"Coming out" feature

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Fantastic :) Those are exactly the kind of places that need this more than anyone. 

Why? 

I've no feelings towards this feature, if it helps homosexual footballers come out and helps them live their life then that's a great thing. Always just curious why the same people who rage about how single minded people who don't like this feature are, then go on to demand their beliefs should be forced upon others. 

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

It would be a lot easier if those arguing against the feature just admitted it's because they don't agree with homosexuality in principle.  Not buying the weak arguments put forward over something so inoffensive.  Because as enigmatic points out, I don't remember more than a passing glance whenever Movember was shoehorned in.  Must've been because it's all about us blokes, eh?  Not them:rolleyes:

I wouldn't agree that anybody who considers this feature to be tacky, clumsy virtue signalling is by definition homophobic, tbh. However it is just *one* news item; the Movember thing was far worse in terms of impact on immersion imo (and l did complain about this at the time). 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no feelings towards this feature, if it helps homosexual footballers come out and helps them live their life then that's a great thing. Always just curious why the same people who rage about how single minded people who don't like this feature are, then go on to demand their beliefs should be forced upon others. 

If you are referring to me here, I would advise you to read my first post in this thread. I was ambivalent of the issue as I didn't quite see the need. However, as I've read all the statements below, I've realized that people are not as tolerant as had thought, so I guess it's something that needs more awareness. By this i DON'T think they should force you to condone of it, since I get that some have it against their beliefs or morals, but why should others bother with it? It's not like your life is impacted, neither by SI adding it to game, or indeed the sexual orientation iself?

Just now, Danchinaski said:

I wouldn't agree that anybody who considers this feature to be tacky, clumsy virtue signalling is by definition homophobic, tbh. However it is just *one* news item; the Movember thing was far worse in terms of impact on immersion imo (and l did complain about this at the time). 

Some people probably did complain, but there's by no means the furore there is around this.  Maybe moustaches are only offensive when worn by someone who likes men.

You admit it's just one news item, so I just don't see what there is to get so worked up by, unless you fundamentally disagree with the subject matter.  If people do, that's up to them, would certainly be easier than the other weak arguments being put forward.

3 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Raise it in the Feature Requests forum.  And wtf does this have to do with the topic at hand anyway?  Footballer criminality doesn't need awareness being raised, but a quick read of this thread (and some of the atrocious posts we've had to remove) shows you that this subject does need addressing.

Don't suppose you fancy moving it over for me? I'm not going to put too much effort in as I can't see SI ever doing it as it wouldn't fit with Mile's apparent new policy of being the moral guardian of football, and it would hardly get positive press which is mostly what I think this is aimed at getting - free advertising.

Just to set out my stall: I couldn't give a monkeys if someone (real or fictional) is gay or straight or likes blumpkin in their spare time. Their life, innit. 

Archived