[FM18] Dulwich Hamlet - Against Modern Football

Bedese

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ParkeraGames said:

Enjoyed so following 

4 hours ago, nonleague said:

Enjoying the read, so will follow and see how Danny and Grimshaw materialise. You're gonna have your work cut out trying to keep ahold of Danny boy! Oh love how he only has 4 for heading yet has already scored 2 headers :)

Cheers!

Injuries and suspensions mean more youth products come into the side for this game... against Bromley, who sit just a place behind us. What a place to make your debut!

fa95f386d4f37b167e5d94513ac07472.jpg

6'5 16 year old Michael Charles steps into the heart of our defence, while Nicholas Springer-Downes gets the start at CM at just 15. Danny Moore retains his place upfront, and youth product Jonathan Tomlinson gets a spot on the bench for this one.

f8460197f0451cd938b62803dee26831.png

Marlon Jackson is an absolute saviour. 2-0 down at 88 minutes, and he hammers home two beautiful low shots to rescue a point in a game we really should be winning.

86cc9046501a4ec28412071175f3bfe5.png

That point keeps us in the playoff places. 3 games to go - can we hold on?

ea43067900803e1a802aa79bacd02893.png

Awful. Awful, awful, awful. Our form at the end of the season was absolutely woeful, and we've limped to a really disappointing 9th place. We weren't going to make any noise in the playoffs, but to not even reach them after being in the playoff places for almost the entire season is a bitter pill to swallow.

42141d8d8923dbfbb878edefd2c166f9.png

13 hours ago, KillercowDivine said:

The classic curse of it being super hard to win matches in the last few rounds of the season. You did bravely and now it will be interesting to see if you can strive higher for next season

That might be a bit tricky...

fac5894ca0ac8e98579751dae478c4f8.png

Predicted to get relegated, 20th out of 22nd. Harsh...

With the new season, we're going to try and get as many of the youngsters into the team as possible. Danny Moore will start upfront, and despite being just 1* CA, Nicholas Springer-Downes will - for now at least - be our starting Box to Box Midfielder. Jim Grimshaw and Michael Charles (at CM and CB respectively) will get their opportunities, too.

e07a64eecb11687cd2ca5178363708d4.png

Even if these offers weren't completely terrible, I'm not selling to Alan Stubbs, and I'm sure as hell not selling to MK Franchise, who's presence goes against literally everything Dulwich Hamlet believe in. New rule for the save: We will never, ever make a deal with MK Dons, for any player.

The reason the compensation amount was so miniscule was (I'm assuming) because of the EPPP we have in England, which is one of the worst ever ideas with regards to Youth Development. Basically, we can do nothing to stop another club taking our youngsters, and all we get is compensation. That compensation varies based on the category of Youth Academy (we're Category 4 out of 4, which means we get the least) as well as number of games played in the football league I believe, but we're not in the football league so that's irrelevant. 

We need to bump up our category ASAP, but that costs a whole lot of money. In other circumstances, I wouldn't mind sitting at this level for a few years and building up the squad. but we need to get some cash into the club, which means cup runs (how costly not making it to the 1st round of the FA Cup in either year is...) and rising up the leagues. Even though we'd get absolutely battered in the Conference, I'm hoping we can find a way to get promoted and start to look at getting our Academy to a Category 3.

EDIT: I forgot the most important part. Promotion means a chance to turn Professional, which would obviously give us a better chance of keeping our players. Although, if we offer our most talented youth players a part-time contract rather than a youth one, I believe that would stop any other team from being able to take them for a compensation fee. I'll try that out with the next bunch of players.

Youth Intake Day!

6ecf2ee08d51e0d0c9b7cdab43174160.png

dd846b2a7b1887d932f1677df1e4ae0a.png

He's going to slot straight into the team as Danny Moore's replacement, but with just 5 finishing, he might not stay starting for long.

824be0f96e62da4c98048b92f0be36ce.png

We've been looking for a BWM, and Drey is going to come right into the starting 11. Excited about him.

100e67df92f3f93e2401f2695afd9d42.png

424ad898e9c75ba4a92a326f684ef27a.png

Two more good prospects on the left.

So we've been able to sign those four onto Part-Time contracts, but those won't begin until they turn 17. Until then, they're on youth contracts, but does their future arrangement with us to turn Semi-Pro at a set date prohibit other clubs from signing them, or are they still free to move until the date on which they become Semi-Pro players here? We'll wait and see...

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They can't be approached if they have signed a pre-contract, or shouldn't be. 

Drey Douglas starting with 13 positioning is excellent.

Superb to know! We're in good nick, then...

2472b0f72cc4db97901603bb3f38726e.png

Leigh Corbett bagged a brace on his second appearance for the club to give us a 2-0 win.

5bce1e61b4bda076f8c1564d0cf884a3.png

9 games to go. Next up: We're only at home against top of the league Sutton!

18 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

It's maybe worth cashing in when big clubs come calling for your players.  Get the 50% sell ons in and negotiate as high as you can, short term cash for long term gains?

100%. If we get any even remotely decent offers that we can slip a 50% clause into, we're selling.

Archived