FM18 GOODBYE 343 Knap

Hi Knap

just purchased the fm 18 touch, cant seem to download the fm18 demo on my laptop (not high enough spec anymore) 

Any chance of sending me the individual player instructions for the goodbye vol2?

appreciate your help as always, your tactics are what makes fm enjoyable.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have tried with mixed results. Have gone back to your 4-4-2 anchor with slight tweaks. Have changed WM to wingers and a combo of CF and AF which seems to be working. For away games have dropped to counter and direct passing. Early days but 2 wins and a draw

Cheers for the tactic Knap. Struggled away from home, but found a tweek near the end of the season, i just ticked be more disciplined and i was 7th at the time, i ended up finishing 3rd in the league with everton. I had loads of injuries and sold and bought a shed load of players! 

Knap, now you have made 2 top tactics: GOODBYE with 108 pts. and WOF vol.4 with 106 pts.

I am following your advice that both tactics are suitable for top and sub top teams, and GOODBYE for underdog teams.

I have now both tactics in my 2 tactics slot in Dortmund save. I have only played WOF vol.4 so far as Dortmund is considered top team. But I will give GOODBYE a try in some away or tough matches.

Below are the results so far (have to mention that I regularly rotate my squad, so they don't get unhappy for low number of appearances).

Dortmund_  Senior Fixtures.png

Knap, I have observed on forums, that fellow football managers have some issues/ problems when switching to a new version of a tactic you've made due to a ME change.

I also noticed that most of them switched tactics during the save. And than changed to their old tactic, due to issues of the new one.

However if they started the save with the newer version of tactic it worked very well.

I myself with Portsmouth save changed from GOODBYE vol.1 (101 pts.) to GOODBYE vol.2 (104 pts.) in the middle of season, and had some issues with conceding goals and losing away games. So I switched to old version of tactic, which worked very well.

I took Portsmouth from sky bet league one to premier league finnishing 2nd in consecutive years. Man Utd was just to strong at the end.

very impressed with the underdog tactics. ive been using the 442 anchor for away matches and the 343 goodbye for my home matches with Millwall. picked to finish in the drop zone i am currently 3rd in the league, leading the league in goals scored and just beat watford in the cup very easily. all with the default roster outside of bringing in Lys Mousset from Bournemouth on loan

On 12/28/2017 at 22:09, Doggy366 said:

Any success?

Yeah - i strictly used it as an Away tactic whilst using Blue Matter as my Home tactic and i ended up winning the league, and am now into the ACL Semis so far so good - although  overall i didn't perform as well Away as i did at Home, but this could be due to switching from VOL1 to VOL2 mid season. (although i also changed from BMVOL1 to VOL2 at the same time) 
-During the 9 games i used GBVOL1 before switching i got 4 wins & 5 draws (fully fluid)
-During the 14 games i've used GBVOL2 since i switched i've got 6 wins, 4 draws & 4 losses although almost all the wins were big ones. 

I'm going to try knap's latest update now; i'm coming to the end of pre-season so this time it'll be better timed aha.

Don't tease Knap :lol:

Loving the whole series. Used Volante to win Championship with Forest, then 2nd in first season in prem, winning league cup and Prem in season 3 and the Charity Shield, FA cup, Champions League and Prem in season 3. Unreal. Got the England job and won Nations League with Goodbye tactics in that season as well and smashed world cup qualification.

Only problem is my Forest side I've bought too many good wingers to go 4-3-3!

I am using FMT atm but usually use AM for all training. This is from last year with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

Archived