Scouting Meetings

I am playing as Barnet and I like the new scouting system but just find the number of useless reports a bit off putting.

I like to sit through my scouting meeting but almost half of it are terrible players offering themselves to me like this:

6478aa1ce2338044781f828dd0f9ac00.png

There is no way I am interested in these players, I have my own young players I can develop and these are just not good enough. If it was 1 or 2 it would be tolerable, but its like half the reports sometimes. 

ae39b01be0b98c1978f0adba1f3e3f7a.png

I am presuming these are future prospect players. But at the top it says player approaching the club? So is this an agent offering me this player and is it controlled by the page i linked above? I am confused by this. I am worried that by unticking this I will not be offered potentially good players from agents, yet I totally want to stop getting recommendations from players recommending themselves as I have not seen one who isn't awful yet.

da0b794ebd0cb063b181a000227f7604.png

This one is not so much an issue as I understand it, just seems a little odd maybe someone can help me understand. So I have a data analyst who from what I see works as a scout using stats only. So in theory he is reccomending players we could go and look at based on their stats, without actually having to scout or have any knowledge of a region. Cool, very nice addition actually. But I am playing as Barnet in L2, so far all I am getting is players from Brazil....

Like if he was finding people in Europe or even the UK, I would have a chance of signing them, but so far I have seen one non Brazilian. Is this totally random, is there a way I can influence the regions he is finding players in,

Thank you for any help you can give me. 

I think you have it correctly in your thoughts. I also get mostly horrible youngsters that I would never sign. But I guess it's like that in real life too. I take a quick look at the stats (the ones visible anyway) and if it's too little to go by I scout him, the same if he looks talented, but if he is rubbish I discard him. At least he won't bother me for a year....

Just now, saihtam said:

I have issue that when next players comes from the list his face stays the same as last one or is dark. Using custom faces, didint have this before the update.
Anyone also?

This is a known issue.

But on scouting note

Is there a way to separate the reports u see by the ones u scout and they suggest. Right now they are all piled up and it is so hard to see the ones i scout, will forget sometimes even or skip them.

26 minutes ago, saihtam said:

But on scouting note

Is there a way to separate the reports u see by the ones u scout and they suggest. Right now they are all piled up and it is so hard to see the ones i scout, will forget sometimes even or skip them.

A work around is to shortlist the ones you scout individually so you can keep tabs on them.

Not ideal but at least it's semi-effective.

7 minutes ago, Robioto said:

A work around is to shortlist the ones you scout individually so you can keep tabs on them.

Not ideal but at least it's semi-effective.

Horrible design flaw by SI side. Should not be this messy or give us more options for separating them.

Just now, saihtam said:

Horrible design flaw by SI side. Should not be this messy or give us more options for separating them.

I agree.

I'm finding the whole new scouting system a bit of a mess. All the ideas are good, but the implementation and user friendlyness of it has taken a nose dive.

You can change what you get in your inbox from this drop-down menu:

OTZ7seb.png

If you chose "Requested" you should get the one you have requested. I find the design unfamiliar compared to what we have had before, but I don't find it horrible. As I get to know it better I find I like it more and more.

Just now, XaW said:

OTZ7seb.png

If you chose "Requested" you should get the one you have requested. I find the design unfamiliar compared to what we have had before, but I don't find it horrible. As I get to know it better I find I like it more and more.

But then where can i see the ones my scouts recommend or agents offer, if I only decide to see the ones i request by scouting?

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

OTZ7seb.png

Great shout, that helps a lot. It's a shame it's not a checklist though so you can look at more than one category at a time.

1 minute ago, saihtam said:

But then where can i see the ones my scouts recommend or agents offer, if I only decide to see the ones i request by scouting?

Then change it back to the other things you want to see? You can always go into the scouting center every now and then and look at "All" when you feel like it.

Just now, Robioto said:

Great shout, that helps a lot. It's a shame it's not a checklist though so you can look at more than one category at a time.

Why not request it in the correct sub forum, maybe SI could implement it in a patch or future version?

13 hours ago, XaW said:

OTZ7seb.png

But when I select "requested" it is always no players there even though I have ordered my scouts to scout 5 players...

Just now, luka_ said:

But when I select "requested" it is always no players there even though I have ordered my scouts to scout 5 players...

Have you waited a week? The minimum time for scouts have been increased, or at least I think I read it somewhere. It is a more realistic time frame, since in FM17 you could scout the player on a Sunday and get almost full stats. Not sure how the scout did that if the player had a rest day...

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

Have you waited a week? The minimum time for scouts have been increased, or at least I think I read it somewhere. It is a more realistic time frame, since in FM17 you could scout the player on a Sunday and get almost full stats. Not sure how the scout did that if the player had a rest day...

Ok, will check.

Does anyone know if there are options to filter out people that will never get a work permit? I have the World package on, but as a PL team showing me 17 year old Brazilians is a little pointless when they are never going to get a WP. 

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Does anyone know if there are options to filter out people that will never get a work permit? I have the World package on, but as a PL team showing me 17 year old Brazilians is a little pointless when they are never going to get a WP. 

As a prem team I would like this! I would send the best ones out to a feeder club.

As Barnet is L2 it is redundant lol.

• 7 months later...

This is becoming a real drag at the level i'm managing, don't know if it affects me more because of the division i'm playing in (8th) but i get about 30 reports of these awful regens approaching me all the time.

The only way around this seems to be just filtering it to 'requested' but then there is the fear of missing out on an agent putting forward a player to me or a player approaching me whos about 28 and could actually make the first team, as opposed to the 30 17 year olds who approach me who have attributes of 3 on most things.

8 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

This is becoming a real drag at the level i'm managing, don't know if it affects me more because of the division i'm playing in (8th) but i get about 30 reports of these awful regens approaching me all the time.

The only way around this seems to be just filtering it to 'requested' but then there is the fear of missing out on an agent putting forward a player to me or a player approaching me whos about 28 and could actually make the first team, as opposed to the 30 17 year olds who approach me who have attributes of 3 on most things.

From the Staff -> Responsibilities -> Personal Assistant Screen you can choose which type of players agents offer you.

Archived