Has the issue regarding half-backs in a back-four been resolved? I know it never worked in FM16 and I just purchased FM17. I want to know if it's a viable option before I base my new career's formation around it. Relevant posts about the issues are here and here. Both threads seem to die before the start of January, 2017 so I'm optimistic that the bug was fixed in one of the patches. Thank you.

New staff members with no key attributes, roles introduced that don't work properly, pretty much pointless added filler like the social media bit...but you can get a discount on FM18. Which might not work properly until it's been fully patched in Jan. Superb. ;)

Exactly why I decided to get FM17 yesterday. I figured if FM18 won't be playable until January anyways, and FM17 is (then) $12.00, I can't go wrong. Heard the match engine (apart from the occasional role issue mentioned here) as good as its ever been. Hope to jump in with both feet as I did for FM10, 12, and 14. Yes, this is my first odd-numbered FM going all the way back to CM03/04

I use wing backs(in DL position) with half backs and hey work pretty fine, and I think half back is the best role to have in the DM as they secure pretty mcuh the whole defense to midfield with good interceptions by cutting those long passes with a bit good passing and vision he does really good job in long range passes too, I use fairky narrow or balanced and sometimes wide, so far I haven't found that much of a problem yet.

I had never realised this problem that you’re mentioning. But went to Ozil’s post to understand it.

Speaking about the ME logic, imo, the CBs fan out with the WB because they are on the WB strata, not because of the HB. 

Questions:

If you play 2 CB, 2 WB and a non-HB DM, do they still fan out?

If you play 3 CB and 2 FB, do they fan out?

Archived