Computer Spec

Hi Guys, I know the specs for the game are not out yet, but im looking to upgrade my computer before its out anyway to make it as smooth as possible, does anyone know if this is possible with this....

Acer

Intel ® Pentium ® Dual CPU

E2140 @1.60 Ghz

1.60 Gh, 896 MB of Ram

Or should this computer run it ok, ran FM 08 fine.

Hi Guys, I know the specs for the game are not out yet, but im looking to upgrade my computer before its out anyway to make it as smooth as possible, does anyone know if this is possible with this....

Acer

Intel ® Pentium ® Dual CPU

E2140 @1.60 Ghz

1.60 Gh, 896 MB of Ram

Or should this computer run it ok, ran FM 08 fine.

Rangers, can you find out exactly what model of Acer Notebook (Laptop) it is? Then I'll be able to confirm what you can do!

To be honest, I reckon it'll run fine on the majority of systems. Obviously better systems will run it faster and allow bigger data bases. If a system upgrade is out of the question, I would recommend topping up your ram memory as much as possible.

mine is

intel ( R )

pentium ® 4 cpu 2.40 GHz

2.39 GHz, 512 MB of RAM.

I assume the new spec is not expected to be more than what i can run?

You will be able to run the game but would benefit from adding some additional RAM!

ok i'll look into it, how where can i get extra ram from- can i download it?

how much would a few quid be exactly? fiver?

No it's a physical item, can you give me the exact make & model of your PC and I'll be able to help you out.

No it's a physical item, can you give me the exact make & model of your PC and I'll be able to help you out.

If any of you guys are using Vista, remember that you can use an SD card (if you have a built in SD card reader) or a flash drive to boost your RAM on the cheap...although it's probably better to just buy some real RAM and install it (takes seconds, even I can do it, and I'm not a computer whiz or anything).

You can find out what RAM you need here if you know the model of the machine you are using.

http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/default.asp

The reason it cost 150quid is also as my mate who previously owned it who had it specially made and it has just been revealed was not registered with windows.

it cost quite abit to register.

there were a couple of other things as well.

everytime i turn my pc on, a blue screen appears saying i have ten seconds to press a key or it will read or clean my disks.

when i dont press a key it completes the first stage 100%, then just stays on the second stage at 0% until i restart it.

even if i leave it overnight it still stays on 0%.

if on the otherhand i press a key there was a virus found sign by the clock in the bottom right corner.

besides this, when i clicked start on the desktop, there was no option for all programs and only a few options at the top of the start page.

the sound had also stopped working, and i had also been unable to get a webcam up and running through msn which was also resolved.

i think its fair to say my pc was well and truely fooked and therefore 150 was not that bad?

OMG!! RAM!

Rangers, that computer will run the game fine. I run FM08 with 13 leagues on a similar computer with slightly less processing power and slightly more RAM. You'll be right.

is that to me?

cool, happy days, i think they were just saying it would make it process alot quicker.

The reason it cost 150quid is also as my mate who previously owned it who had it specially made and it has just been revealed was not registered with windows.

it cost quite abit to register.

there were a couple of other things as well.

everytime i turn my pc on, a blue screen appears saying i have ten seconds to press a key or it will read or clean my disks.

when i dont press a key it completes the first stage 100%, then just stays on the second stage at 0% until i restart it.

even if i leave it overnight it still stays on 0%.

if on the otherhand i press a key there was a virus found sign by the clock in the bottom right corner.

besides this, when i clicked start on the desktop, there was no option for all programs and only a few options at the top of the start page.

the sound had also stopped working, and i had also been unable to get a webcam up and running through msn which was also resolved.

i think its fair to say my pc was well and truely fooked and therefore 150 was not that bad?

Sounds like a bit of a mess if you don't mind me saying.

Can you afford a new machine? You could get a neat little laptop with decent specs for just over £300 from Play.com or Ebuyer.com

Sounds like a bit of a mess if you don't mind me saying.

Can you afford a new machine? You could get a neat little laptop with decent specs for just over £300 from Play.com

no, hence why i assumed this would be the cheaper option.

its fixed now for what i was hoping was just in time for the demo release!

looks like i was a week early and could of saved my cash and got more wasted at leyton oriernt away on tuesday than i now can afford!

Anyone needing advise about ram memory, try crucial.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/?gclid=CNzSn5SWwpYCFQWJ1Qod6R6Txw

There is a downloadable system scanner and also an online memory advisor tool. This should tell you what you need if you want to upgrade.

yeah i can recommend crucial. com ,i went from 1gb of RAM to 2gb for the cost of £24.

no, hence why i assumed this would be the cheaper option.

its fixed now for what i was hoping was just in time for the demo release!

looks like i was a week early and could of saved my cash and got more wasted at leyton oriernt away on tuesday than i now can afford!

Looks like everything is sorted. As I said, I'm sure that it will run the game well enough.

People say you need 2gig RAM My bum!! i got 1Gig and it works fine :D

While its true the game will work fine with 1GB or less the more ram you have the better really. When I had just 2GB in my computer I was able to run 25 leagues. I havent tried anymore than that even though I now have 4GB.

Im just wandering if these specs will be enough to run 09? it seemed pretty slow when 3+ leagues were loaded on 08:

# Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB

# Currently Installed Memory: 1GB

# Available Memory Slots: 1

# Number of Banks: 2

# Dual Channel Support: No

# CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

# CPU Family: Intel® Core Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz Model 14, Stepping 12

# CPU Speed: 800 MHz

if it does need upgrading could you advise me what i need to buy etcc....

Im just wandering if these specs will be enough to run 09? it seemed pretty slow when 3+ leagues were loaded on 08:

# Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB

# Currently Installed Memory: 1GB

# Available Memory Slots: 1

# Number of Banks: 2

# Dual Channel Support: No

# CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

# CPU Family: Intel® Core Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz Model 14, Stepping 12

# CPU Speed: 800 MHz

if it does need upgrading could you advise me what i need to buy etcc....

What can you afford? 2x2GB sticks would give you 4GB of RAM

Or as I said to the other guy, if you are running Vista, a good 4GB SD card (sandisk Extreme III) or a good Flash Drive would do the same job using the "Vista Ready Boost"

This site will tell you exactly what you need if you know what model your laptop is

For FM processor speed is more important than RAM.The more RAM the better(obviously) but FM is all about doing calculations in the fastest possible time.It's just that upgrading RAM is much cheaper and easier than upgrading your processor.

For FM processor speed is more important than RAM.The more RAM the better(obviously) but FM is all about doing calculations in the fastest possible time.It's just that upgrading RAM is much cheaper and easier than upgrading your processor.

so is my processor not very good? and im prepared to pay about £50 for upgrading! :)

ok i'll look into it, how where can i get extra ram from- can i download it?

how much would a few quid be exactly? fiver?

lol @ downloading ram!

You buy it, it's a piece of hardware that you slot into your PC. I think I bought 2 GB Ram for about £30 from PC world.

I currently have:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz

and

1022MB RAM

and it ran 08 fine, fast enough etc.

However, i felt like i needed to maximise it abit for 09 so i recently bought an extra 2GB of RAM which is on it's way :)

Bring on 09!

What can you afford? 2x2GB sticks would give you 4GB of RAM

Or as I said to the other guy, if you are running Vista, a good 4GB SD card (sandisk Extreme III) or a good Flash Drive would do the same job using the "Vista Ready Boost"

This site will tell you exactly what you need if you know what model your laptop is

If you are running XP, do not plug in 4GB of ram though. Max of 3GB.

I'm talking about the 32 bit version of course, sorry for the lack of clarity. I know of people who have had instability problems running more than 3GB when gaming. It's hard to tell exactly where the safe cut-off is. The 3.5GB figure is the maximum that 32-bit XP is able to use, in any case.

mine is

intel ( R )

pentium ® 4 cpu 2.40 GHz

2.39 GHz, 512 MB of RAM.

I assume the new spec is not expected to be more than what i can run?

If you have vista you'll need at least 1GB. I would install 2 just to be on the safe side and so you could enjoy more leagues.

Archived