Is this years system spec much more demanding ?

I seem to be having issue this year with FM causing my system to overheat.  At first I thought it might just be the laptop needing some attention, but I have opened it all up, cleaned out the fans etc and re-applied therm paste the lot.

The Game itself recommends that I can play on High settings, and it gives me a 5 star 3Dmatch engine rating.

Whenever I play it on High tho with the frame rate set at 60, Im only getting 18-25 FPS.  My fans come on even before the match engine and after only a couple of games played on 3D the temps was getting as high as 85-87 ,, topping out once at 91!!!

On Medium settings I'm averaging 55-58FPS and although the fans come on right away my first game there average temp around 70.

Is this years game that much more demanding on system requirements?  I can play Skyrim Elder Scrolls , Crysis 1-3 , Medal of Honor and COD Black Ops 1 and 2 and they average around 65-74 temp.  I would have thought that those kind of games would be much more demanding?

My laptop is a few years old but my system spec is an Alienware M15X with i-7 Quad 1.9Ghz (that boosts to 3.1) with a Nvidia GTX 460M and 8Gb RAM.  I should be ok,, right?

Does anyone know if they upped the system spec?  Never had any bother with FM16.  Have they released any info on what to expect for FM18.

Still cant figure how the FM Match engine is causing more of demand on my GPU than COD.

Yeh I didn't think the ME graphics had changed that much tbh.  But If I play it on the high settings that it recommends my temps definitely go way up and I lose frame rate.

Last yr it played fine on High settings.  

Really strange ,, esp as the other games I mention seem fine.  The only thing I go over in regards to the recommendations is a few more nations / lgs in the initial setup ,,, but wouldn't have thought would affect the ME,,, and as soon as I come out of the ME the temps start to fall again , so its not the processing ??

Confused.com??

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I have a Nvidia geforce GT 750M 1024MB apparently!

Can anyone let me know if this is ok to run the new Football manager 18 please?

Should be fine, especially with the graphics card. Also I presume its a quad core CPU so yeah its more than good enough. 

The minimum specs for graphics cards are:

Graphics Cards: Cards equal to or better than the following: 

Intel GMA X4500

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

256MB VRAM 
DirectX Version 9.0c or higher

5 minutes ago, Ignats75 said:

Kubi,

I have a Quadro K1000M display manager on my lenovo w530.  I can't find what that equates to.  17 runs fine on it.  Am I OK?

This is similar to the minimum specs of nvidia 9600, so it should work:

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-K1000M-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-9600-GT/m7800vsm7677

If you want to be sure, try the demo first.

14 hours ago, KUBI said:

The minimum specs for graphics cards are:

Graphics Cards: Cards equal to or better than the following: 

Intel GMA X4500

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

256MB VRAM 
DirectX Version 9.0c or higher

My specs are currently

image.png.47c1385b18838a8b4a00535989e6f833.pngand I can run fm17 on the lowest setting fine. How about fm18?

On 10/16/2017 at 19:00, trueblue said:

Is this years game that much more demanding on system requirements?  I can play Skyrim Elder Scrolls , Crysis 1-3 , Medal of Honor and COD Black Ops 1 and 2 and they average around 65-74 temp.  I would have thought that those kind of games would be much more demanding?

My laptop is a few years old but my system spec is an Alienware M15X with i-7 Quad 1.9Ghz (that boosts to 3.1) with a Nvidia GTX 460M and 8Gb RAM.  I should be ok,, right?

Thing is with other games like Elder Scrolls and Crysis and Medal of Honor and even COD is that they are  not processor intensive. They're games that can be run on a processor that doesn't really require too much - for example Elder Scrolls requires a 2.0ghz processor and yours is 1.9ghz

FM is an intensive processor game, graphics and RAM are secondary to these, compared to other games like Elder Scrolls, where graphics and ram are primary components, and processor comes last. 

FM requires a 2.2ghz processor - and your processor is 1.9ghz. I'm guessing that it's an i7-3517U.

A U processor, especially one of this age, wouldn't be sufficient for running FM.

Football Manager 2012 required 1.4ghz processor (or 2.0ghz with a later OS)

FM 2013/14 - 1.6ghz

FM 15 - 1.6ghz (XP) 2.2ghz (7/8)

Fm16/17/18 - 2.2ghz

Over the years processing got a lot more demanding. 

I had FM13 for a new laptop with an i7-2630QM - which ran Fm12 brilliantly - and I got FM13 and it was slow and ridiculous. 

Found out that having Scout Reports severely degraded the performance, the more players I scouted the slower the game ran. 

I eventually just got rid of all my scouts, and the game ran brilliant, took a couple of hours to delete all the scout reports. 

Got a 3rd party programme to research players - but that was basically cheating.

So I went back to FM12. 

1 hour ago, FulhamFc14 said:

Would a Chromebook be able to handle a medium/large database with 4-6 leagues?

On 5/1/2015 at 23:05, Lucas Weatherby said:

No plans. The applications on ChromeOS are fundamentally different to those on Windows, Mac and Linux. They are web applications, FM isn't. it just isn't compatible for a start.

Archived