Hi,

To my horror, I may fail FFP on the wages side of things - by quite some amount.

I've attached the details etc.  

Had a question around the bit that says 'Allowed Threshold' .

We're over the allowed amount by £25mill (thanks Alexis Sanchez) but the figure for 'Allowed Threshold' is in white and I don't know what that means over the whole scale of things?

I think I'm gonna need to sell 2 or 3 players in the January window.  *Gulp*

Cheers all.

ffp.png

205m Euro allowed, going to hit more than 270m and my advisers keep telling me I should negotiate new deals with most of the team, so I bet I could be at 384738478374m if I had my DoF auto negotiate.

DoF is broken and has no awareness of FFP wage rise and for us players I have no idea how to find the information to know how to keep below it.

The good news is that it's a simple fine, without any other ill effect.  It can hardly be more than a few millions in your case. I'm a bit worried that my club will get a 30m fine or something close to that.

15 hours ago, Griff86 said:

Hi,

To my horror, I may fail FFP on the wages side of things - by quite some amount.

I've attached the details etc.  

Had a question around the bit that says 'Allowed Threshold' .

We're over the allowed amount by £25mill (thanks Alexis Sanchez) but the figure for 'Allowed Threshold' is in white and I don't know what that means over the whole scale of things?

I think I'm gonna need to sell 2 or 3 players in the January window.  *Gulp*

Cheers all.

ffp.png

The allowed threshold is the level at which the rules apply - if your clubs wages were under that figure then the wage FFP wouldn't apply. The full wage rules are found in the rules tab on the league table screen - basically above that threshold your wages are only allowed to rise a certain amount.

7 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The allowed threshold is the level at which the rules apply - if your clubs wages were under that figure then the wage FFP wouldn't apply. The full wage rules are found in the rules tab on the league table screen - basically above that threshold your wages are only allowed to rise a certain amount.

I was on about the 'Allowed Threshold' part of the attachment.

I understand that my 'Allowed' amount is over the 'Projected' bit.

5 minutes ago, Griff86 said:

I was on about the 'Allowed Threshold' part of the attachment.

I understand that my 'Allowed' amount is over the 'Projected' bit.

The Allowed Threshold is the amount at which the rules start applying until you hit this amount your not subject to the FFP wage rule.

For example if your yearly wage bill was £30m you would be free to increase it by £50m to £80m even if you didn't make enough money to account for the £50m increase because you wages are below the threshold amount needed to make you subject to the FFP.

But in the next season as your wages are over the threshold amount any increase in your wages would be subject to FFP, so your wages going from £80m to £100m might see you fail FFP in your income didn't increase.

This is explained in the rules tab on the League Table Screen.

In your case you don't need to bother about the Allowed Threshold because you are already over it so it isn't doing anything in your case apart from letting you know your wages are subject to the wage FFP rules.

5 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

I’m currently about £150K over my wage budget - will additional funds via sponsors etc make any difference?

Also is it 100% that there is no longer a CL/EC ban for this now?

I believe there is no CL/EC ban for breaking FFP on wages, but there is for the other aspect of FFP (ensuring you don't lose too much money).

13 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

I’m currently about £150K over my wage budget - will additional funds via sponsors etc make any difference?

Also is it 100% that there is no longer a CL/EC ban for this now?

Failing the wage part is only a fine in the English Premier League (not sure if other leagues have different punishments if so it will be listed in the league rules) - bottom left bit in the above screenshot. Extra money from sponsors should help as wage increase amount is tied to the amount of extra money your club brings in, though I'm not sure when the cut-off points are so increased sponsorship might not start counting until the next season.

However the standard FFP rules are still in the game and are different for the League (top left) and Europe (right) so whilst you might be failing the wage part it doesn't mean you are failing either of them.

On 24/12/2017 at 14:33, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Failing the wage part is only a fine in the English Premier League (not sure if other leagues have different punishments if so it will be listed in the league rules) - bottom left bit in the above screenshot. Extra money from sponsors should help as wage increase amount is tied to the amount of extra money your club brings in, though I'm not sure when the cut-off points are so increased sponsorship might not start counting until the next season.

However the standard FFP rules are still in the game and are different for the League (top left) and Europe (right) so whilst you might be failing the wage part it doesn't mean you are failing either of them.

Thanks michael

the odd bit for me was that I was passing in Sep then failing in Oct even though no changes to player of staff salaries etc had been made over the previous month  ...

• 1 year later...

Archived