GOODBYE 442 FM17.3.2 Knap

On 8/21/2017 at 17:44, smagaius said:

Great one! Added tight marking and roam from position on tactic instructions and its been great fun with a ton of goals/chances.

Thanks!

my understanding of tight marking only applies / activates when you assign man marking, it doesn't zonal mark "tightly" correct me if i'm wrong.
cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Knapp, I am playing touch on an iPad - would it be possible for you to load screenshots of the tactic set up? Would be much appreciated! Am struggling with a Crystal Palace save. Have managed to get a few wonderskids to incorporate into the team but can't seem to buy a goal. Generating a decent amount of shots but that's it. If there is another formation to try please let me know (am trying one of your 5-2-3-0 formations at the moment). Thanks!

IMG_1404.PNG

IMG_1405.PNG

The latest tactics are not tested over 180 games. This tactic is probably the best 442 and there is GOODBYE 4231 etc and these are wide tactics.

Top long term tested tactics will be WOF 4231 narrow or Warpigs

3430 is the best tactic but even over 180 games there is little difference between this and 3421 including Journeyman 3421. GOODBYE DIRECT 3430 is also performing well as an away tactic.

As I don't have screenshots for the other tactics I would use the 3430I

Hi @knap, used your tactics many a time and really like them.  I've been playing a save on FM15 for the last couple of years and have only just upgraded to 17 through the cheap deal a few weeks ago...am looking forward to starting a new save on a journeyman career for a bit before probs plunging back into a Harrogate Town save in a few months time.

I've heard strikerless formations are the way to go on 17, and I've seen a lot of positivity regarding your 343 strikerless tactic.  However, I always love using strikers, so which out of your tactics using strikers (I usually like 442, 433 or 4231 tactics) would you recommend?  I'd be happy having 2 or 3 of your tactics to switch between them depending on the players I have etc.

Cheers.

Wide tactics are not the way to go and best to use 3 at back. I would recommend either 3421 or 3412 and 3430, but I have covered most of the formations. I've done a couple of seasons with Dulwich Hamlet so not a problem with lower league

27 minutes ago, knap said:

Wide tactics are not the way to go and best to use 3 at back. I would recommend either 3421 or 3412 and 3430, but I have covered most of the formations. I've done a couple of seasons with Dulwich Hamlet so not a problem with lower league

Thanks Knap, are there any specific 3421 or 3412 tactics you've done which are good to use?  You've got quite a few names of tactics out there so could do with being pointed in the right direction of your better ones.

WOF are more topdog tactics ad GOODBYE Underdog. Journeyman is a hybrid of the 2

GOODBYE 3430 JOURNEYMAN 3421 GOODBYE 3421 AND WOF 3430 are all in top 5 tactics independently tested over 180 games.

13 minutes ago, knap said:

WOF are more topdog tactics ad GOODBYE Underdog. Journeyman is a hybrid of the 2

GOODBYE 3430 JOURNEYMAN 3421 GOODBYE 3421 AND WOF 3430 are all in top 5 tactics independently tested over 180 games.

Cheers Knap, will try some of those and I'll let you know how I get on.

On 3/9/2017 at 21:46, knap said:

Wide tactics are not the way to go and best to use 3 at back. 

This ,

the MR,ML,AMR,AML are not working ,

the WBs are superb ,

i play with a tweak version of GOODBYE , but with 3 MCs -1AMC-1Striker(Assymetric) and is unstoppable.

On 2017-09-06 at 00:07, roggiotis said:

i think its pointless because i change mentality during games ,TIs ,and sometime roles ,

also sometimes i play with 2DCs+DM and not 3DCs,

but the tactic is inspired from you :thup:

Could you post a screen shot? I have played with Knap's 3-4-2-1 but I am thinking of setting up a 3-5-1-1. It would be interesting to see yours. 

On 2017-09-05 at 23:36, knap said:

Is the tweak posted anywhere? I tend to use that set up when down to 10 and normally works well.

Knap, you don't have a set up like 3-5-1-1? Conte's Chelsea sometimes line up like this when playing tough opposition with Pedro connected with the two central midfielder. 

Or if you don't have one. Could you make one from WOF 3-4-2-1 with some tweaks?

Thanks,

Anders, Sweden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a stronger team than his..juventus while he has the inter ... why would I suggest the counterattack? Would the 3412 raw sienna standard and the 3421 raw sienna change from standard counterweight to? he uses this 442 counterattack

The tactic testing that was carried out earlier in year had over 180 games Journeyman at 349 pts and the best 442 at the time at 309 pts. I would say that Journeyman will be the better tactic. 

I used GOODBYE 3430 with Dulwich Hamlet, and in past FMs I have used same tactics I use with Spurs as with Frimley Green. I would pick a formation that suits your squad.

Archived