FM18 player value shock

Davidcc

Playing as Leeds. Aware of Phil Foden's real life exploits for England U17s, I put in a cheeky suggested bid amount of just over his somewhat low game value without any real hope of success. Man City unsurprisingly rejected the suggestion but put in a negotiated transfer value of £106 million!!! I spent a few seconds hunting for the decimal point but there wasn't one. I suppose that is one way of saying we don't want to sell. Needless to say the transfer didn't proceed.

Anybody seen a higher "go away" figure than this for a very young player?

11 hours ago, Davidcc said:

Playing as Leeds. Aware of Phil Foden's real life exploits for England U17s, I put in a cheeky suggested bid amount of just over his somewhat low game value without any real hope of success. Man City unsurprisingly rejected the suggestion but put in a negotiated transfer value of £106 million!!! I spent a few seconds hunting for the decimal point but there wasn't one. I suppose that is one way of saying we don't want to sell. Needless to say the transfer didn't proceed.

Anybody seen a higher "go away" figure than this for a very young player?

Arsenal set £120m for me when I tried to bid for Rob Holding, then I got a scout report saying Jamal Lascelles was available for £3.3m and £25k p/w after Newcastle got relegated.. Needless to say I told Arsenal where to shove it.

18 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

There are still a lot of bargains out there though. I've focused on building the squad in FM18 rather than go for a "big ticket" player.

Relegated clubs is where its at, its like clearance sale where everything is 90% off. I could have assembled an entire new backup defense from Newcastle alone with Lascelles, Mbemba, Clark & Dummett. All for less than £20m if my scouts estimation are to be believed.

I think in FM18 it really is cost effective to invest in your own youth facilities and developing your own players rather than relying on buying players. Even in League 2 I would have to sling around 100k+ just to get a good player for that level. It's not sustainable.

#InvestInYouth

10 hours ago, Sheep said:

I think in FM18 it really is cost effective to invest in your own youth facilities and developing your own players rather than relying on buying players. Even in League 2 I would have to sling around 100k+ just to get a good player for that level. It's not sustainable.

#InvestInYouth

Definitely agree with this from what I have seen so far. Especially in England, young English players cost a fortune compared to the equivalent European players but that's just the same IRL so been trying to pick them out at 15/16 when they don't cost 1000 times their value! Obviously haven't gone far enough in yet to see if this will pay off but my Cardiff U18 are smashing it!

On 03/11/2017 at 16:59, michalgottwald said:

Yeah, this is definitly something new. Tried to bid for unhappy FC Midtjylland striker Paul Onuachu, and was quoted £40M. That's for a 23 year old player valued at 1.5m, that doesn't have much room to grow.

Not particularly. This happened in 17 as well.

On 08/11/2017 at 04:10, Sheep said:

#InvestInYouth

I get that, but playing as Celtic last year, I get a good player come through, give him a few games and then the big boys come in with low bids, I say no, player get pissed upset.

So I sell, and they end up going on loan to some League 1 team. And I was Celtic, playing in Champions League giving them games.

Invest in youth helps until big teams low ball you and player wants to move.

I agree with the advice of investing in youth as it does pay off.

The point about the bigger teams low balling for players and then getting pissy and asking to leave is also an annoying part of the game, I just hope that they've resolved the issue of clubs doing that from last year.

I had a problem with last years game being that, during a Man United save I had, I was winning the league every season and either winning or getting to the final of the CL each year and whenever I tried to unsettle a player it never worked and they wouldn't want to move but time and time again Real Madrid would try and unsettle my players (and it always worked) and yet they hadn't made it to the quarter finals in 4 years

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:09, Zeonflux said:

I agree with the advice of investing in youth as it does pay off.

The point about the bigger teams low balling for players and then getting pissy and asking to leave is also an annoying part of the game, I just hope that they've resolved the issue of clubs doing that from last year.

I had a problem with last years game being that, during a Man United save I had, I was winning the league every season and either winning or getting to the final of the CL each year and whenever I tried to unsettle a player it never worked and they wouldn't want to move but time and time again Real Madrid would try and unsettle my players (and it always worked) and yet they hadn't made it to the quarter finals in 4 years

I never have this problem with youngsters. I then had a system of offering them good contracts as soon as they start playing well and then updating it before windows. Seemed to help as after I started doing that I could talk them round.

I had the problem with established players though had the best cb in the world at Chelsea. Won the league and got to the final of the champions league but as soon as Madrid came in (who finished 7th in spain) he wanted to go and form nose dived) Happens too much with senior players even when winning. I understand one or two players having their head turned that happens but one season  had 9 out of a title winning 11 wanting to leave to teams who weren't winning in their divisions! very frustrating. Not sure if its a bug or just how the want the game to play.

Had brahim Diaz on loan at Pompey from man city from January in the first season, 15 games 3 goals 3 assists from AMC as an AP/a valued at 650k at end of season. Bid 2mil to test the water city fired back with £126million and 50% future fee.... Needless to say I took him on loan for the second season for no cost instead

Archived