Maradona being younger is starting at Argentino Juniors .. Batigol at River Plate, but no doubt at all that Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma and Lazio will all have legends and stars but just not full 25 man squads.

Excellent

Looking forward to this, have played all your previous versions, though never managed a long term save. It always come at just the right time of year when you get jaded with current season saves but a bit too late in the FM cycle to keep me going for a long term save.

Anyway, I know this is your baby and you can do as you like and I'd support it anyway, but can I just add that I'm not a huge fan of your Cruyff representation. I know you want to replicate his versatility but having be able to play all positions really nerfs his attributes and make his face stats look very poor. It turns him into a 'Jack-of-all-trades' but master of none kind of player, whereas in reality he was one of the most technically gifted players of all-time and most know as a world class attacking midfielder. I also have the same issue with Di Stefano fwiw.

Still, like I said, if that's how you like it then fair enough, I can edit it myself again anyway :thup: 

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

Looking forward to this, have played all your previous versions, though never managed a long term save. It always come at just the right time of year when you get jaded with current season saves but a bit too late in the FM cycle to keep me going for a long term save.

Anyway, I know this is your baby and you can do as you like and I'd support it anyway, but can I just add that I'm not a huge fan of your Cruyff representation. I know you want to replicate his versatility but having be able to play all positions really nerfs his attributes and make his face stats look very poor. It turns him into a 'Jack-of-all-trades' but master of none kind of player, whereas in reality he was one of the most technically gifted players of all-time and most know as a world class attacking midfielder. I also have the same issue with Di Stefano fwiw.

Still, like I said, if that's how you like it then fair enough, I can edit it myself again anyway :thup: 

Hey Mate,

This year I too have cottoned onto this, and it seems for some weird reason if a player plays too many positions, FM counts being able to play more positions as adding to their ability, so you are spot on that means the stats on the face of it is actually lower and I have combated this by re-doing all players who play multiple positions. The way I have achieved this is by taking off all the positions and only leaving the main two positions that the player played, then once they have been created properly, as you know no stat is left is left to chance, and they have their true 'face' ratings, i then add the positions on and yes this does mean that Cruyff has as high a rating now as it is possible to have but I dont agree with just because a player can play a different position that this should have an effect on any stat, except for versatility so I know that Cruyff and all the other players who play multiple positions are now correct and so you you won't need to adjust them anymore. :thup:

4 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Yeah it's been that way in the editor for a while. The more positions a player is natural or accomplished in the more it eats into their current ability total.

Yeah luckily i noticed this time around and re-done every player who plays multiple positions 

Attributes are weighted by position, so the more positions the person has the more the attributes will be weighted and the more the CA will be affected.

Depending on the position some attributes have no affect on the players CA while some will change it dramatically.

Here's a thread that studied it in detail.

5 hours ago, Shawn2166 said:

Attributes are weighted by position, so the more positions the person has the more the attributes will be weighted and the more the CA will be affected.

Depending on the position some attributes have no affect on the players CA while some will change it dramatically.

Here's a thread that studied it in detail.

Yes thanks for sharing. I have cottoned onto this and adjusted all 'relevant' players accordingly... :thup:

Edited by Fenech

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:40, Fenech said:

Just letting everyone know that I have started the process of Finalizing Squads and uploading relevant screenshots on the OP .. 

Please can you show a screenshot from Ajax squad? Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, gpassosbh said:

Please can you show a screenshot from Ajax squad? Thanks in advance.

When I get round to finalizing the Ajax Squad it will be posted on the opening pages :thup:

On 28/06/2018 at 09:17, Fenech said:

Update: Brian Clough to return as a player and not a manager...

Fantastic, he was a fantastic striker as well as a manager, looking forward to working with him.

5 minutes ago, aveago said:

Fantastic, he was a fantastic striker as well as a manager, looking forward to working with him.

he won't be disappointing, that's for sure. :lol: And of course, he is fully looking forward to becoming a manager once his playing days come to an end....... which won't be for a long time tho

Edited by Fenech

4 hours ago, aveago said:

Being a Charlton Athletic fan, are you adding any legends to that team, they have had a few, Bartram, Bowyer, Holland, Kinsella, Parker, Lisbie, Mendonca, Hunt are to name a few.

Although I can't guarantee they will have a full squad of legends at the time of release, Charlton who will be high on my list of teams to do. They will probably be done in the following update.

Edited by Fenech

5 hours ago, izagooner said:

nice work on the german teams :thup: Jens Musterman :lol:

:lol:  Well you wouldn't want to get into an argument with him anyway....

1277.png

Edited by Fenech

3 hours ago, Marius71 said:

Hi Fenech, not sure ifthis has been corrected but Charlie Wayman is showing on the Newcastle and the PNE squad images you have posted

He is in the PNE squad, I will update the newcastle Squad

Looking forward to this breathing new life in to my FM again.

Wednesday squad looks good. Only two things I'd note, and I'd happily edit them myself if it's not something you'd have the time or interest in so it's not even an issue really, is that John Harkes is a box to box style CM rather than a RM and I would put Carlton Palmer in the squad too, ahead of Glen Whelan if you're working to a squad limit.

I understand why he isn't in the Wednesday squad this time around as you've slightly changed the way you've built squads this year but just out of curiosity, where has Di Canio ended up this year?

21 hours ago, aveago said:

Are you able to include the class of 92? with Phil Neville and Nicky Butt?

Nicky Butt has now been included in the Manchester United Squad and I will update them shortly

42 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Looking forward to this breathing new life in to my FM again.

Wednesday squad looks good. Only two things I'd note, and I'd happily edit them myself if it's not something you'd have the time or interest in so it's not even an issue really, is that John Harkes is a box to box style CM rather than a RM and I would put Carlton Palmer in the squad too, ahead of Glen Whelan if you're working to a squad limit.

I understand why he isn't in the Wednesday squad this time around as you've slightly changed the way you've built squads this year but just out of curiosity, where has Di Canio ended up this year?

Hey,

John Harkes - point taken and he has now been updated accordingly...

Carlton Palmer, yes he did end up with West Brom at an earlier age, however he has been put back into the Wednesday squad now ready for the release, although I can't guarantee that when West Brom eventually get a full squad in a future update that he won't be put back there again... 

Paulo Di Canio - He is at Juventus for now. Although with the Juventus squad yet to be finalized, I am unable to guarantee that is where he will be when the game is released.

Edited by Fenech

Yeah Di Canio's a tricky one. Obviously massively talented but he never stuck around long enough to be considered a legend anywhere. The only 2 sides where he could possibly qualify for that status is us (and even then we only got 18 months out of him) and West Ham, but by then he was nearing the end of his career.

I usually make a few changes of my own anyway. Chris Waddle was my favourite ever Wednesday player so I always stick him in our squad, even though he obviously should be at Spurs or Newcastle to start with. Des Walker too.